Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Relegation for Man City  (Read 4139 times)
Sir red ken

« on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 10:17:20 »

So it transpires that Man City have been making secret payments to offshore accounts. This is for a large amount of money to avoid paying UK Tax. With this swindle, surely the FA will throw the book at them and relegate them at the end of this season as they have done with other clubs in the past.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/08/manchester-city-secretly-paid-roberto-mancini175m-offshore-account/
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 10:27:56 »

Yep. I am absolutely confident that the FA will apply the rules fairly and not favour any one club over another.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 10:29:56 »

I'm sure the FA won't crap themselves at the thought of a major and cost legal battle.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 10:44:02 »

I’m sure they will treat Man City in a similar way to STFC
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 10:57:53 »

As they did with Chelsea and Spurs.....
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 11:00:05 »

You can also be sure that the press and the footballing community in general will see to it that Man City are stigmatised as cheats for years, nay, decades to come.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 11:27:10 »

If they don't relegate City, then at least they'll feel obliged to right past wrongs and reinstate us to the Prem.

Edit: damn, this was the FL before Prem days wasn't it. Sneaky bastards.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 11:40:17 »

Two divisions please
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 14:23:45 »

It does seem that the vast majority of reports to come out have highlighted that city deceived FFP. Is artificially inflating sponsorship and turnover actually making them pay more tax on income?

Surely its illegal to do this though even if it is? At the moment it just looks frowned upon by fans and other clubs for getting around FFP.

Todays offshore account news is obviously news that should get HMRC right on to them regardless if the football governing bodies refuse to sit up
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 14:38:58 »

The butter wouldn't melt Guardiola should be banished to manage Newcastle for a while.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 15:29:50 »

The FFP rules were devised by UEFA and Deloitte I believe... Citys Finance Director (and some members of his staff) came to City from Deloitte.... They probably found a way around it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 19:27:05 »

Relegate Bmuff two divisions for fiddling the wage cap instead....I would prefer that.

Clems Army!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, November 9, 2018, 20:16:51 »

Two divisions please

Reduced to 1 on appeal!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Sir red ken

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 10, 2018, 09:33:26 »

And now this "Manchester City are under investigation by FIFA due to allegations third-party ownership rules have been broken through their relationship with Danish club FC Nordsjaelland" The list of charges grows longer, at this rate they'll be relegated too the Sunday league! Can't wait to see a big club feel the full force of the FA and league like STFC did.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 10, 2018, 10:42:34 »

Reduced to 1 on appeal!

1 point more likely! (For Man City, that is)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: