Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alarms  (Read 4644 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 13:31:29 »

But as Tony Martin found out - not in this country !.

Not strictly correct, Martins problem was the premeditation element and also he went beyond reasonable self defence.

We had a course a few years back with an ex copper on something similar and this came up during the dinnertime informal chat, the crux of the matter is reasonable force and if using a weapon make sure its something that would be reasonably found in the room where the incident happens, so for instance if its the bedroom scissors for instance would be reasonable (you might be wrapping a present or whatever), but no one for any normal and reasonable reason has a kitchen knife in the bedroom so again you are getting into premeditation territory.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 15:12:47 »

I'm a pretty big bloke and I'd probably just let them go. Partly because I'd be bricking it, and partly because it's the wisest thing to do. You don't know who they might be. They could be proper hard cunts and tooled up even if they are smaller than you.

If it really comes to it though, I'd just do what I have to do. Whatever that may be at the time.

Perfectly understandable and sensible approach where you are.
Always a risk that any intruders could be a bit handy in Krabi-Krabong.

Was a bit blase in terms of being broken into.
Until it actually happened, but nobody home at the time.
Attitude has changed now.
People should be encouraged to defend their homes and do whatever it takes to repel unwanted visitors if possible.
Invading someone's home is just another form of bullying and shouldn't be tolerated. These people are not human beings, regardless of the extenuating circumstances that they come up with when caught.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 15:12:56 »

This is starting to sound like Cluedo!

"Mrs Horlock, In the bedroom, with a pair of scissors"

Are you an agent for Waddingtons? Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
china red

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 20:10:39 »

Ended up going for some products from ring, not the cheapest but look pretty good
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: