Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 120126 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:08:29 »

Another concern for me is Hunt.... this stinks of Power. Do Wellens and Hunt have any links or is this just Power using the fact Wellens will be grateful to have a job, and so lumbering him with Hunt for Waterford business.
That and his statement that Reading was his favourite club
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:14:47 »

I needed something to entice me back to the County Ground after bailing out after the first three home games this season under Brown.
I haven't got it.
Time will tell.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:16:40 »

That and his statement that Reading was his favourite club

I don't care if he eats a pocket of hobnobs a day due to his Reading love.... but do care if Wellens and Hunt have been brought together by Power playing Cilla Black on Blind Date.... it's our FL future at stake here.  I'd rather not have to sample the delights of the away travel that enchanted Oxford fans for those years.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:17:13 »

Quote from: Reg Smeeton
 Another concern for me is Hunt.... this stinks of Power. Do Wellens and Hunt have any links or is this just Power using the fact Wellens will be grateful to have a job, and so lumbering him with Hunt for Waterford business.

that point was brought up in the emergency podcast too.

was talking to another TEF'r about it. we've been linked with a few Irish youngsters recently in the press. Do you think Hunt is here to deal with that side having done it himself years ago?

(no the youngsters weren't at Waterford)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:26:30 »

was talking to another TEF'r about it. we've been linked with a few Irish youngsters recently in the press. Do you think Hunt is here to deal with that side having done it himself years ago?

I've no idea which is why I'm asking... if Power has just chucked these 2 together, then it's a very bad sign, and orange hats should be readied for a winter of discontent.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:30:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:37:22 »

if they've been chucked together there must be a strategy at play.

still reckon that's likely to be The Swindon Way PT 2. But with work permit elidgable foreign young uns.

But hey, back to your point, they could be besties for all we know.

I'm sure* Power will explain it all..

* not sure
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:38:10 »

I've no idea which is why I'm asking... if Power has just chucked these 2 together, then it's a very bad sign, and orange hats should be readied for a winter of discontent.
Surely Wellens would have been consulted and approved!  I believe this appointment has been a few weeks in the making and Power was just waiting for the right time to strike.  Personally having endured that defeat at Exeter where body language of the players and especially Brown foretold of problems ahead I think Power started casting his net after that.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:38:49 »

Sir D(red) Ken. Another fucking troll on this site.

If they're a genuine Town fan they want a damn good slapping.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:40:42 »

I don't post here much but read the forum every day. Will give the new manager a chance, know nothing of him really. Just hope the majority do the same - will be nice to watch some good football if his style of play is what i've read. Just hope we actually start shooting...
phelpsieboy

« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:42:27 »

Wellens has a link to Power via Paul Jewell, who was Wellens initial assistant at Oldham. Paul's stint at Oldham didn't last long, but he is a close friend of Power's and may have seen something in Richie at Oldham to pass on a suggestion....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:43:41 »

Apparently, Waterford have been accused of hoovering up all the young talent in Ireland. As an aside, Hunt is younger than Richards and is still registered to play!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:52:30 »

Wellens has a link to Power via Paul Jewell, who was Wellens initial assistant at Oldham. Paul's stint at Oldham didn't last long, but he is a close friend of Power's and may have seen something in Richie at Oldham to pass on a suggestion....

Still doesn't explain Hunt... Jewell's kid was scout or something for a while, may still be for all I know coincided with recruitment turning to shit, so that bit of nepotism didn't turn out so good.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #432 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 16:58:57 »

Still doesn't explain Hunt... Jewell's kid was scout or something for a while, may still be for all I know coincided with recruitment turning to shit, so that bit of nepotism didn't turn out so good.

Think the only link is that Waterford is Hunt's home town club.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 17:00:50 »

I read it as possibly having the next manager in place should it not work out with RW.
Or paving the way for a conveyor belt of Irish talent coming this way.  Smiley

Hopefully the choice will be explained in due course.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 17:02:01 »

a response to that article on the Oldham forum:

A very generous piece.  

I think he’ll struggle or be nothing more than ok.  He won’t get anywhere near the Money Abdallah threw at it for the first few months, and the ‘exciting football’ literally lasted for six games. His constant whingeing and excuses began to grate very quickly. Did he have issues to deal with- yes. But what lower league manager doesn’t? As a comparison- I’ve not heard Bunn mention once that his number two has been sacked, despite the fact it must be killing him- It’s called professionalism. Ritchie struggled with that.  

Swindon have a got a manager who flatters to deceive IMO. Will blame ANYTHING he can for a defeat, or loss of form. He will demand Swindon ‘some him their ambition’ by signing players they can’t afford because he can’t get a tune out of what’s there or more likely who he’s already signed.  

As singe says- look at his first quote on signing. . .  

Enough said.  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: