Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is success?  (Read 12847 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 11:38:15 »

On a personal level, winning the half time lottery would be a notable success.  Smiley

Short term, just winning a few games, regardless of style, would be a start.

Longer term, success would be getting into the Championship, even better if coupled with a shiny new CG.

I'd like to think that Power has at least a modicum of shame left somewhere and doesn't want the club to be languishing in L2.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 11:40:43 »

Quote from: 4D
If Reading can manage it why can't we?

if a new stadium complexed, championship with dips into premier league can't manage it, why can't we? ummmm.

Took Madjetski 10 years and a shit load of money to leaves a legacy. And it's much harder now simply because finances have skyrocketed.

it can still be done, but it takes money.

Bournemouth are a better example of what we could do. But you'd like to think they'll sink again at some point with their lack of infrastructure.

I'd be happy to do a Brentford. they seem to have moved to the next level. with money.
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 11:41:37 »

Just fucking enjoying a season overall would be a good start. I don't think that's happened since Cooper was here.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 11:44:13 »

say that took us to 8th quagmire, would you still class it as success?

Well last season we managed that, just, and finished 9th.  Now I regarded that as an OK season, not a runaway success but we managed to pick up a win when needed to avoid any drop zone tinkering.... yet many felt it to be a terrible campaign.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 11:50:56 »

I'd be happy to do a Brentford. they seem to have moved to the next level. with money.

I've touched on Benham before, it's estimated he's put 90 mill into Brentford, to get them to Championship fringe contenders.

Now however much we might like such an owner, as things stand it's not worth thinking about, we have to deal with the reality of our situation.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 11:59:14 »

I've touched on Benham before, it's estimated he's put 90 mill into Brentford, to get them to Championship fringe contenders.

Blimey, I really didn't know that. Oh well, back to the lottery tickets..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 12:04:30 »

Just fucking enjoying a season overall would be a good start. I don't think that's happened since Cooper was here.

Good point. Everything has been shit since 17:05 on 24 May 2015

Also, looking at the team that day I only just realised that Jermaine Hylton was on the bench that day (and the only survivor, naturally).

Was convinced he was signed the season after.
REDBUCK

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 12:05:30 »

Get used to it folks, we missed our golden opportunity in 2013.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 12:16:17 »

Higher end League 1, pushing for, and achieving the Championship occasionally, then staying there.

However, needed is:

Somebody on the board with a bit of money and ambition for a start, fed up of being medicore and shitter and shitter every year.

A manager that doesnt appear to be a clueless fucker.

Just something to give the club a spark and a boost.

I ditched my season ticket this season after over 12 years, is there anything to entice me back? Is there fuck.

On another note, i see the lot down the road have just had the ex majority owner of Inter Milan, DC United and Philadelphia 76ers just join their board.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 12:55:01 »

Steady L1 club fighting at the top end to get out and having a crack at the championship every other year
Sir red ken

« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 13:13:12 »

Get used to it folks, we missed our golden opportunity in 2013.
Never has a quote on the townend been so true.
Our decline since has been noticable.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 13:20:29 »

Turning up at the CG, and feeling like there’s an event going on. Drama and atmosphere. Something to capture the imagination of lifelong fans and their children. I was lucky enough to start supporting the club when that was the norm - and we’ve since glimpses since, particularly under PDC and briefly under Cooper. Bring it back.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 13:29:02 »

Good point. Everything has been shit since 17:05 on 24 May 2015

Also, looking at the team that day I only just realised that Jermaine Hylton was on the bench that day (and the only survivor, naturally).

Was convinced he was signed the season after.
Everything has been shit since 15.00 on 24th May 2015 !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 13:55:02 »

A cup run would be good, anyone going Saturday?  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 8, 2018, 14:00:07 »

A cup run would be good, anyone going Saturday?  Smiley

Me. My dad and an ex-season ticket holder are going so there will be at least 3 people.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: