Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brown sacked?  (Read 27651 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:13:09 »

I've read somebody say we're fucked because we will go down without a manager. I've a hunch, though, that the intention will be to hire a new one.
Don’t be fucking ridiculous, why on earth would we do that?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:17:40 »

Quote from: suttonred
I agree totally.
That did pass my mind too, both missing for what appeared to be minor injuries, Woolery too maybe?
This would appear to be the case, but if he has anyone lined up I would be surprised, he hasn't seem to work that way so far.

I, like many, thought PB was a decent enough appointment at the time, he talks a good game and is a nicer character than Flitcroft was, at times we played some brilliant football under him, at times it was as bad as under Paul Hart, awful.

The players never seemed comfortable with his tactics, he stuck by under performing players for too long, he picked the wrong starting line up too often and didn't seem to know his best side.

The timing, after a cup win, seems a little weird but the decision has been made, lets see who comes in now.

BTW had a quick read of the FB page......"Power out, hes sacked our best manager in years" a week after "Power out, hes sticking with our worst manager in years" posts by the same person says it all.

He can't do anything right for some fans, everything he does is shit, in their eyes.
I made the mistake of reading some adver comments. After the third one mentioning that power must be going with Wellens because he's top of the bookies odds. I decided to stop reading and look for some strong looped rope on ebay. I really struggle to understand how people are actually so stupid.
hehe, I tried to plant the seed it's a power conspiracy to make the real appointment more palatable earlier.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #77 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:23:27 »

After the Col U game, Brown suddenly changed his tune on whether he needed new players in January. He'd previously said he didn't but suddenly now did. Could this have been significant in Power's decision to sack him? Power feels these players should be good enough, doesn't he. (Many of us may not agree.) There was already awkwardness over the keeper situation, which was seen to be losing Power money in terms of Vig's transfer value, so this may have been a final straw? Whatever the ins and outs of it, any new manager is more likely to be selected in the Williams mould? Ie, be grateful, shut up and get on with it.

The timing could also suggest it could be the other way round, bring in someone else who can assess the squad for a decent amount of time, determine the what players they need and use the January window to do some deals.

Ironically we had better squads when Power interfered with player recruitment.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 13:44:02 »

I've read somebody say we're fucked because we will go down without a manager. I've a hunch, though, that the intention will be to hire a new one.

Hmmm, every time we’ve been relegated we’ve had a manager.
Maybe we’ll go without.
Could make all the difference
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 14:37:05 »

Hmmm, every time we’ve been relegated we’ve had a manager.
Maybe we’ll go without.
Could make all the difference

It's debatable as to whether Luke was a manager....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 15:02:12 »

It's debatable as to whether Luke was a manager....

Clap Indeed. He wasn't from the same mould of either DW or AW for that matter. Nice bloke - not manager material.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 15:11:33 »

I witter not... property plans, seems to me very specific... there are two, Highworth and the CG. 

I could reply but trying to debate with you is like trying to with Theresa May.....
Sir red ken

« Reply #82 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 19:50:40 »

I could reply but trying to debate with you is like trying to with Theresa May.....
Teresa's a very nice lady, she wears french nickers stockings and suspenders. Now you've got that image stuck in your head
Flashheart

« Reply #83 on: Monday, December 24, 2018, 13:09:19 »

Phil's got a new job... as manager of FC Pune City in India.

I wish him nothing but the best.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, December 24, 2018, 13:09:46 »

#bleedorange is their hashtag.
Flashheart

« Reply #85 on: Monday, December 24, 2018, 13:11:06 »

#bleedorange is their hashtag.

Grin
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, December 24, 2018, 14:10:23 »

I'm now convinced, based on absolutely nothing, that Martin Smith will end up at Pune City.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: