Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 120145 times)
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 17:20:08 »

May as well bring his boots!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 17:32:16 »

I have no doubt Wellens will put the hours in/work hard

I've really no idea.... one of the things which struck me with Flitcroft, was that he was definitely norvern in character, and knew that scene very well.  The Oldham/Bury/Rochdale/Accy/Blackburn/Bolton run, using drop outs from Manc academies, a bit like Wellens in fact.

I did think he might find the cultural change difficult... and that apparently came to pass.  We tend to get our players from more southen/London based clubs, as often they won't want to move due to costs and short term contracts etc.

We'll have to see how norvern Wellens is....but this makes him look a bit suspect  Smiley

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?Tab=Video&MatchID=20040129

Quality McMahon wobbling out on the pitch like Kurtz up the Congo, and nice to see the faithful getting a bit of pitch invading celebrating a point in the north.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 17:37:27 »

looking forward to hearing him talk, id given up with the season with brown- hit and miss every week.

7 points from playoffs, still in 2 cups. every chance this could be turned around and have some fun this season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 17:47:39 »

looking forward to hearing him talk, id given up with the season with brown- hit and miss every week.

7 points from playoffs, still in 2 cups. every chance this could be turned around and have some fun this season.

This is one of the areas where Power falls down... why not have a meet and greet session down the CG for the new gaffer, where he can outline his thoughts and then answer questions.

I remember this happening when McMahon was appointed.... after the questions I thought he was going to smack me one as he got redder and angrier.  I sought him out during the informal drinks session, at the end just to check that I hadn't offended him  Smiley

Iffy once did one also, although he may have subbed for King, so it was all about youth development.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:02:04 »

This is one of the areas where Power falls down... why not have a meet and greet session down the CG for the new gaffer, where he can outline his thoughts and then answer questions.

I remember this happening when McMahon was appointed.... after the questions I thought he was going to smack me one as he got redder and angrier.  I sought him out during the informal drinks session, at the end just to check that I hadn't offended him  Smiley

Iffy once did one also, although he may have subbed for King, so it was all about youth development.

im quite certain that clubs have press conferences where such conversations can happen. dont need an open day mid season
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:22:06 »

Has it been confirmed yet by the club?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:33:24 »

Has it been confirmed yet by the club?
A quick glance of the official site tells us no.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:34:39 »

im quite certain that clubs have press conferences where such conversations can happen. dont need an open day mid season

An open day is a different beast altogether, having one in the pre-season would be an idea though. I recall fondly Mike Spearman and Ray Hardman doing one in about 94.

They wanted the personal touch, so were showing little groups around the CG themselves.... the problem was there were queues off down County Road past Notton's cafe of disgruntled fans.  Smiley

I managed to wheedle my way in without the ground tour,  ready to see Joey Beauchamp be unveiled to the adoring masses, his missus literally shoving out the door... poor bugger.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:35:03 »

We don't need the official site, just tell us how the first training session went will you.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:39:45 »

Well last night i was a bit deflated when i heard it was going to be Wellens, however now i have time to take it in, let's give the bloke a chance. Hopefully he will do well. Bloody hope so !
Flashheart

« Reply #310 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:41:57 »

The more I think about it, the more I think he will do well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 18:42:08 »

We'll still be managerless Swindon Town on tonight's draw then.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 19:30:23 »

Not sure if it has already been posted or not, but I saw this on twitter from an Oldham fan. It certainly looks like their chairman didn't exactly help things last season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5808305/The-story-Oldham-Athletics-financial-troubles-mystifying-transfers-unpaid-wages.html

Sir red ken

« Reply #313 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 19:47:23 »

Not sure if it has already been posted or not, but I saw this on twitter from an Oldham fan. It certainly looks like their chairman didn't exactly help things last season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5808305/The-story-Oldham-Athletics-financial-troubles-mystifying-transfers-unpaid-wages.html

It looks like our chairman didn't help things for us last season,its not looking to good this season either!
There's some serious turd polishing going on with this appointment, but there's still the strong smell of shit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 19:50:27 »

Despite their basket casery, they're still above us in the league... as are Charlton, Blackpool,and Cov who are also reckoned to be badly run.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: