Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Swindon Town v Carlisle United Matchday Thread  (Read 53475 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #255 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 15:50:20 »

This is tantamount to heresy on here PV....
Of that I am aware!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 16:43:32 »

Oh, and don't think that Anderson, Alzate & Doughty can all play in the same team.
Two of them would be pushing it.

Pick the one who can do the sideways stuff the best and can also pick out the non existent runner with the slide rule pass, doesn't meander aimlessly across the pitch with the ball or get bogged down trying to beat three or four of the opposition on his own.
My money is on Doughty, our best player, but through no fault of his own is becoming a bit of a sick note.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
REDBUCK

« Reply #257 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 17:08:20 »

Based on current form Dunne should start.
Probably in place of Dave, although the mini knees up mother brown routine every time he brings the ball under control is quite entertaining.

I agree about Dunne, on Saturday his industry allowed Taylor a bit more time to stroke they ball about and also allowed the link up down our right. When he went off, it all went to pot as Smith seemed to take ages to get into the game.

As for the first goal i'd say it was Conroy who was way out of position for a left sided defender in a back three. He allowed the forward to turn and play the ball into the large gap he'd left. Iandolo not having much pace lost a foot race. 

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 17:08:54 »

Attendance was around 5865 with 280 ish from Carlisle.  I looked it up after the game.

Where did you find this, can't find this listed anywhere.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 17:42:33 »

I agree about Dunne, on Saturday his industry allowed Taylor a bit more time to stroke they ball about and also allowed the link up down our right. When he went off, it all went to pot as Smith seemed to take ages to get into the game.

As for the first goal i'd say it was Conroy who was way out of position for a left sided defender in a back three. He allowed the forward to turn and play the ball into the large gap he'd left. Iandolo not having much pace lost a foot race. 

Dunne has probably been one of, if not, our best and most consistent player this season

Things get better but they never get good
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 17:48:26 »

I agree with every word of this, so thanks for saving me the typing time.

I've not been on the forum for ages, but wondered what was being said after Saturday's shower. Grim times for sure...
Great synopsis Rob & I agree with the bulk of it. I still think Vigs is a better long term solution in goals but until an experienced CB is brought in to partner Nelson I would stick with LMC for the experience & assurance that he would bring to the defence. If we can land an old head in Jan I would revert back to Vigs. Would also go with Conroy over Woolfenden as I don't think there is much between them & I'd rather go with one of our own given the choice.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, November 19, 2018, 19:02:49 »

Dunne has probably been one of, if not, our best and most consistent player this season
Our best midfield looks to be Dunne, Doughty, Dia  We had it at at Crawley and were 2-0 up and in control and then had 2 of them sent off, and I'm not sure they've played together before or since.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 10:46:38 »

Just to give a bit more context to Saturday, and how serious the shit we're now in is, it was Audrey who posted this about the problems at Carlisle pre-season....

‘Carlisle are holding open trials this weekend in a desperate attempt to put a squad together for the season ahead.

Ex pros looking to get back into the game and young Sunday league players are what the club are looking for but anyone can turn up and try their luck as long as you don’t mind a salary of £400 a week.

So if you still have dreams of being a footballer, get yourself down there on Saturday morning. Bring boots (studs and moldies), shin pads and a packed lunch.’
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:03:16 »

Disappointed while watching BBC Points West and they spoke about the game saying Wellens had the worst start of any manager in Swindons history.

All 3 presenters subsiquently laughing at our predicament, not very professional TBH, especially the blonde bint who knows nothing about football other than the Bristol Shitheads speaking into her earpiece probably influencing her laughter outburst, it was frankly pathetic.

16 mins 40 secs in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bs1z83/points-west-evening-news-19112018
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:09:29 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:44:18 »

Blimey a tadge over sensitive, don't you think?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:44:41 »

As bad as our predicament is, we have not (as yet) gone bust in our history and have least won one major trophy more than they have.

I come from a land down-under
REDBUCK

« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:46:43 »

Just to give a bit more context to Saturday, and how serious the shit we're now in is, it was Audrey who posted this about the problems at Carlisle pre-season....

‘Carlisle are holding open trials this weekend in a desperate attempt to put a squad together for the season ahead.

Ex pros looking to get back into the game and young Sunday league players are what the club are looking for but anyone can turn up and try their luck as long as you don’t mind a salary of £400 a week.

So if you still have dreams of being a footballer, get yourself down there on Saturday morning. Bring boots (studs and moldies), shin pads and a packed lunch.’

So any evidence that that was what actually happened and how many Sunday Leagues players they signed and were in the team that beat us Saturday.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:53:20 »

Of course they didn’t, 6 signings in the summer who are all players released from pro clubs.

They have a sizeable squad of 30 players

There are plenty of genuine reasons to knock our club at the moment but the lengths some people go to are tiresome
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 11:58:52 »

Disappointed while watching BBC Points West and they spoke about the game saying Wellens had the worst start of any manager in Swindons history.

All 3 presenters subsiquently laughing at our predicament, not very professional TBH, especially the blonde bint who knows nothing about football other than the Bristol Shitheads speaking into her earpiece probably influencing her laughter outburst, it was frankly pathetic.

16 mins 40 secs in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bs1z83/points-west-evening-news-19112018

If we don't want to be laughed at we need to stop giving people reason to laugh at us.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 12:02:08 »

We'd be dishing it out if it was anyone else. Who cares?

I know my team is shit. We've been shit pretty much my whole life!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: