Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle Sat  (Read 4363 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:02:44 »

A new era! A win and we switch places.

Swindon (17th)- 4 clean sheets this season- 6 games since a home win.

Carlisle (11th) - 3 clean sheets this season. seem quite typically league 2 hit and miss- lost to macclesfield, drew to lincoln, beat Newport in last 3 games.

Im assuming Wellens still won't have the best 11 available (toumani, doughty, woolery for me) but if you have ambitions for promotion then you have to start winning these games.

Seems like they have fans like us..."Time the Happy clappers sent a message to Mr 17.1 million Jenkins either get your hand in your pocket and fund the club or we might just follow your lead and lose our chequebooks when it comes round to season ticket renewal time"

"Can't see how he's doing such a great job to be honest. Its been the most dismal stuff I can remember and most of the signings have been poor.

If Sheridan's the answer what's the question? Nobody's going to flock down to BP to watch this dross. Crowd will be down to 3000 come the new year."

2-0 town. A win and a clean sheet. unbelievable!
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:06:19 »

Looking forward to this.

Hoping for a new manager bounce and 3 points. I won't be too harsh on the new gaffer if we don't win, but I am expecting to see an invigorised team and plenty of passing, attacking intent.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:22:21 »

Personally not expecting much of a new manager bounce. If its going to work out I think its going to be  evolution not revolution..

But as you say, its certainly going to be interesting to see what he does in terms of personnel, formation and speed of attack (passing).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:40:29 »

I believe Sheridan is Wellens hero...... he was always the one Oldham turned to when needing to stay up, as in 16/17.  That season they experimented with trying to play some football, ended up marooned, and Sheridan kept them up by playing ugly.

I'd imagine Carlisle won't be a whole lot different.... Wellens hopefully learned last season that in relegation battle, you have to foresake principles for pragmatism.  You could see that Brown got this, by the formation and personnel at Meadow Lane.

Wellens will probably get a couple of games "honeymoon" but as said previously he's got about a dozen games before Power can get some loan kids in Jan.... and will need an improvement on his last dozen which yielded 1 win

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:45:48 »

Yeah, but the pitch is shiny, so he should be OK tomorrow.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:24:59 »

I might amble along
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:31:57 »

Seeing as Wellens has only had a couple of days to work with the players I doubt there'll be any huge overhaul in the way we play. I think the best we can hope for is for the players to go out a little galvanised by the fact there's a new gaffer to impress.

Sounds like Carlisle have been as bad as us so a winnable tie.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:34:37 »

Seems the sort of game where a headless chicken Dunne will throw himself into a red card.

Ditto Sid ‘mad fucker’ Nelson.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 13:59:08 »

I'd imagine Carlisle won't be a whole lot different.... Wellens hopefully learned last season that in relegation a battle, you have to foresake principles for pragmatism.  You could see that Brown got this, by the formation and personnel at Meadow Lane.

Wellens will probably get a couple of games "honeymoon" but as said previously he's got about a dozen games before Power can get some loan kids in Jan.... and will need an improvement on his last dozen which yielded 1 win

We're not in a relegation battle Reg.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 14:02:22 »

Seems the sort of game where a headless chicken Dunne will throw himself into a red card.

Ditto Sid ‘mad fucker’ Nelson.

Sid seems to be relatively calm in the field. He was very reserved when Timi Elsnik squared up to him and pushed him away. I love Nelson, quickly growing into my player of the season based on what I have seen. He is always the first to go over and applaud the fans in the stands every game which gets bonus points for me.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 14:10:48 »

Dunne has been excellent the last few game, I hope he's learned his lesson.

ust be the oldest
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 15:05:13 »

We're not in a relegation battle Reg.

Extrapolate our last 10 games until the end of the season we get 47 points.... enough to stay up by one, last year. Of course a lot depends on what the likes of Macc, Notts and Numb are doing, as it might make it a bit easier, but Rovers went with 51, so no guarantees.

Power, gets this which is why he sacked Brown.... hoping to get a bounce from Wellens. We'll see on that, again there are no guarantees. He'll still be stuck with the same players for a chunk of the season yet.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 15:10:06 »

Power, gets this which is why he sacked Brown.... hoping to get a bounce from Wellens. We'll see on that, again there are no guarantees. He'll still be stuck with the same players for a chunk of the season yet.

You're better than that Reg, you're contradicting yourself now. You only said a few posts back to effect '...Brown gets this, which is why he changed tactics....and it worked.' So if it worked and that is the way we were going to play then why would Power change manager to one who likes to play football? Especially if we're going to as you say, have to play ugly in this "Relegation battle". Can't be both Reg.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Flashheart

« Reply #13 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 15:12:37 »

You're better than that Reg,

No, he isn't.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 15:12:46 »

For reference in saying Brown understood we had to play ugly to win.

...You could see that Brown got this, by the formation and personnel at Meadow Lane.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: