Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC youth team players (Quiz)  (Read 7475 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, December 6, 2018, 23:35:05 »

He came back and played a game v Forest, in 05, one of the last games of King. Amazingly we won 2-1.

Little did we think when Wes Morgan came on after 70 mins, he'd captain Leicester to win the Prem.

I was at that game. Quite a buzz at the time about his return too. He could still cross, but it was shining example of why you shouldn’t go back. David Kerslake came back as well for a brief stint at the end - which is often forgotten. Always had a soft spot for him - he was the first poster I had on my wall, from the Friday “Kick Off” Adver supplement.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 01:29:06 »

I was at that game. Quite a buzz at the time about his return too. He could still cross, but it was shining example of why you shouldn’t go back. David Kerslake came back as well for a brief stint at the end - which is often forgotten. Always had a soft spot for him - he was the first poster I had on my wall, from the Friday “Kick Off” Adver supplement.

I quite liked it that he came back for 1 game and we beat Forest, who historically we didn't do so well against... sweated like a  sauna, but could still do a cross.  OK there weren't many Town fans there to see it, but it was the first time we'd managed to beat them, so holds a certain place for me. They got their revenge in the return fixture.

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 02:44:27 »

I got 20 before I got bored because I couldn't remember what ian herrings name was. so 21 once I'd googled it then I thought I might as well just leave it at that. Oh and Sam Campanga - had a  go at that, but must have spelt it wrong, was always an enigma of the 90's back of the programme squad numbers.

Don't think Bertie Braley was a youth product. Few other oddities too. Good fun though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 08:52:48 »

I think Swindon-Town-fc.co.uk may be fallible, for the first time ever. One was a Samsung player, and another a freebie from West Ham.

Yep, Brayley is wrong, apologies and will remove. West Ham youth player, we signed him straight onto pro terms. Let me see if you see any other wrong ones. Which Samsung winner is in there? (Antonio, found from Google.)

The error is mine rather than the Oracles here - I was getting a bit lax copying them out towards the end I think.

Summerbee did indeed play one game for Town in the 21st century - he's a cheeky inclusion but he does meet all the criteria. So does Adi Viveash to be fair but I left him out...

« Last Edit: Friday, December 7, 2018, 08:59:27 by Nemo » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 10:30:53 »

Jeez no wonder i only remembered 7...
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 10:31:13 »

There’s a few not in there too. The year Campagna was taken on was I think the same year we took McHugh (also in the list), as well as Alan Flanagan (missing) the keeper who played at Bramall Lane, Ricky Culbertson (missing - the NI centre back, who I don’t think we’ve played) and McAreavey.  

There are some names towards the bottom that I’ve never heard of.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 10:39:54 »

Fucking hell Nemo, you're a disgrace.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 12:06:39 »

There’s a few not in there too. The year Campagna was taken on was I think the same year we took McHugh (also in the list), as well as Alan Flanagan (missing) the keeper who played at Bramall Lane, Ricky Culbertson (missing - the NI centre back, who I don’t think we’ve played) and McAreavey.  

There are some names towards the bottom that I’ve never heard of.

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Person.asp?PersonID=FLANAGAA
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Squad.asp?Season=1999-2000

Culbertson & Alan Flanagan was released the season before the cut off for this by the looks of it. Campagna and McHugh both had squad numbers in 2000/01 so make the cut.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 12:08:34 »

Ha! I stand corrected. In case it came across wrong, I wasn’t criticising, merely indulging myself in a time that I could roll off squad numbers, players, minutes we scored in, etc.... whereas now I can turn up and not recognise a player if I walked past them. Love a good quiz and thanks for doing it!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, December 7, 2018, 12:10:08 »

Ha! I stand corrected. In case it came across wrong, I wasn’t criticising, merely indulging myself in a time that I could roll off squad numbers, players, minutes we scored in, etc.... whereas now I can turn up and not recognise a player if I walked past them. Love a good quiz and thanks for doing it!

If I took offence that easily I probably wouldn't have spent the last twelve years on the TEF!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: