Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 34648 times)
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:10:20 »

Good win today, got no problem with a gritty performance at all. Hopefully they can kick on next week at a tricky Colchester side who beat Lincoln at home today.

Anyone got any ideas why Smith has barely played recently? I liked the look of him at the start of the year and then disappeared before doing ok again today. Got a good mix of passing/grit
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:10:47 »

Smith's persistence and tackle to win the ball back and then set up Taylor was superb and all you can ask for  from a midfielder he has to now be a regular starter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:45:46 »

well, bar a 10 minute spell in the first half we were clueless, rubbish and there for the taking.

but the second half was different! adebeyo made a massive difference and did Alzate. once the equaliser went in county started to wobble and we did it!

it's like our better players coming on helped.

is it papering over the cracks?... probably... but for tonight, who cares
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:46:35 »

Good win today, got no problem with a gritty performance at all. Hopefully they can kick on next week at a tricky Colchester side who beat Lincoln at home today.

Anyone got any ideas why Smith has barely played recently? I liked the look of him at the start of the year and then disappeared before doing ok again today. Got a good mix of passing/grit

Not sure you could classify the first half as gritty, it was bare faced luck that we were not three or four  down at the break.  We were beyond poor.  The second half, once we had made the changes, we looked  like we had far more composure and understanding between players.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:50:17 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
562 Town fans at Meadow Lane. Amazing really.

and only 40 were singing Tommy Robinson songs
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:51:19 »

and only 40 were singing Tommy Robinson songs
Fucking morons
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:51:54 »

So is Brown an idiot for the starting line up or a genius for the subs?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:52:01 »

Indeed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:52:18 »

Quote from: pauld
moron
Flashheart

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:56:45 »

Both?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:59:10 »

Can’t excuse that starting line up. He got lucky that County weren’t out of sight by half time.

But you can’t argue with 3 points.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 18:00:04 »

Idiot - we were lucky in the first half to still be in the game for those changes to have an impact.  It was not rocket science that things were not working and our midfield were falling over themselves and nothing was sticking to Doughty's head up front.  I just wish he'd settle somewhere close to the finishing line-up, stick to it and just trust players to fill in gaps when players are injured but keep it pretty much the same.  I'm not sold on Alzate and Anderson playing together, would probably prefer Woollery if fit and Alzate seems to offer more consistently than Anderson does, but that finishing team could start the next game and I wouldn't have too many issues with that.  Lancashire could do with replacing and we don't have anyone to replace Taylor, so bar maybe one change let them play for a while.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 18:05:27 »

is it papering over the cracks?... probably... but for tonight, who cares

exactly it was a must win game, to not only halt the slide from our mid table perch, but to keep Brown in a job for a bit longer, therefore should be celebrated  Pint

The ColU game is something of a free shot, they're flying and have Norris and Nouble up front, so I don't think too many would expect us to get anything there. 
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 18:08:24 »

Norris and Nouble

Eeeeee awwwwww
Flashheart

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 18:11:49 »

I'm more inclined to think he was lucky rather than genius with the subs. Throw enough shit out there and something will stick eventually. I'm not at all confident that our next game will be anything like today's 2nd half.

I'd be delighted to be wrong though, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: