Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 120925 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #225 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:00:40 »

BBC Wiltshire Sport

@BBCWiltsSport
 2m2 minutes ago
More
BREAKING : @bbcwiltssport understands @Official_STFC will appoint Richie Wellens & Noel Hunt astheir new management team.  Phil Brown
& Neil McDonald were sacked yesterday #stfc
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:01:26 »

Appointing Wellens is a bit like opening a present at Xmas and finding out you've got socks, exactly the same socks as you already have, which you hate, and they give you Aids.

My thoughts exactly... But...the socks are off my mum and I have to constantly thank her and be grateful.

Clems Army!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:01:54 »

Lets hope he plays a 2-3-5 in his first game in charge, something a bit retro and different.  It would probably work as well, different seems to do well in football.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:03:07 »

Underwhelming but did we expect anything else...

Apart from Ling its all been a bit shit, I hope enough shit has been thrown at the wall to stick this time.

I will be there Saturday, to witness the next chapter........

Clems Army!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:04:45 »

I love it how fans are saying that Lee Power wants us to get relegated.

I doubt that very much.

Fans wanted a change. They get change, and still moan. In all fairness, who else was there to appoint?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:07:45 »

Shrewsbury have just sacked their manager, it looks like it's that time of year.

I guess we know where Paul Hurst is going then..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:08:32 »

Not exactly an overwhelming appointment but we are currently the 8th worst team in the English leagues so there was unlikely to be a list of football genius managers likely to come here.

I wonder what kind of football RW likes to play. If Power will give him some money to strengthen the squad in January etc?

Too easy to moan and say 'shit manager, shit appointment'. Lets give him a chance and see what he can do. Hopefully he will come in with some new ideas and we can get a few wins at home and get the buzz back at the CG.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:08:56 »

I don’t think Power wants us to get relegated but I don’t think he’d throw any extra resources into a relegation battle to make sure we stayed up.

If the plan was to sack Brown & appoint Wellens I’d rather we’d just spent the Brown pay off money on a striker.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:09:35 »

By all accounts he tries to play an expansive, pressing style of football.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/best-laid-plans-oldham-wellens/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #234 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:11:55 »

Shrewsbury have just sacked their manager, it looks like it's that time of year.

I guess we know where Paul Hurst is going then..
Swindon, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury all sacked in the space of 24 hours. 2 of those teams won and the other drew on Saturday, thats a weird statistic.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #235 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:13:40 »

Too easy to moan and say 'shit manager, shit appointment'. Lets give him a chance and see what he can do.
Fuck off mate, thats not the Swindon way Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:13:51 »

Maybe some insight here into what to expect.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/oldham-athletic-richie-wellens-latics-14835937

He'll probably need to hit the ground running as it doesn't look as if there is going to be much of a 'honeymoon period'.

All managerial appointments have an element of risk regardless of previous records or level of experience.

Good luck to the guy. Yet another brave new world to look forward to on Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:15:21 »

Quote from: Flashheart
There's actually quite a few Oldham fans on the internet speaking out in favour of Wellens.

and also quite a few:

Lost count how many times Wellens played people out of position,  must be a clueless management trait

---
let's hope the positive posts are more right then the negative
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:19:50 »

Can't get over how shit the TEF is about this. We're 18th in the 4th Division and you're already laying the boot into the new man. It's not like we're boxing above our weight is it?

By chance, I heard him on the World Service Sportsworld programme a couple of weeks back and he sounded pretty articulate, said that he'd rebuilt unity in a divided dressing-room, turned things around playing attractive football, then they got injuries and the pitch went to mud in the winter and no-one adapted well. Which seems to be pretty much what the fans said.

Like any new signing, he's got my support until I've got evidence to the contrary. And usually for a bit after that too.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:19:55 »

It will have gone in as favourite because someone put £5 on it. If Richie Welles’s is our new manager I’ll eat my own dick

I look forward to a mod changing your user title any time now...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: