Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official Swindon Town v Carlisle United Matchday Thread  (Read 53447 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 16:59:04 »

Let me start by saying Red Ken is clearly just a cunt.

Now, moving on, that was terrible and I will say it was Wellens' fault, which doesn't seem to be in the in vogue response.  That formation didn't work and the two at wing back exposed us - both the 2nd and 3rd goals are on McGlashan being beaten/struggling with the ball being played into the full back position.  First one he lost the player completely who headed it back, the 2nd he got himself in a panic and ends up handballing.  Iandolo was just as bad at defending, got luckier though as they didn't really try to expose him as much.

Taylor, for all his nice touches is not a midfielder, played way too deep and did nothing to provide cover.  Put some decent balls in at times, but he can't play there.

Adebayo cannot play central, I think today showed why Brown kept moving him out wide left and Anderson doesn't have a position in a team that I can figure out.  So we had nothing upfront to hold possession or create question marks in their defence.

In my mind, we have some talent in the team, we have more than a handful of players, but I cannot put a team down on paper that looks like it would work without having some serious weaknesses.  Wellens tried something today and it had more problems than positives, so I do blame him.  Especially not changing it earlier.  Their second goal was the wake-up call - exposed the weakness at wing back and the issue with playing Taylor at central midfield in front of three central defenders.  The ball into our box was easy to defend, the knock down should not have found a free player 18 yards out.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:00:50 by RobertT » Logged
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:03:27 »

Now, moving on, that was terrible and I will say it was Wellens' fault, which doesn't seem to be in the in vogue response.  That formation didn't work and the two at wing back exposed us - both the 2nd and 3rd goals are on McGlashan being beaten/struggling with the ball being played into the full back position.  First one he lost the player completely who headed it back, the 2nd he got himself in a panic and ends up handballing.  Iandolo was just as bad at defending, got luckier though as they didn't really try to expose him as much.

Taylor, for all his nice touches is not a midfielder, played way too deep and did nothing to provide cover.  Put some decent balls in at times, but he can't play there.

Adebayo cannot play central, I think today showed why Brown kept moving him out wide left and Anderson doesn't have a position in a team that I can figure out.  So we had nothing upfront to hold possession or create question marks in their defence.

In my mind, we have some talent in the team, we have more than a handful of players, but I cannot put a team down on paper that looks like it would work without having some serious weaknesses.  Wellens tried something today and it had more problems than positives, so I do blame him.  Especially not changing it earlier.  Their second goal was the wake-up call - exposed the weakness at wing back and the issue with playing Taylor at central midfield in front of three central defenders.  The ball into our box was easy to defend, the knock down should not have found a free player 18 yards out.

This assessment is spot on.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:04:20 »

Give him more time Fuck that, he's lost the dressingroom within 4 days. Wellens out. 4-0 defeat at home in your first game if we carry on like that then in 6 matches you will all want him gone.

I think people would be more inclined to see your point of view if it was based on fact. There is no way you can prove he's lost the dressing room and it's incredibly unlikely after 4 days.

No one is happy about the result but you're not doing yourself any favours by spouting off rubbish that can't in any way, shape or form by justified.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:04:29 »

I haven't seen a players in adebayo for months. which is worrying because I didn't see a player in Richards and cried out for adebayo to replace him.

Wellens has seen it all from this match. it's the next few weeks we need to see him right it.
Sir red ken

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:04:53 »

I know SRK and I can confirm he's a massive cunt!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:05:49 »

Not read back as watched that shit till 4 nil then bailed.
Started brighter with a few crosses but no-one in the box, thought they were lucky to get the first.
WTF was said in the dressing room at half time clearly failed for us. Inept piss poor defending
Absolute bollox.

Don't normally agree with the doomsayers on here but non league could well beckon
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:07:37 »

It probably doesn't help your mental health to have to pay to watch that shit.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:12:31 »

This shit storm belongs to Brown. It’s his unbalanced recruitment that has caused this mess.

It’s difficult to make a coherent team out of this squad.
woolster

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:13:43 »

I think Brown has destroyed the teams confidence, left when the fourth went in, worrying times
Sir red ken

« Reply #159 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:14:49 »

Just a thought but if only season ticket holders turned up at our next home game, would LP get the message and fork off, taking Bellends and his non-league assistant with him? Yes I know we wouldn't have a club anymore but this is a death by 1000 cuts.LP must deliberately appoint the worst manager he can find as the plan is non league footy. If we beat the drop this year it will be because the 2 teams currently in the drop spot loose every game to the end of the season.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:15:12 »

Clap
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:15:26 »

Predictable demise with a novice manager taking over a largely inexperienced and weak team. Wellens offered nothing in his post match interview other than fear! He’d previously said he might need some help from an older head. Phil Brown’s available.....
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:16:25 »

This shit storm belongs to Brown. It’s his unbalanced recruitment that has caused this mess.

It’s difficult to make a coherent team out of this squad.
Seems the best we can hope for now is 6 weeks of heavy snow and frost, as many postponements as possible,  get to the transfer window and start again - literally.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:19:02 »

Agree with a couple of the posts that Brown has left us with an unbalanced squad, but we wouldn’t have been beaten 4-0 against an average Carlisle side if Brown was still in charge today. That’s not to say that I think a change wasn’t necessary, but it is to say that the new manager had tried to make some interesting changes during just 2 days of training - it was bound not to end well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:19:26 »

This result could end up being a positive one.

It laid bare the inadequacies in the squad far more than an unconvincing 1-0 would have. I used to have the opinion the players were good enough but not set up properly.

Now, I can see more than a few just aren’t up to the task.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: