Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alarms  (Read 4645 times)
china red

« on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 18:44:13 »

Quite a lot of houses being broken into around here, looking for an alarm and have no idea. I know we won’t be getting an adt alarm as £30 a month for monitoring is ridiculous

Any suggestions?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 19:06:20 »

We got a basic tiiwii kit from amazon for about £50. It’s not very high tech - it just makes a very VERY loud noise when it’s set off - good enough for a bit of peace of mind

Things get better but they never get good
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 19:19:52 »

We got a basic tiiwii kit from amazon for about £50. It’s not very high tech - it just makes a very VERY loud noise when it’s set off - good enough for a bit of peace of mind

+1

Even better if they chucked a couple of bear traps in as well.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 16, 2018, 19:21:44 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
woolster

« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 19:45:27 »

I purchased a Reponse wireless one from Argos about 8 years ago and its still spot on. paid about £200 back then, but it has all door/window sensors, motion sensors,easy to setup, it phones my mobile if tripped and can also be controlled by a mobile, i imagine the modern ones would be even better, would deffo get another one
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 20:48:26 »

Quite a lot of houses being broken into around here, looking for an alarm and have no idea. I know we won’t be getting an adt alarm as £30 a month for monitoring is ridiculous

Any suggestions?
Not sure if this is still relevant,  but we got broken into whilst we slept quite a few years ago,  can't remember if we were already with Norwich Union or made the switch because of the offer, but they offered us a 5  year fixed price policy which included a free alarm system, windows/doors etc. Which we still have and use today.   Might be worth asking around,  but remember the policy was pretty much the same price  as other companies at the time, alarm was certainly a bonus.  Good luck.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 21:01:54 »

Get a cctv system instead. Alarm does jack shit if someone breaks in apart from upset the neighbours.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
china red

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 21:08:29 »

There’s almost too much choice
woolster

« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 21:52:48 »

Get a cctv system instead. Alarm does jack shit if someone breaks in apart from upset the neighbours.
CCTV does fuck all when the pricks are wearing hoodies, alarms work if your in the house
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 21:57:26 »

Throwing this out there then. If you found someone in your house unwanted, what would you do?

Me, I would beat the shit out of them. Wouldn’t hesitate one bit. A man has the right to protect his property.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 22:18:21 »

Throwing this out there then. If you found someone in your house unwanted, what would you do?

Me, I would beat the shit out of them. Wouldn’t hesitate one bit. A man has the right to protect his property.
Agree 100%.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 22:20:51 »

But as Tony Martin found out - not in this country !.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 12:29:54 »

You couldn't beat up your kids you fucking wetwipe 
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 12:53:27 »

Girl Giggle

How's your Network?

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 12:55:58 »

Absolutely faultless, cheers.
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, November 22, 2018, 13:04:53 »

I'm a pretty big bloke and I'd probably just let them go. Partly because I'd be bricking it, and partly because it's the wisest thing to do. You don't know who they might be. They could be proper hard cunts and tooled up even if they are smaller than you.

If it really comes to it though, I'd just do what I have to do. Whatever that may be at the time.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: