Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 41657 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 10:03:01 »

Colchester sit currently in 5th place with 8 wins from their 16 games and only 4 defeats.

They are equal highest scorers in L2 with 30 goals.

Season league form DWDWLWDWDLWLWWLW

Home league form WWLWLWWW scoring 20 goals. They have scored in every game played at home so far.

Northampton and Bury are the 2 teams that have won there both 2-1. They also whalloped Crewe 6-0 there.

Norris has scored 8 (19 shots on target from 34 attempts - 56% on target) played 1068 mins averaging 134 mins per goal. Although 3 of his goals have been penalties.

Szmodics 5 (14 shots on target from 23 attemps - 61% on target) played 1269 mins averaging 254 mins per goal.

Nouble 4 (7 shots on target from 16 attempts - 44% on target) played 1379 mins averaging 345 mins per goal.

Town havent lost at Colchester in the last 6 matches with 4 wins and 2 draws there.

I still can't see where our goals will come from.

0-3 defeat in front of 4,355 with 385 Town fans there, Town with just 1 shot on target.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 10:30:00 »

People posting negative stuff about Brown before the match has even started...oh my.
2-1 Swindon

Why is that any worse than criticising him at 4.50?  It's not the same as barracking the players whilst the game is still going on which is clearly counter-productive.  A lot of people, me included, think he is a poor manager and his stats with us and elsewhere don't exactly contradict that point of view.

Notwithstanding, hopeful that we get a point.

1-1
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 10:32:43 »

Pre match searching for the spirit of Boudica, but finding only a world of we iz fik innit, in The Playhouse.
I bet the legions of Rome didn't have to go via some obscure Zone 4 underground station to get to Camulodunum.

So, Norris, the inevitable is going to happen isn't it.
Do we miss him, based on the season so far, yes.
Worked hard for the team and was unfortunate with the injury.
The lassitude in front of goal though, my word, like some spaced out, lethargic teenager who had just discovered the joys of wanking for the first time.
Always in the wrong place at the right time.

Zero expectations today, even though we haven't done too bad here in recent years.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 10:39:52 »

Can this be as bad as we fear.....is this the same Luke Norris that use to turn out for us...ponderous, useless in front of goal well useless on the pitch in fact....can`t see anything but a defeat today - unbelievable against a team with Norris playing...optomistic that it will only be 2-0

The problem with Luke is not so much he left but we didn't replace him with a similar type. Most, if not all, Div 4 sides and indeed many higher, like a fella who can hold the ball up, work the oppo defenders and get you a few goals. They're not exactly thick on the ground atm... if you get a proper good one like a Lukaku, they'll go for 70-80 mill.

Lukaku can look a bit of a donkey, so at our level they're even more equine.  Last week we saw a classic of the kind Jon Stead, proper journeymen, often Div 4 sides will have a veteran up there, as they know how to niggle defenders, win free kicks etc..... lack of mobility offset by nous.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:13:51 »

Big loss today  with Norris doing the damage.

You like Norris now then?

Get rid of norris for a start and get a player that actualy puts a shift in.

like to see norris dropped and mullin given ago sneaky 4-2 win today depending who plays.

Come on power fucking dip your hand in your pocket and buy two strikers, norris and hylton and furuz just aint good enough.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:31:16 »

I think Norris always tried but he was a typical div 4 striker, lacking in ability and he was more often than not awful.

Some days couldn't hit a barndoor with a banjo from 6 inches but other times he looked fairly handy. He can take a good penalty.

Do I miss him? no. Did we replace him? no. Will he score today? yes.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:35:37 »

You like Norris now then?

That's all that twat does, same negative tripe every week then goes quiet if we are winning and doesn't post. Typical of a number of our fans who revel in negativity, I just don't get it. Guess they just want the satisfaction of saying "I told you so".
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:42:15 »

Anything other than a mauling would be a huge positive today. Hopefully Brown recognises this and sets us up accordingly with a similar side to which started last week. I wouldn’t be against him sacrificing Richards for an additional midfielder and play Doughty in a false nine role to give us even more steel. Hopefully we’ll nick the odd set piece near their area and Taylor can produce something.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:46:56 »

I think Norris always tried but he was a typical div 4 striker, lacking in ability and he was more often than not awful.

Some days couldn't hit a barndoor with a banjo from 6 inches but other times he looked fairly handy. He can take a good penalty.

Do I miss him? no. Did we replace him? no. Will he score today? yes.
And would we be doing any better with him? Probably not.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:49:37 »

Agreed. You going today mate? one of your local games isn't it?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:54:00 »

I doubt we'd be taking the league by storm, but I reckon we'd be a bit better off.... much like ColU
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 11:56:24 »

Anything other than a mauling would be a huge positive today. Hopefully Brown recognises this and sets us up accordingly with a similar side to which started last week. I wouldn’t be against him sacrificing Richards for an additional midfielder and play Doughty in a false nine role to give us even more steel. Hopefully we’ll nick the odd set piece near their area and Taylor can produce something.
Mauling? Fuck me, we ain’t that bad. Sure any team in this league could get a spanking but anyone would think we are Macclesfield’s third XI.

The team selection needs tweaking from the start but it wouldn’t really be that much of a surprise if we nicked it - not expecting it, but it’s not impossible.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 12:00:56 »

Mauling? Fuck me, we ain’t that bad. Sure any team in this league could get a spanking but anyone would think we are Macclesfield’s third XI.

The team selection needs tweaking from the start but it wouldn’t really be that much of a surprise if we nicked it - not expecting it, but it’s not impossible.
I was about to post that almost word for word Audrey. Great minds and all that...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 12:10:10 »

It could be a Yeovil away type game  Yes
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 12:20:19 »

Fuck false nines and Norris, we could do with a Jason Roberts type upfront
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: