Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brown sacked?  (Read 27653 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 09:45:33 »

Wasn't expecting this news at all, especially after the last few results. That said, I think my feelings on the matter are similar to others - probably the right dcision with no hard feelings towards PB.

Like others, the timing suggests to me that Power has a replacement lined up. I'd be disappointed with Taylor but that's not to say it wouldn't work out.

Timing wise, I think Power has noticed that we're in a fight for FL status, and this messes with his property plans.  Why would a non league club want a swish new facility, when something more modest might suffice.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 09:53:59 »

Timing wise, I think Power has noticed that we're in a fight for FL status, and this messes with his property plans.  Why would a non league club want a swish new facility, when something more modest might suffice.

I'd agree with that, but disposing of a manager on a Sunday after a cup win seems a bit odd unless your plan is in place. We'll find out soon enough.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 10:09:54 »

Why would it interfere with his property plans..... I can see no way it would make an ounce of difference....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 10:50:03 »

Why would it interfere with his property plans..... I can see no way it would make an ounce of difference....

So SBC, as guardians of the CG, would be happy to sell the ground to the fella who'd just lost the Town FL status, after about 100 years.  I know SBC make some very strange decisions....
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:00:12 »

After the Col U game, Brown suddenly changed his tune on whether he needed new players in January. He'd previously said he didn't but suddenly now did. Could this have been significant in Power's decision to sack him? Power feels these players should be good enough, doesn't he. (Many of us may not agree.) There was already awkwardness over the keeper situation, which was seen to be losing Power money in terms of Vig's transfer value, so this may have been a final straw? Whatever the ins and outs of it, any new manager is more likely to be selected in the Williams mould? Ie, be grateful, shut up and get on with it.
REDBUCK

« Reply #65 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:02:51 »

It is in the interests of the STFC specific pages really, it is really.

Otherwise why have individual team weblinks, really.

Details made the BBC Web site by 9:00, obviously had to wait until the lower league correspondent got into work.

You're a bit deluded if you think someone is sitting there on Remembrance Sunday afternoon waiting to upload a Swindon Town manager change article.

That's what Twitter is for, for those who can't wait.

Really

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:26:56 »

So SBC, as guardians of the CG, would be happy to sell the ground to the fella who'd just lost the Town FL status, after about 100 years.  I know SBC make some very strange decisions....

But that's not the manner in which you justified your original post which seemed to be wittering on about the training ground?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:36:42 »

But that's not the manner in which you justified your original post which seemed to be wittering on about the training ground?

I witter not... property plans, seems to me very specific... there are two, Highworth and the CG. 
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:49:12 »

That’s a ridiculous extrapolation. The keeper, more than any other player, is so dependent on other players’ performances.

Have you ever seen Vigs make a succession of howlers game after game. That one decision of Flitcroft to banish him was a major reason we didn’t make the POs.

Talking of players, I wonder if Dave andDoughty will make miraculous recoveries in time for Saturday.
Don't think you can blame Brown for playing Mcormick,  at the time he was a much more commanding and confidenf keeper than Vigeroux, Once in place it would have been hard to remove him whilst he was continually keeping clean sheets,  besides that Vigeroux was keeping the bench warm in Chile for half the time McCormick was playing.
Talking of Vigerouxs howlers, how about Saturday ?, surely if he's that good then a keeper of his 'said' calibre would surely have put the ball round the post not parried it straight to an opposing striker ?. In think its pretty obvious we're only playing him now in order to get his price up ready for the transfer window,  but let's not get too excited,  how many bids did we get for him in the last transfer window ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:54:17 »

PB seems a nice genuine guy, and I'm sorry that he couldn't/wouldn't sign a good left back, and a big lump at CF  to hold up the ball and bring others in to play. . Things might have been different. Possibly not though....

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #70 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:55:15 »

On paper I thought Brown was a good appointment.
His inability to even get that usual ‘bounce’ last season was alarming but everyone was willing to cut him some slack.
This season we’ve got worse where as oddly I think our squad is better.
I agree totally.

That’s a ridiculous extrapolation. The keeper, more than any other player, is so dependent on other players’ performances.

Have you ever seen Vigs make a succession of howlers game after game. That one decision of Flitcroft to banish him was a major reason we didn’t make the POs.

Talking of players, I wonder if Dave andDoughty will make miraculous recoveries in time for Saturday.
That did pass my mind too, both missing for what appeared to be minor injuries, Woolery too maybe?

I'd agree with that, but disposing of a manager on a Sunday after a cup win seems a bit odd unless your plan is in place.
This would appear to be the case, but if he has anyone lined up I would be surprised, he hasn't seem to work that way so far.

I, like many, thought PB was a decent enough appointment at the time, he talks a good game and is a nicer character than Flipflop was, at times we played some brilliant football under him, at times it was as bad as under Paul Hart, awful.

The players never seemed comfortable with his tactics, he stuck by under performing players for too long, he picked the wrong starting line up too often and didn't seem to know his best side.

The timing, after a cup win, seems a little weird but the decision has been made, lets see who comes in now.

BTW had a quick read of the FB page......"Power out, hes sacked our best manager in years" a week after "Power out, hes sticking with our worst manager in years" posts by the same person says it all.

He can't do anything right for some fans, everything he does is shit, in their eyes.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:59:40 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 11:59:49 »

Don't think you can blame Brown for playing Mcormick,  at the time he was a much more commanding and confidenf keeper than Vigeroux, Once in place it would have been hard to remove him whilst he was continually keeping clean sheets,  besides that Vigeroux was keeping the bench warm in Chile for half the time McCormick was playing.
Talking of Vigerouxs howlers, how about Saturday ?, surely if he's that good then a keeper of his 'said' calibre would surely have put the ball round the post not parried it straight to an opposing striker ?. In think its pretty obvious we're only playing him now in order to get his price up ready for the transfer window,  but let's not get too excited,  how many bids did we get for him in the last transfer window ?.

Flitcroft binned off Vigs, because he didn't meet his standards of professionalism... it would have been best all round if he could have got a new club, but no takers. Now it is possible that he may have learned something from his Waterford time, but his form is still indifferent.

It's a shame, presumably now he'll be off with Chile so LMc comes back in.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:08:35 »

I agree totally.
That did pass my mind too, both missing for what appeared to be minor injuries, Woolery too maybe?
This would appear to be the case, but if he has anyone lined up I would be surprised, he hasn't seem to work that way so far.

I, like many, thought PB was a decent enough appointment at the time, he talks a good game and is a nicer character than Flitcroft was, at times we played some brilliant football under him, at times it was as bad as under Paul Hart, awful.

The players never seemed comfortable with his tactics, he stuck by under performing players for too long, he picked the wrong starting line up too often and didn't seem to know his best side.

The timing, after a cup win, seems a little weird but the decision has been made, lets see who comes in now.

BTW had a quick read of the FB page......"Power out, hes sacked our best manager in years" a week after "Power out, hes sticking with our worst manager in years" posts by the same person says it all.

He can't do anything right for some fans, everything he does is shit, in their eyes.

I made the mistake of reading some adver comments. After the third one mentioning that power must be going with Wellens because he's top of the bookies odds. I decided to stop reading and look for some strong looped rope on ebay. I really struggle to understand how people are actually so stupid.
Flashheart

« Reply #73 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:10:23 »

I've read somebody say we're fucked because we will go down without a manager. I've a hunch, though, that the intention will be to hire a new one.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, November 12, 2018, 12:12:54 »

Details made the BBC Web site by 9:00, obviously had to wait until the lower league correspondent got into work.

You're a bit deluded if you think someone is sitting there on Remembrance Sunday afternoon waiting to upload a Swindon Town manager change article.

That's what Twitter is for, for those who can't wait.

Really

Really.

We live in a 24hrs world today, not everything is 9-5, really.

We also have remote working and Sky Sports News (one of their major competitors) had it posted yesterday evening. If they can't be arsed to get someone to effectively copy and paste (which is what the report is on their now) from the STFC website, with an added "more details to follow..." line of text, then they may a well give up now.

It's hardly asking them to be innovative. Really.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: