Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Swindon Town v Carlisle United Matchday Thread  (Read 53433 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:00:00 »

What’s our heaviest ever home defeat at this level?

Last season's 0-5 v Luton..... who were at least quite good.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:01:42 »

similar game in many respects,  looked good first half v Luton.

but yeah, Carlisle aren't Luton
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:18:40 »

Looked OK for first 30 or so minutes but never in any danger of scoring then just fell apart completely. And embarrassingly. At least Wellens should now realise the scale of the task he has on his hands. Pleased he brought Twine on up front rather than Richards, may as well at least have a look at the young lad. But a bit puzzled why he waited until we were 4-0 down to switch to 4 at the back. And even more baffled to then hear him on the radio on the way home say we don't have genuine wing backs - so why play 3-5-2 at all in that case? In terms of the "why didn't he play x instead of y", will cut him some slack on that as he basically just went with the team that won last week, doesn't know the players so got to start somewhere I guess, hopefully he'll have learned a lot more about them today and will again next week to start making the changes that need making.

On a much more serious note, might be putting two and two together but Dunne being subbed off due to bad family news and sprinting down the tunnel, hasn't his missus recently had a baby? Thoughts with him and his family, from all of us I would hope.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:20:41 »

I thought McGlashan did OK today, although Knoyle might have done better. There was a lot of promise from the overlaps with him and Wolfie.

And then it all just turned to shite.
Wow. McGlashan was dreadful. Comfortably the worst player on the field, followed by Adebayo who offered nothing. Nelson looked like one of the few who cared. & most importantly l hope Dunne's little one is ok. Far more important than any game of football.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:21:34 »

Alzate was shit too
Smith wasn't great
Sir red ken

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:36:05 »

Alzate was shit too
Smith wasn't great
I was informed that the players weren't happy with the appointment of doesn't Wellend. Looks like that's true.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:40:24 »

I was informed that the players weren't happy with the appointment of doesn't Wellend. Looks like that's true.

They should have done better under Brown then

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:45:31 »

that rumour has done the rounds today.

and that Richards stropped off home before the York game because he wasn't in the squad.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:48:00 »

that rumour has done the rounds today.

and that Richards stropped off home before the York game because he wasn't in the squad.

Richards was definitely at the York game, was sat in directors box.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:50:15 »

well, that puts that one to bed then Smiley
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:57:08 »

Glad to be of assistance.  Cheesy
woolster

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 20:02:31 »

Looked OK for first 30 or so minutes but never in any danger of scoring then just fell apart completely. And embarrassingly. At least Wellens should now realise the scale of the task he has on his hands. Pleased he brought Twine on up front rather than Richards, may as well at least have a look at the young lad. But a bit puzzled why he waited until we were 4-0 down to switch to 4 at the back. And even more baffled to then hear him on the radio on the way home say we don't have genuine wing backs - so why play 3-5-2 at all in that case? In terms of the "why didn't he play x instead of y", will cut him some slack on that as he basically just went with the team that won last week, doesn't know the players so got to start somewhere I guess, hopefully he'll have learned a lot more about them today and will again next week to start making the changes that need making.

On a much more serious note, might be putting two and two together but Dunne being subbed off due to bad family news and sprinting down the tunnel, hasn't his missus recently had a baby? Thoughts with him and his family, from all of us I would hope.
was told at half time that Dunne's Mrs was in labour
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 20:03:02 »

Forget who's in charge the squad is not up to it. I'll go Reg and suggest we're fighting to stay up. Be back for the Newport game
Flashheart

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 20:05:27 »

was told at half time that Dunne's Mrs was in labour

I doubt it, she already gave birth a week or two ago.
woolster

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 20:09:29 »

did they give out the att, was plenty of empty seats in the DRS, especially when the fourth went in Suicide
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: