Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Colchester Utd v Swindon Town official match day thread  (Read 42720 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 16:55:42 »

Grrr.

So sounds like we've lost a match we should have drawn. But once again it took the subs, bringing on our better players, to make us play better.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 16:56:14 »

Concrete, viable replacement suggestions?

I come from a land down-under
Flashheart

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 16:56:59 »

Doesn't help when at home, fans are booing players during the match, when they touch the ball. You now...like they're an Oxford player or something. Then we've got a bunch that love to chant the Tommy Robinson chant. A good chunk aren't exactly making it any easier.  It's not wonder player don't want to play for us if that's the environment. Comes with the territory but some of the stuff just isn't acceptable from the fans either.

You're really clutching at straws now.

I don't agree with booing players but we're not crap because of the booing, people are booing because we're crap.
Panda Paws

« Reply #198 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 16:57:42 »

Michael Flynn
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 16:57:44 »

2nd week in a row PB picks and starts with the wrong team, how can he not see that?

Losing patience with him now.

We should have got at least a point but we can't score despite getting in good shooting positions.

The players again looked like they had no idea where they should be at times but they all have the quaility to achieve things but its the tactics that aren't working.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #200 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 16:58:07 »

We looked OK for 10 minutes, with another masterclass of attacking ineptitude for the other 80.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 16:58:47 »

didn't watch the game today.  it seems we kept it much tighter first half than last week and looked more dangerous in the second half.  A tad unlucky not to share a point.

Pretty toothless in attack...for whatever reason.

I would hope Power is making discreet enquiries but who knows what he finds acceptable.  
adje

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:00:49 »

Looking better when the subs come on then not starting them the next game.Thats an annoying habit

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:01:07 »

I've only watched one game this season and we were dire, created nothing and had less than three shots. Something is majorly wrong and the game plan (if there is one) obviously ain't working. If us lot with next to no football managerial experience can see that, why can't the club?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:01:08 »

From what I saw from the highlights on twitter we looked much better in the second half after Alzate and Anderson came on.

Brown is an absolute shitebag who needs to go. Sorry this season way below par.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:02:15 »

Bungle from rainbow? Diane Abbot? The homeless fella I pass most lunchtime on my stroll, a fucking amoeba. Anyone!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:04:17 »

Duncan Ferguson
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:04:20 »

From what I saw from the highlights on twitter we looked much better in the second half after Alzate and Anderson came on.

It was exactly the same last week. OK Adebayo made a big difference too last week. None of them were starting again this week despite the shit show of the first 30 last.

Thankfully it was better this week defensively, not that it ultimately much matters. Little positives I suppose.
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:05:48 »

All those calling for Brown to be sacked - serious question - what makes you think Power will make a decent appointment in his place? He’d probably go for the cheap option and stick Taylor in charge for the rest of the season - if that’s what you all want then fine. We should not be sat in 16th place in the 4th tier, but in my opinion our position reflects the decisions of only one person and that’s the chairman. The buck stops with him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, November 3, 2018, 17:09:03 »

All those calling for Brown to be sacked - serious question - what makes you think Power will make a decent appointment in his place? He’d probably go for the cheap option and stick Taylor in charge for the rest of the season - if that’s what you all want then fine. We should not be sat in 16th place in the 4th tier, but in my opinion our position reflects the decisions of only one person and that’s the chairman. The buck stops with him.

Its a fair question. If the answer is Taylor then maybe we should be a bit cautious...

But 6 points, 8 games. It can't carry on. The clock is ticking for Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: