Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brown sacked?  (Read 27650 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 17:58:38 »

Didn't see that coming,  had we lost yesterday then maybe yes, has Power got someone lined up ?, Please not another appointment from within the club.
Not another appointment from within the club? He’s only done it once.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 17:59:58 »

Not another appointment from within the club? He’s only done it once.
Exactly !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:04:28 »

If true then i’m dissapointed. In as much as I had hoped that someone with his experience and the preseason games I saw indicated to me we’d do well this season. Still as others have indicated it does give us time to get someone in and a tranny window to work with (assuming there are the funds to utilise) to turbo boost our flagging season.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:07:23 »

No hard feeling, I liked the guy (without ever having met him).

But good. It had to be done.
Exactly this. I was pleased when Flitcroft went, with Brown it's more a disappointment that it hasn't worked out for him. But it hasn't and it's not showing any signs of getting much better, if anything becoming more and more desperate. Wish him well for the future
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:09:31 »

Exactly this. I was pleased when Flitcroft went, with Brown it's more a disappointment that it hasn't worked out for him. But it hasn't and it's not showing any signs of getting much better, if anything becoming more and more desperate. Wish him well for the future

This.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:10:40 »

Intriguing. Flitters’ departure last season cost us a play off place, hopefully Brown’s departure doesn’t cost us our FL status. Recent signs were positive; a back to basics approach, progression in the cup therefore I am surprised at this.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:20:31 »

Intriguing. Flitters’ departure last season cost us a play off place, hopefully Brown’s departure doesn’t cost us our FL status. Recent signs were positive; a back to basics approach, progression in the cup therefore I am surprised at this.

Firstly, I think we need a bit more in the way of confirmation on this. However, if true then we need to hear about the circumstances, and the response.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:21:49 »

Christ, it's like those episodes of Dr Who where they have 3 old doctors on the screen at the same time
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:48:23 »

I'm also with you on this.

Whilst we would have been unlucky on the balance of play not to win v. York, there was little conviction evident that our superior play was going to succeed.  I felt a lack of leadership and really a team needs 2 or 3 "leaders".  Taylor can only be one leader and his dwindling pace somewhat mutes the overall benefits.

Had Brown managed to secure a striker at the season's start and had Doughty kept fit, I expect we would have been challenging more.  Risky but it would have been reasonable to hope for more from Richards after last season.  We've had runs worse than the present one, tbf, and the players we do have are imo superior to those last season. I feel they could benefit from a good coach and motivator, which roles Hoddle and Gorman together once fulfilled.

Exhortation to keep plugging away and wayward team selection at this stage of the season was looking incrementally short of restoring much needed confidence.  Bad luck Phil but it may be that Power (or pure chance?) has moved at the right time.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:50:36 by RedRag » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:52:59 »

The timing could mean that Power already has his replacement lined up...

It's All Good..............
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 18:54:30 »

Official - https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/november/club-statement-first-team-manager/

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 19:06:21 »

Official now.  Presumably Power has somebody lined up for Saturday's big game, as we definitely need a new manager bounce.

You'd imagine that it will be Taylor... although Sherwood could be a possiblity, if his Villa time is spent... probably wouldn't get a job anywhere else.
Combe Up

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 19:20:31 »

The picture from that link looks to me like someone is pissing all over the name Swindon, and the flag. Question is: who is doing the pissing?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 19:24:11 »

I liked PB, yet if I'm honest it was a heart over head kind of matter personally. Desperately wanted it to work out for him here. My heart said "He can get us up and build something in L1". My head nagged at me saying "It just isn't happening and we could end up in trouble."

I'm likely the TEFs most rambling, rose-tinted kind of outwardly looking person. It isn't a bad thing but I let my heart rule my head in this case. DF it was a different matter and even though he was a dick, the timing of his departure was all wrong because we may well have held the PO spots last season.

I know it says '...relieved of duties.' but if PB has decided to walk, I give him a lot of respect for actually realising he hasn't been able to make it work here. There are many that would stay in post and let the ship sink - then fuck off out. This gives us a great chance to find someone else with a Transfer Window and near 2/3rds of the season still to go. New manager bounce and all that. It could be that if this is a "mutual consent" departure then Power may already have chosen his next manager? We can but hope.

Wish PB all the best, it never got going (or he never got us going) but he comes across as a decent bloke. A part of me thinks that he is back off up to Hull in some capacity and things may have been agreed in the background. Can't see Power sacking the man if he can sniff compensation on the horizon. One good thing though - Power has learnt his lesson of being indecisive. The LW saga can still give one nightmares, I'm glad he's realised that. It's a positive element to the largely reclusive owner.

With a line drawn under the very short PB managerial spell...two questions;

Who would you like to take over?

&

Who do you think we will get?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 11, 2018, 19:30:30 »

I assume (and would be happy with) Taylor. Ben Chorley has been mentioned here before, but I’m not aware he’s ever so much as coached. Then there is the Irish guy who was linked when Brown got the job... Another week of fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: