Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 34643 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #240 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:29:23 »

I have not heard any interviews with PB as yet after the game but PB has to admit he got the team selection wrong.

Right up until the first substitution we were awful, no outlet in midfield, hardly any player looking deserving of a place in the team with only a couple of exceptions. It really was like watching us under Paul Hart, the flexible 451/433 with that line up did not work at all.

When we brought on some attacking players the game changed totally, we ran at them and created a few chances, County were really rubbish for a team that spent so heavily in the Summer and a team losing £3m a year currently, their fans must be distraught. Hemmings is one of the most weasteful strikers I have seen in years and he cost them around £150k in the summer, also Dennis for £150k from Chesterfield, Boldewijn for £100k from Crawley, with Vaughan, Kellett, Evina, Turley and Ward alongside already high earning Stead, Hewitt, Duffy and Tootle. They are hemorrhaging money.

Please PB don't start with Richards, he again did nothing all game, McGlashan only came to life when the substitutions were made, he was running round like a headless chicken before then with no clue as to where he should be playing.

I doubt Richards will come up against a slower poorer CB pairing than County had and yet he still didn't perform, Bayo needs to start alongside Woolery (if fit).

In defence Talyor was exposed all the time and he too only started to play when Alzate came on, Lancashire looked uninterested and slow and for me Woolf and Nelson would be a far better pairing, maybe even Conroy if he is fit enough, Knoyle did quite well against a quick winger. Nelson just needs to keep his head otherwise he is our best CB.

McCourt did ok, not good not rubbish he just sort of sat there in the middle in the Toums role, but Toums does it far better and breaks up play a lot faster than McCounrt, also Toums almost always plays simple passes whn he wins the ball to a red shirt rather than trying to launch it long as McCourt does, wastefully often.

Dunne did nothing all game other than get involved in a couple of minor scuffles, Smith looked quite good, won some good tackles and ran well with the ball, Doughty was unlucky as he was played well out of position and he didn't look comfortable there at all, not sure he deserved to be taken off but someone had to be.

Still not entirely convinced by Vigs, for me he isn't yet at the same standard as LMC, he made a couple of saves yesterday but they were all bread and butter saves, for every professional keeper, except maybe Moore and RCC last season Wink

Keepers are often judged on clean sheets and Vigs averages 1 clean sheet every 4.5 matches in his Swindon career, McCormick has averaged 1 clean sheet in every 2 games. Obviously the defences change a lot in front of them both but 50% clean sheets is pretty impressive.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #241 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:31:49 »

I'd drop Doughty for the acting. Anyone who's had a kick in the bollocks knows you dont roll around like that. A slump to the ground groaning yeah. Pretty pathetic really.
This season we do seem to be playing that route a little too often, Doughty, Anderson, Alzate and especially McGlashan are all guilty in pretty much every game, but in all honesty pretty much every team we come up against do the same sort of thing "Doing a Neymar". It annoys me that every player feels they have to con the ref.

Flashheart

« Reply #242 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:34:43 »

I have not heard any interviews with PB as yet after the game but PB has to admit he got the team selection wrong.

Nope. He's actually done quite the opposite:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2018/october/brown-the-substitutes-made-a-massive-difference/
Flashheart

« Reply #243 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:37:08 »

I'd drop Doughty for the acting. Anyone who's had a kick in the bollocks knows you dont roll around like that. A slump to the ground groaning yeah. Pretty pathetic really.

It was pathetic.

Knoyle also acted as though he'd been hit in the face at one point. McGlashan pretended he'd been injured by having the ball thrown at him, although that was somewhat half-hearted as he'd realised how ridiculous he looked as soon as he did. Abedayo got booked against Cambridge for a pathetic and obvious dive.

It has to fucking stop.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:38:50 »

This Taylor, Lancashire, Richards thing is beginning to grind.

Taylor, not as consistent as last season, yes, but still drives this team.
He'd be missed if dropped.

Lancashire, a very shaky start to the season following return from injury, but has been performing with a decent level of consistency in the last few games.

Richards, needs a lot more help from the other two in a front three, but still the best option, from what I've seen, in that particular role. By all means give Bayo a go there, but won't be too long before the griping starts about certain aspects of his game.
Switching to a front two would provide a lot more options though. Bayo and Richards might work.
Woolery, if fully fit, is the one not really getting a look in, for whatever reason, in the Friday team selection bingo session.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #245 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:43:22 »

Hmmm thats concerning, one win doesn't paper over his cracks for me, a few more wins and I may support him fully again but its going to take some convincing.

Also as mentioned before, PB has said that no player is immune from being dropped.

I call outright lie on that.

Richards, Taylor and Lancashire have proved that you are a hypocrite and now have to win my support back.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:44:28 »

Cheesy
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:44:51 »

Credit where credit is due to PB - a real back to basics approach, pack the midfield to frustrate the opposition and play for a point. Fingers crossed we see a similar set up moving forward, at the CG we can probably afford the luxury of Alzate starting in place of one of the central midfielders for that added flair. Yes, one up top won’t be popular with everyone but when your FL status is on the line you have to sacrifice style.

Encouraging stuff.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #248 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:45:01 »

This Taylor, Lancashire, Richards thing is beginning to grind.

Taylor, not as consistent as last season, yes, but still drives this team.
He'd be missed if dropped.

Lancashire, a very shaky start to the season following return from injury, but has been performing with a decent level of consistency in the last few games.

Richards, needs a lot more help from the other two in a front three, but still the best option, from what I've seen, in that particular role. By all means give Bayo a go there, but won't be too long before the griping starts about certain aspects of his game.
Switching to a front two would provide a lot more options though. Bayo and Richards might work.
Woolery, if fully fit, is the one not really getting a look in, for whatever reason, in the Friday team selection bingo session.

I respect your opinion WB, I really do, but I don't personally see that they offer that much to the side at all, with the exception of Taylor currently, we have better options, but thats just my opinion.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:47:54 »

Which makes you wonder why, if Dave, Conroy and Woolery get binned from the entire matchday squad for what may have just been an off day, why Taylor, Lancashire and Richards are undroppable after numerous consecutive games where they haven’t performed.

It makes no sense.

Thing is because these fellas like Brown have been in the game years, they get a feel for a player being a proper pro or not, we've all seen the type who can be brilliant every so often but then drift onto the periphery.

There's a lot of games in a season and many of them you must play on autopilot, I think Brown is challenging the younger lads to try and get up to that level of consistency, that will give you a 15 year career at a good level.

Of course, there's an argument to be had about whether the chopping and changing is the best policy to get to that end, but we do seem to have a situation whereby all the players know that they will get chances to impress.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:53:41 »

Spot on Reg. It’s often said that a side needs a core of 2 or 3 solid senior pros...we saw under Luke what can happen when that isn’t there. Out of the three, I’d say Lanchashire and Taylor warrant their places, the latter being our main creative outlet in the main, but I agree with those who say Richards should be dropped.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 11:01:12 »

I respect your opinion WB, I really do, but I don't personally see that they offer that much to the side at all, with the exception of Taylor currently, we have better options, but thats just my opinion.

No worries.
If we all picked a team from this squad then I suspect that maybe 6 or 7 names would be consistent but the other 4 or 5 would differ greatly.

A fully fit Conroy over Lancashire, then yes wouldn't argue with that.
Wolfie looks ok as backup at RB and CB.

The centre forward situation should be the top priority for sorting out in January.

Just noticed, no back to back league wins under PB yet.
Pressure is still on.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 11:35:24 »

Just noticed, no back to back league wins under PB yet.
Pressure is still on.

Saturday was an important win, but just buys PB a bit of time.  His task is turn around the home form, which will be far from easy as it is at a historic level of shitness, and the atmosphere at the CG is toxic at best.

To give some sort of context, this run of 6 games without a home league win in Div 4, is our worst ever, beating the run of 5 home games without a win achieved by Taylor/Brown last season.  The task is made more difficult by the fact that Carlisle are one of those annoying sides who are much better on the road than at Brunton Park. That's followed by a string of home games til the end of Jan where it is quite difficult to see where a win comes from..... maybe Stevenage, but their away form is solid.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 14:34:06 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
REDBUCK

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 14:26:22 »

Hmmm thats concerning, one win doesn't paper over his cracks for me, a few more wins and I may support him fully again but its going to take some convincing.

Also as mentioned before, PB has said that no player is immune from being dropped.

I call outright lie on that.

Richards, Taylor and Lancashire have proved that you are a hypocrite and now have to win my support back.

Found your dummy yet
Peter Venkman

« Reply #254 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 15:15:11 »

Found your dummy yet

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: