Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 120638 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:44:18 »

you didn't move the Taylor odds then Audrey..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:45:39 »

I want me experimental tenner back
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:53:39 »

I heard Gordon Greer mentioned yesterday, perhaps pie in the sky like most rumours.

Big opportunity for the club to get it right - equal to the risk of getting it wrong.

Will be a bundle of applicants, Swindon remains an attractive club but managers do talk. I just hope due diligence and consultation takes place before a quickfire appease-the-masses appointment.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:54:34 »

Is there a list of potential managers somewhere? I'm just reading names mentioned here and there.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:01:21 »

Is there a list of potential managers somewhere? I'm just reading names mentioned here and there.

You mean a list of out of contract former managers? not seen one.

There is the bookies list, but only Skybet seem to be taking cash right now. VC were, but its gone from their betvictor site now

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/team-specials/swindon/next-permanent-manager
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:02:31 »

You can go to www.thesackrace.com/teams/swindon-town if that helps.

I saw this morning AFC Wimbledon have parted company with Neal Ardley. Despite his failings with them so far this season, he had been there 6 or 7 years (the 7 year itch, I guess). I'd be happy with him here.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:14:01 »

God it's depressing being a town fan, the downward spiral just continues..

And people wonder why fans lose their mojo about a club..

Posts like these are meaningless without the "Just shows how far we've fallen" tagline Swindon fans have adopted in the past few months.

But yes you are right... Although my STFC 'mojo' is waining I still love watching live football. Managed to get a ticket in the away end at the Madejski for £20. 3 goals after 10 minutes, great value for money. Now Browns gone though I'll probably come to the next Town game (after throwing a right old strop post Cambridge) and support the new man.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #157 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:14:25 »

Not really any of the names mentioned actually appeal to me, possibly Bellamy at a push.

I think I would prefer the recently retired top level player, possibly an ex international, all the experienced names mentioned either wouldn't want to come to us or would not inspire me with much confidence, ala Cotterill etc.

I have a feeling the job could be Taylors, if he wants it, he wouldn't be my first choice but who knows, I am not going to write any new manager off before he is even appointed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:14:53 »

Colin Calderwood appears at 10/1. Is he out of work currently?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:16:41 »

Yes, he was assistant to Bruce prior to his sacking at Villa.

He had success as Manager early is his career but has been an assistant most of the time since.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:16:46 »

Yes.  I'm fairly sure that Colin would know it isn't right, and probably doesn't need the money.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:18:58 »

Not really any of the names mentioned actually appeal to me, possibly Bellamy at a push.

I think I would prefer the recently retired top level player, possibly an ex international, all the experienced names mentioned either wouldn't want to come to us or would not inspire me with much confidence, ala Cotterill etc.

I have a feeling the job could be Taylors, if he wants it, he wouldn't be my first choice but who knows, I am not going to write any new manager off before he is even appointed.

Bellamy turned down Oxford, apparently due to concerns over budget, recruitment etc. so unless something has happened he'd be very unlikley here.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:27:09 »

People know Bellamy is very close friends with Power right?   Interpret that how you like but I don't think it should happen, as I've said before, I've met him and he's a good guy really but probably not a good idea while Power is in charge.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:27:43 »

People know Bellamy is very close friends with Power right?

Actually no, no I didn't.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:36:06 »

I think you will find that is NOT the Swindon way PV  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: