Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 120135 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 10:52:00 »

Everyone has their own opinions but he's there and we've gotta get on with it regardless of how people feel.

Absolutely right. It is what it is. When I'm in the ground its to support.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 10:53:08 »

I make no apologies for at this time thinking Richie Wellens is a crap replacement for Brown.
Don't like it. Tough shit.

Unlike you to join the pitchfork brigade on the basis of very little evidence Batch. I had you down as someone who'd give a new manager a fair chance.

You alright?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 10:55:25 »

Fair comment.  I just asummed the budget isn't there for 2 x established manager salary. We don't know what Brown's contract looked like and don't know if he got much of a pay off I suppose.

Like this I imagine  Wink

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 10:57:05 »

Absolutely right. It is what it is. When I'm in the ground its to support.

You haven't got a clue have you, you have to flounce a bit claim you are never going to attend ever again...

- and then quietly do so and hope no one notices.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 10:57:18 »

It's a great gig for RW. I, like many, think this squad is better than 17th in L2. There's also a decent fanbase (despite the loud minority, but most of those are boycotting for one reason or another) desperate for some attacking football and one that should respond positively to a couple of wins and a bit of attacking threat.

Play high tempo, pressing football. Empower the young attacking players and believe in them, and let's see what happens between now and January.

Sounds so easy doesn't it and sometimes funny things happen.... but mostly they don't. I'd guess you count Keshi and Kaiyne as young attackers. Is believing in them though enough, I'm sure all their gaffers have given instructions about being positive.

Yet both are 23.... Kaiyne has 8 career league goals... Keshi 11.  Don Rogers had around a hundred aged 23.  It's just as likely they'll never get any better at sticking the ball in the net. Which is why you go to the % game.... Brown could see that and so opted for playing that way in recent weeks.

Batch is right on the current situation.
Panda Paws

« Reply #365 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:03:43 »

Sounds so easy doesn't it and sometimes funny things happen.... but mostly they don't. I'd guess you count Keshi and Kaiyne as young attackers. Is believing in them though enough, I'm sure all their gaffers have given instructions about being positive.

Yet both are 23.... Kaiyne has 8 career league goals... Keshi 11.  Don Rogers had around a hundred aged 23.  It's just as likely they'll never get any better at sticking the ball in the net. Which is why you go to the % game.... Brown could see that and so opted for playing that way in recent weeks.

Batch is right on the current situation.

No one's right or wrong on the current situation Reg.

If we start playing more attacking players and be more positive, there's a chance he can turn this around, so let's see what happens.

Under Brown, it was the worst I've seen us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:06:21 »

Quote from: Red Frog
I make no apologies for at this time thinking Richie Wellens is a crap replacement for Brown.
Don't like it. Tough shit.
Unlike you to join the pitchfork brigade on the basis of very little evidence Batch. I had you down as someone who'd give a new manager a fair chance.

You alright?
I'm not happy with the appointment.

I've explicitly said at least give the guy until the end of season to judge him.

the two aren't mutually exclusive.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:07:19 »

You haven't got a clue have you, you have to flounce a bit claim you are never going to attend ever again...

- and then quietly do so and hope no one notices.
quote where I said I'd never go again then.

I said I may miss a few before Christmas, and that I've never felt so low at an appointment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:12:33 »

Quote from: Panda Paws
No one's right or wrong on the current situation Reg.

If we start playing more attacking players and be more positive, there's a chance he can turn this around, so let's see what happens.

Under Brown, it was the worst I've seen us.

I agree with Panda. The reason being that early in the season we did at least look threatening even if we mostly missed.

I have reservations though, and the main point is I don't think it's an overnight fix.

I actually think Richards could still fire in a few with a change of approach.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:26:02 »

Fact. We were pretty dire under PB. With no sign of improvement

Fact Lowest ever position since 2 centuries have passed

Fact Power has acted fast, no dilly dallying to try to rectify our form.

Fact new guy hasn't even taken a training session.

Lets wait and see if he's any good before people pop veins. Power might have said give me 10 games to show you are the right guy.

I'm just looking forward to hopefully seeing some tactical nous, and natural ability complement the effort, we know the players can give.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #370 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:28:48 »

Unfortunately that is the nature of our fan base at present. This won’t be easy for him to begin with but he was a leader as a player and I expect a leader off the field. He will be delighted woth the talent we have in midfield and if he can sort the strikeforce out in January then we could have a sniff of the playoffs still
Nature of the fans? Sick of fans getting the blame for us being total shit at the moment
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:32:36 »

Can you show me an example of the fans being blamed for this?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #372 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:37:24 »

Can you show me an example of the fans being blamed for this?
The one i quoted for start. Ok it is not blaming as such but as soon as fans voice a concern these days they are shouted down and get abuse and classed as the worse there is.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:45:10 »

You alright?
This has been an unusual season on the TEF, in that we have seen seasoned happy clappers become doom and gloom merchants. Flirting with FL status has that impact it seems...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2018, 11:52:21 »

The one i quoted for start. Ok it is not blaming as such but as soon as fans voice a concern these days they are shouted down and get abuse and classed as the worse there is.
It's not voicing concern though is it, that Facebook group is literally one step away from foaming at the mouth with that twat Christian Kostiuk as their little ring leader. Everything they post is Power out this and Power out that and if you ask them what the alternative is you get called a happy clapper.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: