Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 49234 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 18:24:57 »

Here we go again,  just WHO is at fault ?. Could probably make a good case for any of them (other than the fans).
Wellens will probably be going home head in hands wondering what he has let himself in for.
Nothing we can do now,  he's in, just have to stick with what we've got. To be fair PB DID know what we had, and couldn't make it work,  Wellens has yet to discover those delights, he did the sensible thing today,  started with 10 same players that won last week, did not try to change everything first game.  Think he was dammed if he did, and dammed if he didn't.  Dont blame him for todays performance, he has to be given a chance, but should performances like this continue is it the players attitudes, management inadequacy,  or owners inability to select an adequate manage that is the problem ?.  This January's transfer window cannot come soon enough, but then again,  who can we afford,  and who would want to come here ?.
The future is certainly not rosey, players need to start performing, otherwise we are staring the Conference straight in the face.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 18:32:19 »

Here we go again,  just WHO is at fault ?. Could probably make a good case for any of them (other than the fans).
Wellens will probably be going home head in hands wondering what he has let himself in for.
Nothing we can do now,  he's in, just have to stick with what we've got. To be fair PB DID know what we had, and couldn't make it work,  Wellens has yet to discover those delights, he did the sensible thing today,  started with 10 same players that won last week, did not try to change everything first game.  Think he was dammed if he did, and dammed if he didn't.  Dont blame him for todays performance, he has to be given a chance, but should performances like this continue is it the players attitudes, management inadequacy,  or owners inability to select an adequate manage that is the problem ?.  This January's transfer window cannot come soon enough, but then again,  who can we afford,  and who would want to come here ?.
The future is certainly not rosey, players need to start performing, otherwise we are staring the Conference straight in the face.

I don't think you can expect too much from the window.... Power will be hoping that with only 2 down we'll limp over the line. Macc do look terminal already, so we're in effect playing for one slot with 5 or 6 others.

There is really nothing to suggest that Power/Wellens/Hunt have what it takes to turn this around, other than a bit of luck on somebody being worse.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 18:46:01 »

Who do we blame. The realities of self sustainability, a disconnected fanbase and dodgy and late player recruitment, and a bit of bad luck in the manager market.

other than that it's great
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:03:02 »

Lee Power pure and simple.

Next month his 5 years is up- and we sit in our worst league position in our history.

We have gone from the league one play off final in May 2015 to this- it really is terminal decline.

He prefers to hide behind managers- but his transfer policy is a total joke and I blame him entirely for our position.

Problem is he is answerable to no one- and most of our fan base unbelievably prefer to sing his praises
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:05:35 »

Lee Power pure and simple.

Next month his 5 years is up- and we sit in our worst league position in our history.

We have gone from the league one play off final in May 2015 to this- it really is terminal decline.

He prefers to hide behind managers- but his transfer policy is a total joke and I blame him entirely for our position.

Problem is he is answerable to no one- and most of our fan base unbelievably prefer to sing his praises

More worrying are those who think him getting to own the CG is a good idea....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:09:18 »

most of our fan base unbelievably prefer to sing his praises
Horseshit. The fan base is roughly split between those who think he should go, and those who argue that without an alternative there's no choice but to lump it i.e. grudging acceptance. Never heard anyone "signing his praises", much less "most of our fan base".
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 19:52:30 »

More worrying are those who think him getting to own the CG is a good idea....

You got that right,  Reg.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 20:04:59 »

Power. The town end suggested that today too.

The players could help with actually giving a toss, don't think I've seen a worse Town side. Good on yer Lee.
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 21:25:23 by 4D » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 20:07:24 »

I still think that Power's been unlucky in many respects. I also think he's been shit in many respects. If he weren't so shit, the bad luck would probably have had less of an impact.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 20:18:44 »

Horseshit. The fan base is roughly split between those who think he should go, and those who argue that without an alternative there's no choice but to lump it i.e. grudging acceptance. Never heard anyone "signing his praises", much less "most of our fan base".

There are however plenty on here, who are prepared to accept what Power says.... rather than look at the evidence of what he actually does and how it impacts the club.  Our current woes are down to nobody else but Power.  The only question for this season is can we stay up in Div 4.... we're now into uncharted territory.
Sir red ken

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 21:17:47 »

Its like watching the whirlpool when I've pulled the bath plug. We are being sucked down,who's going to want to sign for us in Jan. we could be on our third manager by then and have spunked our whole playing budget on mangers payoffs.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 22:05:02 »

I have be told that three players we missed out on financially was due to as little as £25 per week.....also that Wellens actually wached PB’s last three games.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 22:08:49 »

I have be told that three players we missed out on financially was due to as little as £25 per week.....also that Wellens actually wached PB’s last three games.

Sauce?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 22:51:22 »

Seems very precise and inaccurate

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 22:55:34 »

So at least 3 players have said "If you don't give me 100 quid a month more, I'm signing for another team"?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: