Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power 5 years is up  (Read 22034 times)
Outletred

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 19:49:58 »

It’s now 5 years to the day since Powers had full control of the club.

League position 03/12/13- 7th league One

League position- 03/12/18- 12th league Two

Really doesn’t make good reading does it
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 19:53:21 »

Do we really need another thread for this?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 19:54:29 »

To be fair, I do need to see the chart again.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 20:09:29 »

out of interest, what percentage of teams fans in the championship > League 2 do you think are happy with their current owner?

I'd take a guess at around 40% of teams.

locally you have Bristol city fans seemingly unhappy with their manager and owner, Bristol rovers with the fake sheiks and I'm sure there is unrest at Oxford as well I imagine with their league positions.

fans demand success. but success can only come to a handful of teams each season.

we should be doing a a hell of a lot better. but would a new owner transform us? (based on previous owners I'm not so sure) and then who would want us.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 20:11:19 »

It’s now 5 years to the day since Powers had full control of the club.

League position 03/12/13- 7th league One

League position- 03/12/18- 12th league Two

Really doesn’t make good reading does it

Probably better to revisit this at the end of the season. We all know we finished 13/14 season 8th in L1. We could well end up in the play-offs and finish this season with a promotion back to L1. In that sense you could say we've stabilised under LP.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 20:13:20 »

I think we can confirm we have not moved forward as a club - nothing, yet, has substantially changed off the field.  the finances seem under control, but are only one season away from careless plunder, nothing structurally has happened to prevent that.  The Training Ground Asset maybe, and if something happens on the Ground then yes.  So on that basis, you can only judge on the on field position, and that's clearly much worse.  Even accounting for the stricter control on finance, you'd have to say we are below where we would expect to be in comparison with other clubs and budgets.

He was the one asking to be judged.  He has mentioned he found things to be worse than he had anticipated, but even if we were to give another year before making judgement, it seems unlikely much will have changed to show improvement overall - possible I guess.

FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 20:19:01 »

out of interest, what percentage of teams fans in the championship > League 2 do you think are happy with their current owner?

I'd take a guess at around 40% of teams.

locally you have Bristol city fans seemingly unhappy with their manager and owner, Bristol rovers with the fake sheiks and I'm sure there is unrest at Oxford as well I imagine with their league positions.

fans demand success. but success can only come to a handful of teams each season.

we should be doing a a hell of a lot better. but would a new owner transform us? (based on previous owners I'm not so sure) and then who would want us.

Out of interest why are City fans unhappy with Lansdown?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 20:31:38 »

They probably aren't, but I suppose some might think as he's English football's 14th most minted club owner, that's whereabouts they should be.  Tyey probably think the £118 mill he's invested to get them into the Championship is insufficient.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 20:59:54 »

it would go unnoticed from the outside, they resent him not backing them in january twice when promotion to the premier league was a possibility. like last season.

then they sold £18m of players and recruitment hasnt replaced them sufficiently.

also what they call "jobs for the boys" and that johnson junior is unsackable despite going on 18 match winless runs every season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 21:02:14 »

ideas above their station then
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 21:17:12 »

ideas above their station then

from the outside yes but to them obviously not. which was point that very few teams seem to have fans that are really happy with the ownership and direction of their club.

Im sure a lot of teams below us would think the same of us etc.

The only way fans can really be happy with their club is by fan ownership and even then the purse strings are tied without a big benefactor.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 21:53:59 »

I don't necessarily like Power but I imagine he thought he could achieve more in that time (ie, the loan player model taking us up, completing the training ground). He didn't, and to his credit he admitted on the phone in the other week he made mistakes (Williams). This is just the newest stick to beat the guy with though, fans were slagging him off after 1 year when we were fighting promotion in League One so he was never going to win really was he.

Better get used to it I guess. He's not going anywhere for a while even if his end game strategy is pretty clear. Hopefully Wellens can prove to be a master stroke and at least take us back to L1.
REDBUCK

« Reply #12 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 22:00:09 »

The only way fans can really be happy with their club is by fan ownership and even then the purse strings are tied without a big benefactor.

i'm not sure you can even be sure of that, i would imagine it wouldn't take long for some of ours, those not running things, to moan at the direction taken if we didn't get to auto promotions in a row following a fan takeover.

REDBUCK

« Reply #13 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 22:13:07 »

And as for Bristol City, there is a group of Oldies who seem to be unhappy with the whole Bristol Sport Corporate Marketing thing, they feel the Rugby is starting to get priority over the footy and aren't happy with the ground share. It's becoming too corporate for the hard core and they'd like Lansdown to sell up and take his Son and the Manager with him.

The moan that Lansdown doesn't know how to pick a manager, is not spending enough when it counts and should stop making the club sustainable and go for broke. Also, they say the football is too sideways and backwards and the team is set up not to lose.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 23:54:26 »

Have they got song sheets yet? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: