Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 34658 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 21:24:16 »

Sadly the right is on the rise again in Britain as well as Europe. Fuelled by Brexiteers and Trump.

Oh dear Reg,, that attitude is somewhat stereotypical don't you think?
I don't have any love or affection for Trump I am not a right wing neo nazi.
I did however vote to leave, and using your criteria to round groups together, you are a typical communist left wing Corbynista who fails to grasp democracy and is in denial with the fact the.majority of those who voted voted to leave.
Nothing to do with right wing politics, more to determine our own laws and put our public services before an unelected unregulated bunch of clowns who don't give 2 hoots about Britain or the British.

That's so well put but there's a few problems with your logic Skip. If you don't support communist thinking then your part of the problem. These loonie lefties aren't interested in democracy and never were. If you don't vote left then you a Nazi racist end of. There's no getting through to them its like a religion.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 21:26:48 »

Did PB mention where Diagouraga & Conroy were today?

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 21:28:36 »

Did PB mention where Diagouraga & Conroy were today?
Left out for tactical reasons
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 21:56:04 »

Oh dear Reg,, that attitude is somewhat stereotypical don't you think?
I don't have any love or affection for Trump I am not a right wing neo nazi.
That isn't what he said. Read it again
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 22:07:32 »

Left out for tactical reasons
Conroy was shit on Tuesday & clearly isn't over his injury concerns but surprised that Diagouraga was dropped from the squad completely. Was at fault for the 1st goal on Tuesday but has generally been one of our best players in the games I've seen. Was also going to talk about McGlashan before today. I know he hasn't scored for us yet but for the number crunchers out there does he have any assists? If not that's a shocking stat for an attacking player signed from a higher division.

skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 07:41:33 »

That isn't what he said. Read it again

You can interpret it how you like.
His comment was the right is on the rise in Britain and Europe fuelled by brexit and Trump. So using his ideology if you support trump and/or voted leave your right wing? Wrong, and I'm not even a tory!

Corbyn was always anti Europe and the West when a back bencher, his views on Europe change purely to oppose the Conservative party and stir up a hornets nest.
That to me is typical of a remoaner "we didn't get the outcome we wished let's play havoc". If the will of the people isn't upheld then democracy in this country is finished and comrade Corbyn has succeeded in his quest.

A bit off piste I know.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 09:13:49 »

Brown rolled the dice and got lucky.
Managers need a bit of luck sometimes, but changes needed to be made.

With this squad there are no guarantees that any other combination of starting eleven would have done better in that first half.
The three who came on have done very little when starting in recent games, so being dropped might give them the required kick up the backside.

Of the changes, Smith is probably worth persevering with as a starter.

And Dunne, one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment and doing a good job?

Great to celebrate a couple of goals.
There are obvious problems still, one of which is the need to try and find a settled 'best team'.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 09:39:14 »

he dropped Dave for McCourt in a battling lineup? Seriously?

The blokes a fucking clown if that's true. I've not been particularly anti brown, just disappointed. But he's starting to convince me he's got no idea.

which is a bloody weird thing to say after a win
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 09:44:32 »

he dropped Dave for McCourt in a battling lineup? Seriously?

The blokes a fucking clown if that's true. I've not been particularly anti brown, just disappointed. But he's starting to convince me he's got no idea.

which is a bloody weird thing to say after a win
Weren't Southend fans similarly bemused over his team selection a lot of the time? Pretty sure they were.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 09:44:58 »

probably. can see their point of this is his MO
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 09:48:36 »

Which makes you wonder why, if Dave, Conroy and Woolery get binned from the entire matchday squad for what may have just been an off day, why Taylor, Lancashire and Richards are undroppable after numerous consecutive games where they haven’t performed.

It makes no sense.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 09:53:18 »

exactly that Audrey.

I'll eat humble pie of it ends up working out, it's just very odd and strikes of someone who is trying to solve a jigsaw by trying every piece in every hole.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:05:20 »

Which makes you wonder why, if Dave, Conroy and Woolery get binned from the entire matchday squad for what may have just been an off day, why Taylor, Lancashire and Richards are undroppable after numerous consecutive games where they haven’t performed.

It makes no sense.
Tbf the Taylor thing has been done to death. We simply don't have another viable option, which although is presumably Brown's fault, is where we're at. Rico & Lancs on the other hand is frustrating as there are alternatives & in their own heads they both must realize that they would likely benefit from a spell on the sidelines. Especially in Rico's case. I think he could really make another season or two at this level of being a 20 min at the end man when we are chasing a game/in need of a goal.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #238 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:20:12 »

Thoughts from the County forum..

Bloody annoying result because over the 90 minutes we were the better team. Being the better team doesn't give you points though, making the most of your chances usually does.

Played some lovely football today but we didn't carve out enough clear chances and wasted too many of the ones we did.

Kewell can fuck off, frankly. Played a stupid, arrogant, over attacking team at Bury last week and then spent his entire post-match digging out the players for not trying hard enough. This week he made an inexplicable substitution when we were 1-0 up, playing well and looking pretty comfortable, moving our one vaguely combative midfielder to right back two minutes before a man just walked through the space where he'd been mopping things up all afternoon. To blame the players for not working hard enough is some absolute sub-Mourinho bullshit, he needs to take some responsibility.

HK seemed surprisingly happy to hang the players out to dry for the second half performance, but you could argue that Phil Brown’s changes improved Swindon (not by much, we still should have won easily), whereas HK failed to react when the momentum switched a little in their favour.

Most frustrating thing is that if we’d taken our chances, we’d now be looking back on another improved performance, some lovely football in patches and a five-point gap to the bottom two.

TBH, we should have strolled a 2-0 or 2-1 victory today....we were dominant for two-thirds of the match? but we couldn't get that important 2nd goal, poor subs and subsequent re-shuffling....plus a fragile confidence when under pressure.

For 60 minutes today we were by far the better team, against the worst opposition I've seen at Meadow Lane this season. But we blew it.

Kewell is completely out of his depth - publicly blaming the players for two defeats where you’ve clearly got things massively wrong yourself (will excuse MK) is only going to lead one way.

Swindon introduced a couple of subs who had pace we introduced a sub with no pace and as a result they were able to control the midfield.

For 60 minutes we were totally dominant apart from one bobbling ball that Swindon almost connected with inside the box, before Ward hurled himself in front of the ball, partially clearing and the superb Aless finally got out of danger.

The niggling, horrid, play-acting, time-wasting Robins gave us the one-two sucker punch (aided by an own goal from the warrior-like, bandaged Turley) ....and it was Good-Night Vienna. Sad really, because apart from the result, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this game, but IMO we should have won this game comfortably from all the chances we created.....but that's football.

HK delivered a scathing verdict, saying Swindon just worked harder in that second half.

Stall was commentating on how you couldn't quite tell what formation Swindon were playing, because we had them penned in so tight at times that they were all standing on one another's toes....BUT, that's what happens when you don't "kill off" teams.

I thought the ref was pretty decent today....he certainly wasn't fooled by any of the Swindon play-acting.......one Swindon player hurled himself out of play writhing around in fake agony, Turley just shook his head in mystery and walked away, the Stead tackle that looked like studs had 8 Swindon players screaming for a red, but the ref already had the yellow in his hand....and the Swindon player on 85ish minutes that pretended our guy had thrown the ball at his cojones, then went "oops, the ref ain't buying it"

The only criticism I would have of the ref was that he should have booked at least 2 of their players for acting - the acting was so bad and so obvious it deserved some sort of punishment. The theatricals in front of the main stand by their number three was laughable. The ref may have been unsighted but the lino and fourth official had a perfect view.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 10:26:02 »

I'd drop Doughty for the acting. Anyone who's had a kick in the bollocks knows you dont roll around like that. A slump to the ground groaning yeah. Pretty pathetic really.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: