Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: National League next season....who do you want?  (Read 5338 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 20:02:55 »

It was February 2017, when a fellow TEF'r decided we were fucked and League 2 was looming by posting the following:

I think most folk now accept we're as good as down, so who do you want departing L2, and who joining us from L1 and arriving from the Conference.

I'd like to see Donny, Carlisle, Plymuff, ColU, going up, Orient and Crewe going down.

Joining us Cov, Chesterfield and Port Vale, with Lincoln and Forest Green promoted.

This would leave Newport, Wycombe, Exeter, Luton, Pompey, Mansfield, Grimsby, Cambridge, Blackpool, Yeovil, Crawley, HPool, Cheltnum, Stevenage, Accrington Stanley,  Morecambe, Barnet and Notts County

A fairly southern based league, with FGR as a new ground along with Grimsby boasting added fish theme.

Only Accy and HPool as pointless norvern journeys. Crewe, the ex railway Towns proving that developing young players and selling them on gets you to the Conference.....Lincoln make a weekend of it and take the missus.

Plenty of localish games with Crawley for revenge, as we all now hate them, and Cambridge for a love in from the TEF Power haters.

Based on what I've read over the past few days, it's fair to say the general feel is that our days as a FL outfit look numbered. As has been alluded to previously, Power's business model will not really be impacted should we lose FL status. In fact, he may well feel that the National League is a more suitable level to blood youngsters and recruit non league talent with a view to selling on for big sums, to a Peterborough etc. Granted, a rebuild would be required on the playing side but Flitters showed us last summer that there are jobbing lower league gaffers out there who are more than capable of assembling a functional side at short notice and on a relative shoe string.

A quick glance at the National League table brings up some interesting potential ties...the likes of Barrow, Bromley and our old foes Aldershot are mired in midtable and look to be certain opponents.

Should Cheltenham accompany us in dropping down then at least we'd have the Wilts-Gloucester mini league, and it would be good to lock horns with Chippenham should they win promotion.

What's not to like?

Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 20:07:54 »

Fuck off
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 20:24:11 »

Oh do one Mr. Chang!

Talk about stirring an already bubbling pot.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 20:29:58 »

I am hopeful this works with Chang, but I am also hopeful Swindon will one day be good at football once again...........good at IT

http://montypython.50webs.com/scripts/Holy_Grail/Scene18.htm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 20:40:28 »

Chang in stocks at half time with some mouldy fruit?
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 21:21:32 »

It was February 2017, when a fellow TEF'r decided we were fucked and League 2 was looming by posting the following:

Based on what I've read over the past few days, it's fair to say the general feel is that our days as a FL outfit look numbered. As has been alluded to previously, Power's business model will not really be impacted should we lose FL status. In fact, he may well feel that the National League is a more suitable level to blood youngsters and recruit non league talent with a view to selling on for big sums, to a Peterborough etc. Granted, a rebuild would be required on the playing side but Flitters showed us last summer that there are jobbing lower league gaffers out there who are more than capable of assembling a functional side at short notice and on a relative shoe string.

A quick glance at the National League table brings up some interesting potential ties...the likes of Barrow, Bromley and our old foes Aldershot are mired in midtable and look to be certain opponents.

Should Cheltenham accompany us in dropping down then at least we'd have the Wilts-Gloucester mini league, and it would be good to lock horns with Chippenham should they win promotion.

What's not to like?

Clap

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 21:57:14 »

It’s a less ridiculous thread than a ‘who do you want in league 1 next season?’ sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 22:25:40 »

Chippenham

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 00:43:33 »

What's this National League  Hmmm Do you mean Conference?
Combe Up

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 08:00:08 »

No, he means the Alliance Premier League.

Is it time for non-violent direct action at a match?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 09:35:41 »

This is what we want....

« Last Edit: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 09:37:16 by 4D » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 10:15:48 »

Chippenham

Mid table atm... and Hungerford are struggling a bit. Gloster off the pace, but there has to be some hope for Bath City.

Sod Chang's Wilts/Glos mini, mini league, Bath's elevation and Numb down too, could mean a proper Wilts/Glos/Somerset mini league.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 17:44:10 »

Victories for Bath and Chippenham today...both are in and amongst the play off places. Orient top the national league...I am hopeful for some London away matches with them, Barnet and Daggers.
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 18:10:01 »

Victories for Bath and Chippenham today...both are in and amongst the play off places. Orient top the national league...I am hopeful for some London away matches with them, Barnet and Daggers.

If we drop down - and I'm sure none of us are now ruling that out, I'm not sure the beeb will continue to fund live commentaries at that level.

Also, knowing Power he'd look to bring in a manager 'with extensive non-league experience' which would probably see Jewson's idiot sales rep Mark - I love a footballing cliche - Collier installed.

Batten down the hatches.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 18:13:49 »

In fairness to Power, it would make sense to install someone who knows the non league circuit as avoiding a further York style slide will be critical.

My money would be on Dave Hockaday.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: