Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World's scariest stadia  (Read 10584 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 22:22:27 »

Wouldn't coin it as World's scariest but was up there with the countries disgusting environment of late 80s stadia. The Baseball Ground. I bit of useless chicken wire fence separated you from the home fans. Consider I only went to Derby v Town matches there. They'd still spit at you and throw bottles of piss through/over. The dirty bastards. Would not have wanted to be in amongst that lot v Forest. I'm sure some nutters would've relished it though. Takes a certain breed.

It was much like being at a metal gig, except no one minds a bit of flying piss at a gig and everyone is supporting the same side!

Glad to see Derby have largely moved on and are largely a family orientated club. Pride Park is a decent enough stadium. I was there when it was opened...by Her Majesty The Queen (how the fuck they got her I'll never know).
You've got some very early memories haven't you? The Baseball Ground in the late 80s........the other day you were saying that you remember going to Sheffield Wednesday in 1990, aged 5.

I bet you were involved in a bit of aggro at The Den in the 70s as well.......
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 22:26:24 »

Ha, I went there when that home end was an open terrace. The away end was sectioned off, so you couldn't walk from one end of the terrace to the other. Not good when some smelly git is dropping his guts.
The Flash insists he's never been there.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 22:33:50 »

Bloody scary walking down the lane at the back of the away end at the old pox ground,  especially when the bastards were hurling bricks over the top and you had nowhere to go.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 16, 2018, 23:58:40 »

You've got some very early memories haven't you? The Baseball Ground in the late 80s........the other day you were saying that you remember going to Sheffield Wednesday in 1990, aged 5.

I bet you were involved in a bit of aggro at The Den in the 70s as well.......

Well fuck me it's Magnum PI. Is your life really that fucking sad! I didn't say I went to watch the Town at the Baseball Ground in the late 80s, I said late 80s stadia (as was much of the style of grounds even into the mid 90s. Only Hillsborough changed that but it still took time). If you knew your fucking onions you'd know we never played against Derby in the league in the 80s so it would've been impossible. I went in 1992, we lost 2-1. Suck on that lollipop Ironside.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 07:51:37 »

Well fuck me it's Magnum PI. Is your life really that fucking sad! I didn't say I went to watch the Town at the Baseball Ground in the late 80s, I said late 80s stadia (as was much of the style of grounds even into the mid 90s. Only Hillsborough changed that but it still took time). If you knew your fucking onions you'd know we never played against Derby in the league in the 80s so it would've been impossible. I went in 1992, we lost 2-1. Suck on that lollipop Ironside.
You're full of  shit. I was at the game in 92 and  don't recall any of the crap you claim to have witnessed.

I'm not the sad fucker making stuff up about himself on a football fan forum.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 09:25:56 »

Wasn’t that the game where there were very few tickets for Town fans - were they redoing part of the stadium?

I went up during the week before and got tickets for the home end. Got a few comments but overall it was OK.

IIRC it was last game of the season where we had a very slim chance of the POs and they were either already guaranteed or we’re going for an auto place.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 09:56:04 »

Wasn’t that the game where there were very few tickets for Town fans - were they redoing part of the stadium?

I went up during the week before and got tickets for the home end. Got a few comments but overall it was OK.

IIRC it was last game of the season where we had a very slim chance of the POs and they were either already guaranteed or we’re going for an auto place.

Yep, that's the one.
They finished 3rd. Pitch invasion at the end, all good natured.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 09:56:25 »

There certainly weren't many tickets available for Town fans. I couldn't get any but, because I lived in the Midlands at the time and was not going to miss the game as we still had a slight chance of getting in the play-offs, I went in with the Derby fans.......stood on one of the sides, not far from where the Town fans were. There was no trouble that I recall. I'm not even sure there was any "chicken wire" fence because clubs had taken down all fencing not long before because of Hillsbrough. Segregation, as I remember it, was performed by a line of police.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:43:39 »

There certainly weren't many tickets available for Town fans. I couldn't get any but, because I lived in the Midlands at the time and was not going to miss the game as we still had a slight chance of getting in the play-offs, I went in with the Derby fans.......stood on one of the sides, not far from where the Town fans were. There was no trouble that I recall. I'm not even sure there was any "chicken wire" fence because clubs had taken down all fencing not long before because of Hillsbrough. Segregation, as I remember it, was performed by a line of police.

They'd taken down the fencing facing towards the pitch, but between the terraces there was still some up to segregate.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:51:23 »

You're full of  shit. I was at the game in 92 and  don't recall any of the crap you claim to have witnessed.

I'm not the sad fucker making stuff up about himself on a football fan forum.

I'm only saying what I saw at the time! Why the fuck would I make up a random fucking fixture against a team where I lived for a large chunk of my childhood? I went to the match with my Dad and one of my uncles. You can't fucking tell me that I didn't.

You ran your mouth accusing me of going to the Baseball Ground in the 80s because you were quick to jump to conclusions, when I was mentioning the state of most English stadia still around that time (and into the mid 90s). If you're going to give a smart remark, expect a smart response.

That fact you think I'm making shit up speak volumes about yourself.  Smug Fuck Off

'Incessant Nonsense'

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 14:12:21 »

They'd taken down the fencing facing towards the pitch, but between the terraces there was still some up to segregate.
This was the game. There wasn't.
http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19920146
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 14:29:03 »

I'm only saying what I saw at the time! Why the fuck would I make up a random fucking fixture against a team where I lived for a large chunk of my childhood? I went to the match with my Dad and one of my uncles. You can't fucking tell me that I didn't.

You ran your mouth accusing me of going to the Baseball Ground in the 80s because you were quick to jump to conclusions, when I was mentioning the state of most English stadia still around that time (and into the mid 90s). If you're going to give a smart remark, expect a smart response.

That fact you think I'm making shit up speak volumes about yourself.  Smug Fuck Off
You claim you went to Hillsbrough in 1990 as a 5 year old. I think I've seen you claim you went to games in the Macari era, in the late 80s. You claim you were at Derby in 92 and witnessed events that never happened. Aren't you also the same twat that claimed he played against Aden Flint as a youth player?

Aden Flint is 29, which would obviously make you about the same age, give or take a year.....If you went to Hillsbrough in 1990 as a 5 year old that would make you 33. I smell bullshit. Or are you claiming that you were 4 years older than Flint when you played against him?

As for me claiming you went to the Baseball Ground in the late 80s, I never did any such thing. You were the one going on about stadia in the late 80s and that you went there to watch Town games. The reasonable conclusion to make is that you were implying you went to matches at the time. Why mention "late 80s" if you really meant one match in 1992? The truth is you've been called up on your bullshit and tried to bullshit your way out of it.

You're full of shit. Who knows why, but you are.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 14:34:22 »

Maybe bamboo is a time traveller?
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 15:01:28 »

That footage is actually inconclusive. In fact if you look closely there is some 7ft fencing on the terrace. Not on about fence in front of stands.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 15:01:49 »

Maybe bamboo is a time traveller?

The plot thickens

'Incessant Nonsense'

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: