Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 120649 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:59:08 »

It's not voicing concern though is it, that Facebook group is literally one step away from foaming at the mouth with that twat Christian Kostiuk as their little ring leader. Everything they post is Power out this and Power out that and if you ask them what the alternative is you get called a happy clapper.
and if you voice a concern you get compared to someone foaming at the mouth on Facebook. Are you saying that because i do not have a name of someone who i would rather run the club i should just put up with it? I didn't mention that group at all
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:03:10 »

It's not voicing concern though is it, that Facebook group is literally one step away from foaming at the mouth with that twat Christian Kostiuk as their little ring leader. Everything they post is Power out this and Power out that and if you ask them what the alternative is you get called a happy clapper.
Power out would be a great result ONLY IF we had another sponsor ready to step in and bank roll the club.
In the meantime fair play to Power, he's trying every option he can and still gets earache.   Must be losing a fortune season by season,  Surely he's got to get it right sooner or later.
Just hope it's this time.  COYR COYR

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:10:09 »

I posted something the other day on that group, pointing out that who is power actually going to sell to, and are they are interested in buying the club because as we know a sale has to have 2 parties involved. I also said just stating power out is basically pointless. It was that fellow you mentiones who replied with the following in depth statement:

'zzzzzzz'

Now, this is ignorance at its best, and experience says you cant reason with ignorance, its like playing chess with a pigeon, A pigeon doesn't know how to play chess, it will just knock the pieces over and strut around, so trying to reason with the ignorance its pointless, hence why I just didn't bother with a reply. It is my opinion that people on the group of the same opinion as him are fucktards.
Flashheart

« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:16:06 »

By all means protest his running of the club, there's plenty to be unhappy about. Nobody has to like it and people are free to say so.

If they actually want him removed, though, then there HAS to be an alternative.
Sir red ken

« Reply #379 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:20:04 »

I've never been so disappointed with a managers appointment in my life, he may turn out OK but my gut tells me he's going to be about the same as PB. What a sad place my club has become, gates of sub 4000 and falling, that's why there's no money and it will continue to be so. Can't get over what a shit start to the week this is, by the time Bellends has worked out what the squads like we're going to be down in the brown stuff. Can't dress this up any better, our leader just keeps getting the management appointment wrong. Or perhaps that's the design. The sun may be shinning outside but its not in my STFC heart and there's only so many times someone can piss down my back,tell me its raining and I believe them.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #380 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:20:22 »

By all means protest his running of the club, there's plenty to be unhappy about. Nobody has to like it and people are free to say so.

Have we ever had an alternative before they announced they are selling? I want him to leave because the last 5 years have been the worse in my time supporting the club. I want us to have some one better running the club. Protests etc are what lead to the alternative persons coming forward
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:27:05 »

Fact. We were pretty dire under PB. With no sign of improvement

Fact Lowest ever position since 2 centuries have passed

Fact Power has acted fast, no dilly dallying to try to rectify our form.

Fact new guy hasn't even taken a training session.

Lets wait and see if he's any good before people pop veins. Power might have said give me 10 games to show you are the right guy.

I'm just looking forward to hopefully seeing some tactical nous, and natural ability complement the effort, we know the players can give.

The 3 facts are sound enough. The OS tells us a contract until 2020..... so taking that at face value no trial period.

Wellens had a decent caretaker spell at Oldham, it turned to shit when he got a full time contract.

What's tactical nous? For example, it seems to me if the pitch turns to shit, tactical nous dictates you play a different style, more suited to conditions rather than blunder on with an ill fitting style.   Wellens says this is his style.... yes OK, he doesn't even know the players.

I've always been minded with something Pulis said about going into a new club struggling.... you look at the players and think, what can they do? Where are their strengths and weaknesses, then  build from that.  By implication what you don't do is say this is how I want you to play.... if the players cannot. It's back to Luke, naivity, try and play like Barca, with players more suited to Barnet.

Applying your tactical nous, and all fans think they have some..... what would you do with our current crop assuming they'e all fit?

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:28:08 »

Have we ever had an alternative before they announced they are selling? I want him to leave because the last 5 years have been the worse in my time supporting the club. I want us to have some one better running the club. Protests etc are what lead to the alternative persons coming forward
The alternative last time was fucking Jed. We got lucky with Fitton as before that it was Ricky Hunt, Donegan, Brady, Jim Little and his Best mob. We haven't got much history of attracting the type of owners people want!
Flashheart

« Reply #383 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:28:18 »

Have we ever had an alternative before they announced they are selling?

Not quite. There were protests to try and kick Diamandis et al out, and we did have buyers waiting in the wings at the time (Fitton et al). The selling process was already going on then though, albeit being stalled by a certain fat greek cunt that was trying to cash in.

I suppose that protests might encourage Power to sell up, but to whom? People need to be careful of what they wish for because it really could be so, so much worse and if he's pushed before he's ready then he might just be willing to sell up to the first taker.

I've seen some on that FB group, though, say that nobody could be worse than Power. That's just plain idiotic.
Flashheart

« Reply #384 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:37:39 »

Any protest would need to be along the lines of: Get the fuck out of our club now, but please be nice and make sure you are selling up to the right person when doing so.

As if! There's a Monty Python sketch in there somewhere.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #385 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:37:52 »

Exactly.

One typical post from FB today...

Feel really sorry for Phil Brown , shit on from a great height !! Power is the problem , god help our great club . Power is killing the club . Really can’t see us recovering from this shit for many years . Power piss off we don’t want a fat slug like you at our proud club

There is NO alternative at the moment, none, nothing, no one, no fairy godfather, no multi millionaire with money to burn, no offers, no viable alternative and until there is we have Power in charge.

I am 100% certain that if anyone came in with a bid that covered the cost of his investment (plus maybe a little on top) then he would sell up straight away.

Some of the idiots on FB say "well no one will buy the club until he puts it up for offer" I think thats utter bullshit.

If someone is interested they will make an offer no matter if the club is "up for sale" or not, also he would hardly say "come make me an offer, I am desperate to rid myself of this millstone around my neck" as thats inviting derisory offers in stating he wants rid of the club, which I am sure he probably does as long as he covers his investment plus a little extra, which I think is very reasonable.

Many many of our fans have to realise that we are no longer a large/medium size club, we are a slightly larger than small club now which is why we are where we are in the league we are now in, we have only been to the top division once for a single season (legally) in our 139 years.

Its pretty clear that nobody wants to buy us, we are no great pull, no catch, but Power is getting us to a point that we are sustainable and with zero debts which will put us into a better position for when he does eventually sell us, much more appealing to a potential buyer if we are debt free and (joint) owning our own ground too will add to the saleability.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:40:54 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:38:05 »

I've seen some on that FB group, though, say that nobody could be worse than Power. That's just plain idiotic.

Power is just not very good at being the owner of a small club.... he reckoned his being an ex player, agent, director at Cambridge/Rushden etc gave him an edge... and for a bit his links to Tactics were helpful. The reality now is something different.

His natural parsimony, is useful however, in that we're seemingly not excessively debt laden, but it does mean our historic rung in the pecking order needs to be adjusted in keeping with the level of investment.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:45:08 »

Exactly.

One typical post from FB today...

There is NO alternative at the moment, none, nothing, no one, no fairy godfather, no multi millionaire with money to burn, no offers, no viable alternative and until there is we have Power in charge.

I am 100% certain that if anyone came in with a bid that covered the cost of his investment (plus maybe a little on top) then he would sell up straight away.

Some of the idiots on FB say "well no one will buy the club until he puts it up for offer" I think thats utter bullshit.

If someone is interested they will make an offer no matter if the club is "up for sale" or not, also he would hardly say "come make me an offer, I am desperate to rid myself of this millstone around my neck" as thats inviting derisory offers in stating he wants rid of the club, which I am sure he probably does as long as he covers his investment plus a little extra, which I think is very reasonable.

Many many of our fans have to realise that we are no longer a large/medium size club, we are a slightly larger than small club now which is why we are where we are in the league we are now in, we have only been to the top division once for a single season (legally) in our 139 years.

Its pretty clear that nobody wants to buy us, we are no great pull, no catch, but Power is getting us to a point that we are sustainable and with zero debts which will put us into a better position for when he does eventually sell us, much more appealing to a potential buyer if we are debt free and (joint) owning our own ground too will add to the saleability.
This.

To be honest I hold the previous owners more responsible than Power, it's 20+ years of doing absolutely nothing to improve the club that has left us where we are.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:49:27 »

Any protest would need to be along the lines of: Get the fuck out of our club now, but please be nice and make sure you are selling up to the right person when doing so.

As if! There's a Monty Python sketch in there somewhere.

I don't think the heart is there any longer for protests..... most of those who still go are a bit long in the tooth, so it's more a case of Shrug stop going, and perhaps watch on a stream, or the Conference next season might not be so bad, some new grounds and decent coverage on BT Sport.
Panda Paws

« Reply #389 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 12:53:43 »

I've never been so disappointed with a managers appointment in my life, he may turn out OK but my gut tells me he's going to be about the same as PB. What a sad place my club has become, gates of sub 4000 and falling, that's why there's no money and it will continue to be so. Can't get over what a shit start to the week this is, by the time Bellends has worked out what the squads like we're going to be down in the brown stuff. Can't dress this up any better, our leader just keeps getting the management appointment wrong. Or perhaps that's the design. The sun may be shinning outside but its not in my STFC heart and there's only so many times someone can piss down my back,tell me its raining and I believe them.

Last time we had a sub 4k league attendance?

Also "Bellends"? Are you for real?

Can I suggest you do us all a favour and vote with your feet?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: