Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle Sat  (Read 4310 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 15:13:45 »

No, he isn't.

I do apologise for my error  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 15:23:08 »

You're better than that Reg, you're contradicting yourself now. You only said a few posts back to effect '...Brown gets this, which is why he changed tactics....and it worked.' So if it worked and that is the way we were going to play then why would Power change manager to one who likes to play football? Especially if we're going to as you say, have to play ugly in this "Relegation battle". Can't be both Reg.

Brown changed for the Notts game and got the important win, not unreasonably stuck with it for ColU, and nearly nicked a point.

As regards what Power thinks, it probably doesn't stretch much further than his wallet... he can say all he likes about Luke being a mistake.... but it was his mistake and a fairly basic one at that.  He could read posts on here in autumn 2016, saying we're in trouble and the manager needs to change.

brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 16:23:58 »

As regards what Power thinks, it probably doesn't stretch much further than his wallet... he can say all he likes about Luke being a mistake.... but it was his mistake and a fairly basic one at that.  He could read posts on here in autumn 2016, saying we're in trouble and the manager needs to change.

[/quote]He accepts that he made a mistake with Williams. Williams wasn’t keen on the job but Power persuaded him to take it, probably why he took a long time to take the decision to sack him. Brown on the other hand persuaded Power to give him a chance with his own players and when it went tits up he was more decisive.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 16:36:49 »

He accepts that he made a mistake with Williams. Williams wasn’t keen on the job but Power persuaded him to take it, probably why he took a long time to take the decision to sack him. Brown on the other hand persuaded Power to give him a chance with his own players and when it went tits up he was more decisive.

I would say the opposite.... had Power acted quickly, Luke could have gone back to some sort of coaching within the club

He did have some sympathy amongst the fans, which was then lost by hanging about when clearly out of his depth, harming the club..... I used to argue if he had any personal dignity he should walk. Being able to hold your head up, more important than a few quid.  This was a not a view held by many others who felt he was right to hang on and take his wage, even though it was obvious we were for the drop.

I'm still unconvinced that sticking Hunt in as assistant makes much sense.... but we'll see on that one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: