Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power 5 years is up  (Read 22033 times)
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 08:28:04 »

Maybe now the 5 years up there will be news on a new focal point/investor for our club :-)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 08:34:43 »

Maybe now the 5 years up there will be news on a new focal point/investor for our club :-)

Poundland sponsorship?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 08:54:37 »

I can understand plugging a leaky ship but we've been sailing for 5 years now, what's the plan/goal?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 09:08:36 »

This is all fairly worthless surmising

Without knowing the exact financial position of the club it is impossible to decide whether being 12th in L2 is a good trade off for being sustainable (or not).

People either believe Power when he spouts figures or they don’t. The only time we may know how he has actually run the club is when he leaves. Even them there may be some sort of confidentiality clause stopping any disclosures.

On this basis people can only judge the product on the pitch - anything else to do with the club is all supposition.

Physical evidence of the training ground and a finalising of the CG ownership would be a good start.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 09:56:22 »

It’s now 5 years to the day since Powers had full control of the club.

League position 03/12/13- 7th league One

League position- 03/12/18- 12th league Two

Really doesn’t make good reading does it

In more simple terms....

03/12/13- Jed McCrory and a bunch without a pot to piss in....
03/12/18- No Jed McCrory and some money available for players when required.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 10:17:56 »

This is all fairly worthless surmising

But we've been doing this on the TEF and for some it's forerunners like MyOnlySwindon and thisis, for years now. Where's the fun in stopping.

I'd like to see Power heading up the STFC equivalent of a Soviet style Politburo and outlining in detail the inevitable success of the next 5 year plan...

Those crushed under it's weight however seem to be Town fans rather than bourgeois revisionist lapdogs. Further, the model for the hand looks to be a resident from near to the training ground.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 10:28:23 »

Reg,  I have a feeling we need another Five Year Plan now.  At the end of which there is a danger I will be heading off in my Trabant to watch my more local team, whisper it, Woking.

Until Fitton came along, my first objective for STFC at the start of each season had been to avoid falling into administration.  Rightly or wrongly, after the Jed blip, I now discount that possibility each August.

My second objective for STFC each August used to be to secure those 52 points and avoid the drop.  Thanks to Power, I now also discount that possibility each August due to us being in the basement league and even then with only 2 down.

Power has given us, season on season, financial stability, if not, as Audrey says, balance street strength where who knows?  The training ground would be an improvement as would the acquisition of an equal share of the County Ground with the Trust.  This is not really part of any vision for STFC by Power, imo, but rather a (good) piece of opportunism regarding the former and a simple response to the Trust's initiative regarding the CG.  Who cares whether it was planned or not, if it does come about.

If we are not promoted this season then our FL status is now at risk of emulating the worst ever since the 50s or 60s before the old Division 3 was de-regionalised.

There is a danger of significant damage to STFC's income stream if stagnation (let alone worse) at this new low level persists.  Such an outcome would have to be factored into making any judgements on the financial success or otherwise of Power's restructuring project. You'd be no financial guru if you took over a troubled JD Sports and ended up with a self sustaining Don Rogers Sports in Swindon.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 18:28:52 by RedRag » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 10:43:31 »

some good points.

But 5 year plans have proven useless over the years.

I'm sure publicly Powers would be
 - new training ground sorted
 - CG land purchased
 - promotion to L1 and challenging for championship
 - continues self sustainability

and then if it goes South, and let's be honest nobody can expect him to achieve all that based on past performance, then what. Another 5 year plan?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 10:45:17 »

Trabby  Smiley

The cognoscenti's car none of that Lada or Zastava Yugo muck.

I'd like to see a detailed outline of points and victory targets for each season, and the establishment of a gulag for failure
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 10:55:02 »

But we've been doing this on the TEF and for some it's forerunners like MyOnlySwindon and thisis, for years now. Where's the fun in stopping.

I'd like to see Power heading up the STFC equivalent of a Soviet style Politburo and outlining in detail the inevitable success of the next 5 year plan...

Those crushed under it's weight however seem to be Town fans rather than bourgeois revisionist lapdogs. Further, the model for the hand looks to be a resident from near to the training ground.

Don't be putting that commie nonsense on here, SRK will explode in a McCarthyist manner.
Sir red ken

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 10:58:42 »

Whilst we haven't diced with bankruptcy death the last five years have seen us recruit and sack a shit load of managers. Blow a playoff final,get relegated to the basement and loose every FA cup campaign to non league teams. We've sold or let them leave for free,better players than we currently have in our team. Each season starts with a scramble to grab anyone on a free who can pull on a town strip and lace their boots. While I'm glad we still have a club, I start every season now wondering whether this is the year we lose our football league status. Since LP has been running the club I've lost a lot of hope that the club might go forward, LP has steadied the ship but is it now sailing to a semi-pro ocean? based on the last 5 years the evidence would be yes.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 11:11:51 »

Fans buying in to 5-year plans is just as daft as owners mentioning them.

It was probably said as a lazy way to divert a tricky question.

I’ve enjoyed reading comments across social media suggesting that the comment is essentially contractual and the gentlemanly thing to do is to sell up.

Pinch of salt, every time.
Sir red ken

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 12:54:36 »

Fans buying in to 5-year plans is just as daft as owners mentioning them.

It was probably said as a lazy way to divert a tricky question.

I’ve enjoyed reading comments across social media suggesting that the comment is essentially contractual and the gentlemanly thing to do is to sell up.

Pinch of salt, every time.
Your absolutely correct Costanza we should take it all with apinch of salt. I'm going to continue watching the town for the rest of the season, LP can take that with a pinch of salt especially if the team plays shite.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 13:11:53 »

Your absolutely correct Costanza we should take it all with apinch of salt. I'm going to continue watching the town for the rest of the season, LP can take that with a pinch of salt especially if the team plays shite.

Okay, cool.
Sir red ken

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 14:54:11 »

Okay, cool.
Constanza I've never met you but you realy are a nice person.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: