Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Woking FC Official Match day thread.  (Read 41696 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #135 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 12:56:20 »

Wellens may have over-rotated to get a look at more players. I'm sure we'll be back to Twine, Adebayo, Keshi up top on Saturday, and Dunne, Doughty and Alzate in the middle. Sid back in too.

I'd rather we won, but don't really care if we get a result Saturday and Wellens got another 90 mins to learn from this bunch of players.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 12:59:30 »

It's a bit like those International qualification games where you meet a team intent on just sitting in.  Do you change the formation knowing you'll have all the ball but risk upsetting the long term benefits of having a settled approach? or do you treat them with less respect (as they deserve) and just go for it?  Teams get caught between the two regularly.

Given our recent issues have, in my opinion, been caused by constant chopping and changing of formations/style/set-up, then I can see why a Manager would, given recent improvement, decide to keep the formation as is.  Changing it may win that game but put us in a worse position against an opposition more likely to challenge us.  Keeping it the same risked us not taking the full initiative and being caught with our pants down at some point, which seems to be how it played out.

Cups are a bit odd, usually.  Probably due to that fact and that a lower level team can exert all their effort into the one game with just cause.  It's what makes it fun to watch, when it's not you on the wrong end.  Fortunately the FA Cup is not on iFollow, so it is like it never happened for me!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 13:00:01 »

Oh, and for balance, I think Wellens made the right choice - keep the same formation, freshen some of the legs and focus on our Promotion challenge.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 3, 2018, 13:01:37 by RobertT » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 13:55:18 »

Excellent long highlights on the Woking site.

From this, it looked like a decent, hotly-contested cup-tie and we were a little unlucky not to see one of our efforts go in. Dunne seemed to be in the thick of things. Not as bad as the comments led me to believe.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 14:02:09 »

We were much better than Woking.

We were also masters of our own demise.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 14:09:42 »

Excellent long highlights on the Woking site.

From this, it looked like a decent, hotly-contested cup-tie and we were a little unlucky not to see one of our efforts go in. Dunne seemed to be in the thick of things. Not as bad as the comments led me to believe.

We just seem to lack a bit of guile, get the ball in very interesting positions, but its always fairly obvious when its going to end up, playing two young forwards against a non-league back 9 was never going to be easy.

Generally watching the highlights there were more positives than negatives and at least they appeared to be trying!

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 14:16:34 »

There were some positives. It's never as black as white as "we lost - everything is shit".

Dunne did well, which considering the shit he's been through is very promising. Iandolo worked his balls off and IMO, we seemed to lose something when he went off. I thought McCourt played well too, and again we got worse after he was subbed.

Taylor's 10 minute cameo was embarrassing however. Anderson also offered very little when he came on
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 14:26:51 »

Any sign of Woolery or Tooms coming back any time soon?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 15:10:38 »

Toumani said at Tuesday nights game that he was out until January...
adje

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 15:17:02 »

So what people are saying generally is that people are foolish to be badly pissed off at losing at home to a below average non league team.....again.
Sorry but I feel humiliated angry and embarrassed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 15:19:48 »

Oh, and for balance, I think Wellens made the right choice - keep the same formation, freshen some of the legs and focus on our Promotion challenge.

Woking reckon fielding a weakened side gave them extra motivation....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46430030

He probably didn't realise that we don't have a regular strong side as such.... and leaving out our best player Matty Taylor, becasue of his age is fair enough for the busy period ahead.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 15:33:32 »

So what people are saying generally is that people are foolish to be badly pissed off at losing at home to a below average non league team.....again.

Thank you.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 15:36:40 »

Quote from: adje
no that's the right feeling.

It's shit, but we've failed to get the ball in the net so often this season it's not a massive surprise.

got to look for some positives that we will be ok should fluke finding a half decent striker come January
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 15:45:11 »

My general opinion is...

Yeah, be annoyed. I was annoyed and I had an hour drive home. But.. some perspective please, you bunch of drama queens! Smiley

Honestly some of the reaction is way OTT. I saw one dude on Twatter just now who literally the other day was like "Great football, what a night" after Stevenage and has now posted "IM NEVER GOING AGAIN SHOWER OF SHIT".

My teenage nieces have more stable emotions FFS.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #149 on: Monday, December 3, 2018, 16:12:27 »

My general opinion is...

Yeah, be annoyed. I was annoyed and I had an hour drive home. But.. some perspective please, you bunch of drama queens! Smiley

Honestly some of the reaction is way OTT. I saw one dude on twitter just now who literally the other day was like "Great football, what a night" after Stevenage and has now posted "IM NEVER GOING AGAIN SHOWER OF SHIT".

My teenage nieces have more stable emotions FFS.
Genuine question though buddy. What perspective is there to be taken. We are at our lowest position that the majority of our fan base can ever remember and getting beaten by non league teams at home after something like 1 win at home in 7 games. It is fucking woeful
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: