Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage official match day thread  (Read 57457 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:07:59 »

I still have no idea, but I'd settle for a point and overall improvement. I'm not expecting much in terms of goals considering we have next to zero strikers available. Would like to see some creativity, though.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:27:29 »

I'm another who objectively knows I should take a point and a solid performance but is actually hoping for a win.

2-1 ..... somehow.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:31:33 »

When was the last time we won back to back games? I think it could be a big boost psychologically for the team (that will quickly be ruined when we get beat by Woking on Sunday..)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:34:41 »

Not going to be easy,  especially with zero up front.    But,  keep the faith, a penalty and an own goal for a 2-0 win.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:40:49 »

Ha ha, Trails used to be so positive, he's been ground down like a lot of us Smiley

I must be missing one, but first glance suggests the last league back to back wind were end of January (Crewe home, Stevenage away). have I missed one?

q. when was the time we won in the league at home?
A. August 18th
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:44:51 »

... and from then on he was forever known as Trails.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:47:21 »

oh FFS.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:56:30 »

Optimist hopes for a sneaked win, however as I have not seen us play and base my opinion of the team on what is posted on here we are going to lose 27-0.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 10:58:39 »

Stevenage sit in 8th place and 7 points better off than Town with their last 5 league games being DWWLW.

They have won 9 games and lost 6 times in their 19 games so far scoring 24 and conceding 22 goals.

In their 9 away games so far they have won 3 drawn 2 and lost 4 scoring 10 goals and conceding 13 gaining 11 points.

Their form in all games in the last 12 games though have not been so impressive with W 3-2 v MKD, L 4-0 v Bury, L 1-0 Plymouth, L 4-0 AFC Wimbledon, W 3-2 Oldham, W 2-0 Cheltenham, D 0-0 Port Vale, L Crewe 1-0, L Newport 2-1, L 8-0 Charlton, W 3-1 Col U, L Exeter 1-0.

So in all competitions last 12 games has been LWLLLDWWLLLW scoring 13 goals and conceding 22.

Their leading scorer is ben Kennedy on 4 goals with 4 more players Guthrie, Newton, Revell and Seddon all on 3 goals apeice.

They have several ex Town faces in their squad this season with Michael Timlin, Scott Cuthbert, Alex Revell and John Goddard (out on loan at Bromley) all there.

In 10 games vs Stevenage Swindon have won 6 drew 1 and lost 3 times scoring 18 and conceding 12.

At the CG vs Stevenage we have only lost once in the famous FA cup defeat in 98 when Grazioli scored the winner for them. Swindon have won every league game played between the sides at the CG winning 3-2, 1-0 and 3-0 in the previous 3 games.

I genuinely don't know how this will pan out at all today, back to back wins would be a massive boost for Wellens and the team but Stevenage are full of older pro's who will be no push over at all.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring a crowd of 5,774 with 67 Stevos there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:03:12 »

I must be missing one, but first glance suggests the last league back to back wind were end of January (Crewe home, Stevenage away). have I missed one?

A. August 18th

Yes, around that time we were starting to look at an outside shot at auto, but were undone by the mid week fixtures at Accy and Wycombe, and as we know fell out the PO's slots when Flitcroft bailed.

This season at the CG we've yet to score first in Div 4.... hence the historic games without a win sequence.  The challenge for Wellens is to turn that around... if he can do it tonight, that would be very impressive.  However, a point would be acceptable, as it would help towards keeping the buffer to the drop zone. 

Defeat wouldn't be the end of the world, given the depleted squad and opposition on the back of an excellent win on Sat.

Numb at Bury, and Notts host Carlisle. Neither easy we've comfortably lost to both this season.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:03:39 »

Ha ha, Trails used to be so positive, he's been ground down like a lot of us Smiley

A. August 18th

I think it's down to getting older to be honest mate! I get angry at young people now too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:11:02 »

welcome to my world. I'm a long way ahead of you in years. There is a pleasure to be found in being grumpy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:15:13 »

Quote from: horlock07
Optimist hopes for a sneaked win, however as I have not seen us play and base my opinion of the team on what is posted on here we are going to lose 27-0.

Ha, if only football worked like that we'd be millionaires.

I put those stats as I didn't realise statistically how shit we've been. I mean I knew it was shit, but not that shit.

you can't argue with facts. they just aren't going to absolutely dictate future performance.

anyway, last back to back win was achieved v Stevenage. it's a sign
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:15:29 »

welcome to my world. I'm a long way ahead of you in years. There is a pleasure to be found in being grumpy.

I'm enjoying it. Almost a master at tutting now.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 11:17:56 »

It's a well trodden path  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: