Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 42690 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 20:32:28 »

I actually hope we lose next week.

Fuck em, had a gutsfull now.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 20:36:32 »

I can't see him surviving if we don't beat York.

Having said that, Power does seem to dither when it comes to fixing things. I don't have a problem with the appointments he's made, it's his inaction when things are not working that infuriate me. 

As I pointed out t'other day, losing to non league sides isn't usually a capital offence... Bert Head, Danny Williams, Lou Macari, Steve McMahon, Danny Wilson and PdC have all done it and not been sacked. Luke did it and wasn't sacked.... perhaps Malpas, but technically he got one more game and it was losing in the Boycott, that finished him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 20:57:02 »

it's it common knowledge that Doughty is part time, getting 2 days off a week to look after the families business interests?

Hadn't heard that before today. very odd thing to make up. very odd is true too
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 21:01:14 »

It seems more of a 0 hour contract to me with the amount of time he has had off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 21:02:14 »

Smiley
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 21:34:38 »

I'm sure we've all had friends or relatives who have no interest in football, say to us "I can't see what all the fuss is about, it's just 22 men kicking a ball around" and you may tell them to fuck off or just smile indulgently because we all know there is far, far more to it than that and they will never be able to grasp just how much more it does actually mean.

For me today though, it was exactly that. It was dreary, dull and joyless. The first half was one of the worst I've ever seen. The second started off pretty much the same until the subs were made when we actually showed a little bit of life. Fuck knows what Brown was doing with that team selection, it was pathetic but meh, whatever. Fair play to all of you who still care enough to debate the merits of various players, formations, the manager, refereeing decisions, Power etc, I really can't be fucked with it. I feel like the life has been sucked out of me where STFC is concerned.

This is me since the spineless performance at Exeter. Or possibly longer.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 21:49:59 »

This is me since the spineless performance at Exeter. Or possibly longer.
And just to clarify (I assume you are of a similar view) this is not me throwing my toys out of the pram and saying "I'm never going again bla bla bla..." I will continue to look at TEF (and obviously post the odd piece of literary brilliance) and check out the Adver site and follow the scores on Soccer Saturday and the midweek programmes and and I'll probably even go to Stevenage and Cambridge on the basis that they're not a total ball ache to get to from here...but I'm just not feeling it. I feel totally empty and devoid of feeling when it comes to STFC. Sad, but 'it is what it is'...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 21:50:36 »

The decline continues. I suppose like B Rovers and the piss stains, amongst other supposed League stalwarts, none of us can really contemplate the abyss.

But year on year uselessness and seemingly nobody to care less about it has taken its toll.

This is dire crap to be sure. Have we bottomed out? I doubt it. Is it terminal?
Flashheart

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 22:03:06 »

I honestly think that Power's been unlucky with the managerial appointment's he's made. I also think that he's just one 'lucky' appointment away from everybody feeling some love again.

That's not to say he's absolved of all blame, of course. He has played a huge part in us being where we are, but I also think he's been let down by some of his managers.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 22:14:27 »

I honestly think that Power's been unlucky with the managerial appointment's he's made. I also think that he's just one 'lucky' appointment away from everybody feeling some love again.

That's not to say he's absolved of all blame, of course. He has played a huge part in us being where we are, but I also think he's been let down by some of his managers.

There’s a lot to be said for this. I think people were cautiously optimistic when he took on the job. He wasn’t a nobody. He can’t turn it around now though. Time to cut and run.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 22:32:03 »

There’s a lot to be said for this. I think people were cautiously optimistic when he took on the job. He wasn’t a nobody. He can’t turn it around now though. Time to cut and run.
I've always been relatively pro-Brown but I can't see where we're going with him - it ain't up though, that's an absolute cast-iron dead cert...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 22:36:36 »

Going backwards
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 22:38:21 »

I'm all for going for an up and coming non-league manager or retiring player. That would probably be a 'cheap' option, but the cost is not a deciding factor for me. Obviously, because I'm not paying. I just feel it's the best option.

Ok so here's my suggestion for the new Town manager …. Craig Bellamy.

No, hear me out.  He's been Academy coach at Cardiff for nearly 4 years and definitely wants to be a manager, agreeing terms with Oxford in Feb this year and then pulled out.  The main reason I'd go for Bellamy is due to the countless times I've heard former teammates talk about him on podcasts saying he was the best trainer at the club, always demanded the highest standards from others (which is why he tended to fall out with those who didn't pull their weight) and just had an overwhelming will to win. Opposition fans would hate him, which might at least get our fans going and create some form of atmosphere.

Who knows, he could be shite but I'd rather take a punt on someone like Bellamy being the next Macari, Ardiles, Hoddle etc than appoint another journeyman lower league version of Brown and Flitcroft like Keith Curle, John Sheridan or Justin Edinburgh - no thanks  Suicide
Sir red ken

« Reply #253 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 22:43:33 »

The decline continues. I suppose like B Rovers and the piss stains, amongst other supposed League stalwarts, none of us can really contemplate the abyss.

But year on year uselessness and seemingly nobody to care less about it has taken its toll.

This is dire crap to be sure. Have we bottomed out? I doubt it. Is it terminal?
We are where we are by design, each year our team gets worse. We endure a last minute rush for freebies and loans at the start of each season. We don't have a squad just a bunch of players 3 of which are finished and need putting out to pasture.
We all know where this is heading, unless there's a change in the way the clubs run, from top to bottom.
The alternative is going out of the league.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 23:34:32 »

9th worst team in England’s league pyramid. Not good enough by a long way.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: