Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48921 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:39:52 »

It's a long shot but funny things happen in football. For me, PB gets 3 more games, and needs at least one win or three draws.... anything less and he should be replaced. However there's no magic wand here, I suspect it'll be McDonald or Taylor.

I take it you mean the next three league games,   York could be a distraction from the league fiasco,  but feel if we are to pick up points Notts Co is the game we must impose ourselves on,  can't see us getting anything at Colchester and Carlisle must be looking forward to coming here with their recent form.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:41:35 »

"York could be a distraction"

that's one way of putting it...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:44:20 »

"York could be a distraction"

that's one way of putting it...
Meant to say disaster but couldn't spell it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:45:58 »

Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 13:57:03 »

I take it you mean the next three league games,   York could be a distraction from the league fiasco,  but feel if we are to pick up points Notts Co is the game we must impose ourselves on,  can't see us getting anything at Colchester and Carlisle must be looking forward to coming here with their recent form.

Yep I'm thinking league games... unfortunately since Kewell came in Notts have picked up the home form and are undefeated under his regime, it's on the road they still struggle.

Tomorrow Brown needs to pick what he considers his most battling outfit and try and set up for a point and hope to nick a set piece or something. With that in mind, I'd bench the footballers like Alzate, Knoyle, Anderson. Doughty prob won't be fully fit, so maybe off the bench.  Pack the midfield with Toumani, Dunne, McCourt and Smith try and use the pace of Bayo and Woolery.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:18:23 »

I was told today that Lancashire asked to come off at half time against Cambridge.

Hope the boo-sters are happy with themselves.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:21:55 »

Tomorrow Brown needs to pick what he considers his most battling outfit
Well it would make a change from some of the baffling selections we've had recently
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:23:08 »

I was told today that Lancashire asked to come off at half time against Cambridge.

he looked to us like he asked to come off twice before half time (was at the game)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #158 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:26:15 »

Lancashire is a very limited defender and has been a weak link a lot this season but his last 2 or 3 games before Tuesday hes done ok and not been our worst defender in those matches.

Pointless booing a player who has returned to a bit of form recently, baffling and pointless.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 14:58:39 »

We need to show signs of improvement starting on sat, it is to early to panic and clearly we are short of a couple of decent strikers, my worry is this form continues and Power decides Brown needs to make his mark in January transfer market to halt the slide.

I feel he needs to be given November to get this sorted failing that he will have to go.

Problem is look at the managers Power has recruited and I'd say of them all Brown was the one with the experience and should be doing better, trouble is we cant get dragged into a relegation fight this team are not built to fight and scrap for points
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 15:34:41 »

Problem is look at the managers Power has recruited and I'd say of them all Brown was the one with the experience and should be doing better

Essentially this. It isn't that he is a totally shit manager, most of his time at Southend will be looked back as fairly successful. Bringing them within a shot of Tier 2 football to Roots Hall for just over a decade. Even that previous taste was short lived and would have to go back to the mid-late 90s for added spells at Tier 2. It's not easy to get in and stay in the now Championship. Alas, PB is good enough to manage at top ten L1 for sure. He is underachieving though and you don't turn into a shit manager over night. Maybe the players he's bought in can't adapt to what he's trying to do? Something is amiss but I can't see after 15 games that a team of which he's largely added to, is now not prepared to play for him. Confidence is a huge thing in any player and boy do we need that. Currently the Town job seems like a poisoned chalice.

Maybe PB and the squad have underestimated the rest of the division and been complacent (not publicly but privately)? Every layer is underachieving bar the keepers, Knoyle and a few young lads. Not one is overachieving though. I think PB knows exactly what he needs but he can't get to it just yet (the well discussed, out and out LB and a striker).

Seasons aren't completed by October's end fortunately and we still have 2/3rds of a season to go. I know where I think and would like Town to be but a reality check is "we are where we are", once we accept this we can focus on doing something about it rather than whinging about it. Maybe just for once, Reg is probably closest on the money as to what our aspirations should be. It's down to us if we let our hearts rule our heads though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 15:52:09 »

He is underachieving though and you don't turn into a shit manager over night.

I think it's feasible for previously decent managers to become shit, brought down by cynicism and the changing nature of the game, perhaps taking a toll on their decision making. We'll have pretty good idea if this has happened to Brown over the next 3 or 4 games.  It could be we haven't considered the importance of Horton to him, I haven't crunched the numbers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 15:58:26 »

he's been crap at winning at Derby and Preston too.

even his Hull win record isn't great.

but that's only half the story of course
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 16:22:36 »

Plus, I’m guessing as time goes on Managers contacts retire?

I have no evidence of this and it’s just an assumption (I really can’t be arsed to check) but Brown must have gone to Big Sam for a few loan player favours in his time?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 16:23:49 »

he's been crap at winning at Derby and Preston too.

even his Hull win record isn't great.

but that's only half the story of course

Derby is forgivable for two reasons. His first true managerial gig (they don't always work out) and Derby fanbase and club has a huge expectation to be a Premier League club (and retain that status). It was exactly that for PB there and he didn't really get a chance.

They're being propped up by Mr. King atm who many will know is the creator of Candy Crush et al. Derby got lucky with him around and it's why I believe they are underachieving as a club.

Preston - I'm sure he was in charge for the 2nd Half of one season and the 1st half of another? So again difficult to assess his time there really. I don't know enough about their circumstances at the time...were they fighting relegation? and PB brought in to prevent it? If so he was sacked not long into the following season and I'm sure they were doing ok.

Hull and Southend are better measured because he actually spent more than a season at both. His Hull win % is only really affected by the time in the Premier League. Naturally they would attain more losses. Especially for a place more famous for it's Rugby League exploits, a bit like Wigan. Again, it's half the story and a lot of factors to dig into.

All we can go on is right now and where it matters he is underachieving. He needs to get his head around what's wrong and fairly quickly.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: