Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 49007 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 17:01:57 »

I don’t care how good/bad he was at other clubs. The fact is, he’s been shite for us in what amounts to half a season.

Get shot of this muppet.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 17:03:59 »

I don’t care how good/bad he was at other clubs. The fact is, he’s been shite for us in what amounts to half a season.

Get shot of this muppet.

Keep your knickers on Aud! It's not good for the ticker. Mind you, when has supporting Town ever been?!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #167 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 18:06:13 »

I'm with Audrey.

I ask myself if I think it's going to get better. My answer to my own question is: No! I hope he proves me wrong and goes on a winning run starting from tomorrow, can't see it happening though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 18:10:09 »

I've never seen you this pessimistic flash. obviously we all hope we are wrong too
Flashheart

« Reply #169 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 18:17:34 »

I also don't buy into the suggestion that Power won't get rid because he'll have to pay up Brown's wages. I think money has little to do with it.

Forgive me for linking to this shiterag, but apparently L2 managers earn around 50K/year. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2811433/League-One-Two-managers-earn-average-62-500-year.html

If Power got rid tomorrow, how much would he have to pay up? Let's say Brown is on 75K (a high estimate). You can be sure that that figure is heavily laden with bonuses, as with the others. I doubt he's on target to hit any of those. Even then, how much of the guaranteed salary of a contract would be paid up when a manager is sacked? He signed a 2 year deal, so there's about 1 1/2 years left? Even if he has to pay up completely on 75k and 1/2 years left, that's 100k.

I'd hazard a guess that Power would have to pay up around 50-75k if he got rid, which is a small amount compared to what has been invested in players.

I think him being slow to sack poor managers in the past has been down to misplaced confidence or dithering.
Flashheart

« Reply #170 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 18:21:15 »

I've never seen you this pessimistic flash. obviously we all hope we are wrong too

I lost it with Williams as well, Batch.

I just think there's a line and it's been crossed, so action needs to be taken. I'm still not in Reg territory, though. I still want us to go up this year and I think it's still a realistic possibility. It's all down to a certain chappy that is making the decisions at the top.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 19:28:58 »

My mate has just seen Phil Brown at Witney Cineworld.  He's not a bullshitter by any stretch so 100% believe it to be the case.

Which would mean that we don't travel up to an away game the night before?  I'm pretty sure we always used to as recall seeing the coach leaving the county ground early Fri afternoon.

Is this Power cost-cutting?  Is it likely to affect performance sitting on a coach for 3 hours before a game?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 19:38:16 »

It’s a cumulative thing. All we’ve seen for the past 4 seasons is a diminishing club and it doesn’t really feel we’ve bottomed out yet.

Maybe the players genuinely aren’t good enough and Brown is trying to make a silk purse . . .

That’s not what I think. The players are plenty good enough compared to every club in this league bar 1 or 2. They are just not being utilised properly. And that’s Brown’s job.

20 plus games is more than enough.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 19:56:37 »

Which would mean that we don't travel up to an away game the night before?  I'm pretty sure we always used to as recall seeing the coach leaving the county ground early Fri afternoon.

Not necessarily true. The players and club staff (inc assistant) may have already traveled up. PB might like to drive to away locations himself to have some thinking time. It's not like he's got to worry about getting cramps or anything. Anyway it's not uncommon for a manager not to always travel on the coach. Mourinho got off and walked the other day.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 20:00:32 »

PB might like to drive to away locations himself to have some thinking time.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 00:40:37 »

My mate has just seen Phil Brown at Witney Cineworld.  He's not a bullshitter by any stretch so 100% believe it to be the case.

Is this Power cost-cutting?  Is it likely to affect performance sitting on a coach for 3 hours before a game?

Think there will be one or two, like Carlisle and possibly Morecambe where there's an overnight stop.... but mostly it will be travel on the day.

We're in Div 4, that's what happens. You have to worry when there isn't a coach but a mini-bus
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 16:28:39 »

Phil Brown is a football genius ........

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:52:30 »

Who do we blame now?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, October 27, 2018, 17:56:20 »

Who do we blame now?
One swallow doesn’t make a summer - although it could make your weekend!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, October 28, 2018, 08:52:06 »

One swallow doesn’t make a summer - although it could make your weekend!
Certainly made mine, before kick off and especially at half time  would have gladly taken a point,  once again,  is this the turning point ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: