Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World's scariest stadia  (Read 10589 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 15:32:05 »

Aren't you also the same twat that claimed he played against Aden Flint as a youth player?

Aden Flint is 29, which would obviously make you about the same age, give or take a year.....If you went to Hillsbrough in 1990 as a 5 year old that would make you 33. I smell bullshit. Or are you claiming that you were 4 years older than Flint when you played against him?

You're full of shit. Who knows why, but you are.

I know my own fucking life mate. Played against Flint when I was in u18s (heaven forbid I make a marginal error), shock horror it was the equivalent of a young men's reserve side with several players over 18. Also wasn't uncommon for U16s players to be given a chance in the U18. Pinxton U18 v Ripley U18. I don't need to explain my life to you.

Smell as much bullshit you like.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:12:38 »

I know my own fucking life mate. Played against Flint when I was in u18s (heaven forbid I make a marginal error), shock horror it was the equivalent of a young men's reserve side with several players over 18. Also wasn't uncommon for U16s players to be given a chance in the U18. Pinxton U18 v Ripley U18. I don't need to explain my life to you.

would that have been on the pitch behind the miners club in Pinxton ?,  daughter used to live just opposite,  spent  many happy hours in that clubhouse.   If that was the pitch it was bloody cold at times when that wind blew across the top of that hill.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:33:32 »

would that have been on the pitch behind the miners club in Pinxton ?,  daughter used to live just opposite,  spent  many happy hours in that clubhouse.   If that was the pitch it was bloody cold at times when that wind blew across the top of that hill.

Not 100% played on many North Notts/North Derbyshire pitches across the area (council pitches/schools/miners welfares etc). Teams didn't always play at the same locations either. Remember playing up at Buxton in mid Feb once. Cold was an understatement. Facilities...non existent.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:14:03 »

Ok, it could be possible...... Flint was at Pinxton from 2007 to 2008, which would just about fit in with him playing for the U18s. So you must have been, what, 21, 22 at the time?

Were you commuting from the Scilly Isles to play matches at the time? As a reminder, you were working there from 2003 to 2010..
http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=55849.msg1335413#msg1335413
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:16:26 »

scillyred

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:25:32 »

Ok, it could be possible...... Flint was at Pinxton from 2007 to 2008, which would just about fit in with him playing for the U18s. So you must have been, what, 21, 22 at the time?

Were you commuting from the Scilly Isles to play matches at the time? As a reminder, you were working there from 2003 to 2010..

Pedant Alert - it's Isles of Scilly or Scilly - thought you would have known that given the depth of your research  Wink
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:32:36 »

My apologies......I actually realised as I posted but was too lazy to edit it. Sorry.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:48:51 »

Flint actually played for Pinxton prior to 2007-08 but don't let that get in the way of his wikipedia stats. We know they are the most accurate stats going.

It's Isles of Scilly, I'll have you know. Also you clearly don't understand the majority of employment there (especially on the off islands) is seasonal. Seeing as most amatuer leagues don't start until later in the year/end early and you know, I could've come back earlier and played for a side/spoken to coaches who I still had contact with. Didn't realise I had to be contractually tied to play for an amatuer u18 side?

You just won't let it drop will you! Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: