Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 51086 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:04:45 »

Whats Nicky Ajose up to these days?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:04:57 »

We're very actively looking for a striker in January.

Macauley Bonne would be my shout, but maybe a bit too optimistic.

If we do acquire a new striker, it will be someone surplus to requirements or another loan kid, or Hunt may have dusted down the boots.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:16:48 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
I would like to think that Hunt ( and Power) has a good knowledge of the Irish league and a few gems over there that could be worth taking a punt on in January.

nothing wrong with a punt.

But I'll reserve my view of whether January is the right time to take a punt until I know which way the team are headed.

But we all know proven strikers in January don't grow on trees. They're deciferous.
Panda Paws

« Reply #288 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:24:19 »

All I know is it's top of Ben Chorley's to do list, and he's watching a lot of games at the moment, primarily looking for a ST.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #289 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:24:25 »

Whats Nicky Ajose up to these days?
He has started 8 games for them scoring 2 and getting 4 assists so far this season for Charlton.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #290 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:29:15 »

All I know is it's top of Ben Chorley's to do list, and he's watching a lot of games at the moment, primarily looking for a ST.
I think its pretty obvious to everyone that has seen us regularly that we need a striker and a LB/LWB/LW too.

Otherwise we are probably about there for personel.

I have a feeling McGlashan if hes not started could be a leaver in the squad for any new signing if we are floating close to the FFP limits.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:40:55 »

nothing wrong with a punt.

Used to be the Irish currency....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:41:56 »

I have a feeling McGlashan if hes not started could be a leaver in the squad for any new signing if we are floating close to the FFP limits.

Surely Smith and/or another midfielder would be gone. Maybe even Dave as a big wage earner. McGlashen has been poor, but he's our only winger.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:44:27 »

I think its pretty obvious to everyone that has seen us regularly that we need a striker and a LB/LWB/LW too.

Otherwise we are probably about there for personel.

How the hell can we be near FFP limits, if many are to be believed we are paying players much less than other clubs plus we have not spent a penny - again apparently, it just doesn't add up....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:49:20 »

because they're all boycotting ain't they, so our revenue is well  down. silly.
Flashheart

« Reply #295 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 10:51:03 »

How the hell can we be near FFP limits, if many are to be believed we are paying players much less than other clubs plus we have not spent a penny - again apparently, it just doesn't add up....

Everybody knows we have the lowest budget in the league. We might at least be able to compete in non-league next season, though. #reg #changcrapgreg
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:04:42 »

Surely Smith and/or another midfielder would be gone. Maybe even Dave as a big wage earner. McGlashen has been poor, but he's our only winger.

The normal Power strategy for Jan is more or less one out, one in. last season saw Brophy, Goddard, Vigs and H Smith leave to be replaced by Moore, Mayo, Banks and Richards.  Of course it helps if someone wants to take a player off your hands if you want to get one in.... or you just return a loanee and get in another one.  I'd imagine theere's a fair chance that Nelson, Woolfenden and Bayo might go back
Peter Venkman

« Reply #297 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:10:33 »

Nelson is only here till January but Bayo and Woolf are here for the season, I hope we gets Nelson in for the rest of the season.

The only one who may return is Bayo and Power has already said he tried to sign him full time earlier in the season, if he continues to play as he did for the first 80 mins on Saturday then its a no brainer, but if we get him he could play as he did vs Carlisle last week making it a no goer.

I doubt Woolf will go back as hes been pretty integral to the side in recent weeks.

Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:12:52 »

I like Nelson, but I can see him going out to be replaced by an older head. Wellens keeps saying he wants more experience and has mentioned a lack of experience in defence specifically.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, November 26, 2018, 11:16:29 »

because they're all boycotting ain't they, so our revenue is well  down. silly.

Are they? I am aware of  a number who made a song and dance about boycotting but are going anyway, are gates actually down on last yea?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: