Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 120591 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #195 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:20:56 »

Blimey,that high?I'm amazed
Yeah there really isn't much in it TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:21:02 »

It's all gone a bit weird.  Never was a fan of Brown, hopefully Reg will ping a post were I said otherwise, but I never liked the guy given his background.  It might be wrong to do so, but for me he was wrapped up in the Big Sam School, never a good thing.

No idea what to think if Wellens is the man, seems a very odd one, and the timing would have suggested a plan in place.  Does he own some racehorses or a Training Ground construction company or something.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:22:21 »

Gotta give the fella a chance.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:22:33 »

Is the same Wellens who was dirty cheating fouling cunt who played for Blackpool? I hated that little fucker

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:27:20 »

Quote from: RJack
Is the same Wellens who was dirty cheating fouling cunt who played for Blackpool? I hated that little fucker

yup. the one who Sammy Igoe got sent off, then admitted he'd "stayed down" to the press and got an FA charge!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:31:34 »

Appointing Wellens is a bit like opening a present at Xmas and finding out you've got socks, exactly the same socks as you already have, which you hate, and they give you Aids.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:35:50 »

Glad I haven’t bought my tickets for Saturday yet.

They can fuck off.

If Power’s aim is to get us sustainable in the Conference this appointment makes perfect sense.

I asked earlier, just what criteria does Wellens meet to get our club off its arse?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:36:03 »

Would love to hear from Power (about anything, in fact) on this appointment.

Let’s get behind him as he’s here now and needs our support.

Welcome, Richie and Noel 👍🏻
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:39:51 »

Actually, for a Manager who took a team like Oldham last season, his record isn't that bad.  Seems most stats ignore his caretaker spell where he won 4 and drew 1 game as well.  so, if the stats are right, won 18, drew 17 and lost 13 including cup games.  A lot of those draws and losses seem to be towards the end of the season as well, so hopefully the season finishes before he hits the bad run with us!  His departing message was to agree the time was right but to make mention of the squad gradually failing to cope with the demands - he might need to get with Power quickly to get January sorted if that is the case.  He won't be needing central midfielders though.

He also talked a lot of Power bullet points - style of play, developing young players blah blah.

Assuming it is him, obviously.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:40:34 »

Posts like these are meaningless without the "Just shows how far we've fallen" tagline Swindon fans have adopted in the past few months.

But yes you are right... Although my STFC 'mojo' is waining I still love watching live football. Managed to get a ticket in the away end at the Madejski for £20. 3 goals after 10 minutes, great value for money. Now Browns gone though I'll probably come to the next Town game (after throwing a right old strop post Cambridge) and support the new man.

Yeah, i get your point.  It wasn't meant as a typical "FB Group" type post, #Powerout, where has all the money gone and all that stuff..  I am was already on a downer with the club, have been for a good 3 or 4 years and then I just read through this thread, looking at the some of the posts and the names being touted and just posted my feelings.. 

I used to love following the town, and I miss caring, but seeing names like Wellens etc. being banded about just made me realise the club is unrecognisable from the club I grew up watching and from the days that I would check the adver and TEF before I did anything else in the day.  A new manager would have in the past lead me to having the TEF open all day constantly pressing F5, it couldn't be further from the truth now.. My days of owning a being a season ticket holder and looking forward to every Saturday are long gone.  I am desperate to get my mojo back, but every corner we turn I just feel like I am getting further away from that day.  It really is depressing, for me anyway, I know that is not te case for everyone.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #205 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:45:11 »

Actually, for a Manager who took a team like Oldham last season, his record isn't that bad.  Seems most stats ignore his caretaker spell where he won 4 and drew 1 game as well.  so, if the stats are right, won 18, drew 17 and lost 13 including cup games.  A lot of those draws and losses seem to be towards the end of the season as well, so hopefully the season finishes before he hits the bad run with us!  His departing message was to agree the time was right but to make mention of the squad gradually failing to cope with the demands - he might need to get with Power quickly to get January sorted if that is the case.  He won't be needing central midfielders though.

He also talked a lot of Power bullet points - style of play, developing young players blah blah.

Assuming it is him, obviously.
No Rob, the stats INCLUDE his caretaker role.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:46:23 »

Yep, thought it was odd when looking at it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:47:08 »

So, 14,16,13.

They won 1, drew 1 and lost 7 before he took over it seems.  Something like that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:47:33 »

Not the most inspiring appointment ever but can't be worse than PB.

Out of interest, why are people so annoyed about this? I get it's not glamorous or the person most would have chosen, but it's invoking some seriously strong reactions and I don't get it.

Im guess a 32% win record and a relegation in his only other job?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:48:35 »

Perhaps Power has only given him a 7 day contract.

Just how underwhelmed must the players be if the fans are in prime wrist slashing mode.

It just smacks of zero ambition.

The decline continues.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: