Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 35404 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:46:31 »

That was shocking, offer nothing much going forwards, unable to defend, hardly any player to come out of that with any credit except maybe Smith and Knoyle, McCourt doing ok but nothing more, the rest are poor, Nelson was good until his hot headed challenge.

I would say it can only get better but it could get worse still.

Good job County are pretty shit at finishing too or it could have been a few goals down.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:53:19 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:46:55 »

Same old rubbish unfortunately. Just have a feeling the players are just going through the motions and personally I think Brown has lost the dressing room as this team should be fighting for playoffs at least.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:47:00 »

Anderson, Alzate & Adebayo on and let’s go gung ho
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:49:43 »

I take it back, don't think Vigs could have done much
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:50:18 »

That was fucking atrocious.  Brown is making a right mess of this team.  Nobody has a clue where they are supposed to be or how to play with the ball.  Both wings are having a field day against us, lucky to be only one down.  We can't have had many training hours playing this way and it shows.  Same old players not stepping up.  Smith looks ok but he's all over the place, suggesting nobody in the midfield 5 has much of a clue about who is to do what and where.  Doughty is utterly wasted trying to win balls in the air, Richards is not going to magic himself into a target man no matter how often Brown tries it.  McGlashan is a waste of a player whe we are not trying to go wide.  Lancashire continues to have real trouble turning with players and Nelson for all his efforts seems a bit loco today.  McCourt is only  really any use on the front foot, we don't have it and he ends up being last man in front of the defence and looks useless at that.

It's like Brown just pulled a team out of a hat and sent them out to figure it out for themselves.  We've seen us look pretty decent, being able to control the ball early on in the season so to play like this is a reflection of the Manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:50:34 »

It's not all bad... Cheltnumb and Morecambe are losing, Macc and Cambridge drawing, which would do us just fine.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:50:57 »

Same old rubbish unfortunately. Just have a feeling the players are just going through the motions and personally I think Brown has lost the dressing room as this team should be fighting for playoffs at least.

I don't think the players are going through the motions, the effort is there.  It's just disorganised chaos.
Flashheart

« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:51:23 »

I take it back, don't think Vigs could have done much

I just played it back.

It's difficult to tell, but I think Vigs did come for it but their player got to it before he did.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:53:25 »

They have us on toast out wide, if they were any good we'd be 3 or 4 down by now.
REDBUCK

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:53:30 »

Nothing about these players and team suggests they should be fighting for the play offs.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:58:15 »

Well for what it's worth I don't think any blame can be laid at Powers door,. There are teams with lesser budgets better than us and I'm sure County have a far bigger budget than us and are poor this term.
For me the blame lies solely at Brown's door, I'm not at the game today but have seen many this season and why oh why are we persisting with the old guard of Richards and Taylor?
Brown's time must surely be up and for me we can't give the role to Taylor.
Looking for an improved 2nd half but feel even an equaliser is beyond this team.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #116 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 14:59:22 »

I just played it back.

It's difficult to tell, but I think Vigs did come for it but their player got to it before he did.
At the time it looked to me like Vigs chose the wrong direction, haven't seen it again yet though.

If Brown makes changes then that will tell us that he takes the blame for the selection, if he makes no changes then he has put the blame on the shoulders of the players.

Something badly needs to change for us to get a point of of today.

Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 15:00:23 »

Nothing about these players and team suggests they should be fighting for the play offs.

It’s just a personal opinion but if we had Cooper with this squad I think we would be a lot further up the table. It’s a shame really as when Brown was hired I thought it was a really good appointment. Shame it hasn’t turned out that way yet.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 15:01:54 »

Taylor that was fucking shocking, sums up his performance today.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 15:02:34 »

Good effort by Dunne just over the bar from 30 yards.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: