Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 49017 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 14:55:19 »

You really won't let this go despite all the evidence.

It would have been oh so easy for us to have been in the current situation last season.  We never went more than 3 games under Flitcroft without a win it's those wins which keep you in or around the PO slots and certainly mostly well clear of any drop fears.    If you have to play a bit ugly to achieve that so be it.

Think it ws Audrey who posted about Brown's football turning ugly at a time of crisis to get that clutch result.... that's encouraging, as it needs to start form Saturday, we can't afford to lose at Meadow Lane.

PS it's all Power's fault, it's his club therefore the buck stops with him.

I am allowed to not let it go.  I am suggesting he squandered an opportunity - he left us, did he not? The general consensus, whether you like it or not, was that the football on display was turgid, regardless of results.  I called it quickly that we should be in the play offs last season with the first couple of performances, precisely because of the ugly nature.  Doesn't mean it was fun.  That added to the finish to the season it left us with, meant we missed a chance to go up, did we not?  And we never got the fan base back onside - no growth in attendances as a campaign begins to head towards a potential promotion scenarios, correct?  So, he was central to us falling flat as a club (on top of Power's previous two years).  Brown has added to that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 14:56:52 »

Oddly, I don't blame the players for the past two seasons.  Both Managers have had players who are putting in effort.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 14:59:11 »

The longer we stay in this league, the more difficult it's going to be to get out if it (in an upward direction).

Our best chance of a quick escape was probably last season.

In the 80's it took the intervention of Lowndes Lambert to kick start some change, just as the dwindling band of supporters were looking forward to another season with Ken Beamish in charge.
Can't see any similar third party intervention happening anytime soon, so ultimately it's down to Power to provide the funds and more importantly to find someone who can manage the (shoestring?) budget to best effect.

Andrew Black is to blame.
The timing of bailing out and the timescale imposed was clueless and created the conditions for opportunists to step in.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:02:49 »

I blame Black as a fan, I don't blame him if I was him.  He was sold a pup, had no ties to us once he realised that, so had no real conscience when it came to getting out.  At that point his only interest was saving his money, he achieved his goal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:15:56 »

Oddly, I don't blame the players for the past two seasons.  Both Managers have had players who are putting in effort.

Still don't think you can pin the blame for this season on Flitcroft... for sure in any review of last season, he could be metioned.  Similarly I said when Brown took over, he shouldn't be particularly judged on his 10 or 11 games becasue of the obvious injury misfortune with defenders, but rather take stock, sort the backroom and build a squad all in good time for the opener, which is largely what happened.  Now is the time to judge him, and clearly he must do better.

Hopefully this can happen, as the alternatives are not attractive.

diggers

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:20:45 »

If we want to go back that far, Wray should shoulder some blame. Was it not he who let Di Canio spunk all the cash up the wall as he was in awe of his hero and just couldn't say no to his demand for new players? As for the last couple of seasons, I thought the football was much easier to watch under Brown so far this season than Flitcroft's spell last season...up until the last 2 games which have been just as awful to watch. We should really have been looking at 6 points from the 2 home games and we've come away with 1.
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:25:14 »

Actually on reflection....it's all Glenn Hoddle's fault. Splitter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:27:36 »

If we want to go back that far, Wray should shoulder some blame. Was it not he who let Di Canio spunk all the cash up the wall as he was in awe of his hero and just couldn't say no to his demand for new players?

True.

And while Andrew Black was chucking his money in, he wanted to get out so quickly IMO he abandoned his duty of care to pass the club on to somebody viable. So add him to the list.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:33:58 »

Still don't think you can pin the blame for this season on Flitcroft... for sure in any review of last season, he could be metioned.  Similarly I said when Brown took over, he shouldn't be particularly judged on his 10 or 11 games becasue of the obvious injury misfortune with defenders, but rather take stock, sort the backroom and build a squad all in good time for the opener, which is largely what happened.  Now is the time to judge him, and clearly he must do better.

Hopefully this can happen, as the alternatives are not attractive.

No, Flitcroft is not to blame for this season, just the mess last year ended-up, which brought us to our current situation.
Sir red ken

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:34:37 »

If we want to go back that far, Wray should shoulder some blame. Was it not he who let Di Canio spunk all the cash up the wall as he was in awe of his hero and just couldn't say no to his demand for new players? As for the last couple of seasons, I thought the football was much easier to watch under Brown so far this season than Flitcroft's spell last season...up until the last 2 games which have been just as awful to watch. We should really have been looking at 6 points from the 2 home games and we've come away with 1.
You seem to be forgetting one thing with regards to the PDC era. Yes he did spend but we had a much better team/squad and would have made the championship if he hadn't been forced out. The last couple of season the football wasn't easier to watch" Its been bloody painful" under brown and flipflop,but then each to his own.
Look at our form and its not just 2 home games we are currently relegation fodder.
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:41:36 »

You seem to be forgetting one thing with regards to the PDC era. Yes he did spend but we had a much better team/squad and would have made the championship if he hadn't been forced out. The last couple of season the football wasn't easier to watch" Its been bloody painful" under brown and Flitcroft,but then each to his own.
Look at our form and its not just 2 home games we are currently relegation fodder.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten anything - we had a much better team / squad as we had more than twice the budget we have now. And you've misread what I said - I said that this year under Brown was easier to watch than last season under Flitcroft, but that the last 2 games in particular we have been awful and as bad as anything I saw when Flitcroft was manager. Not that the last 2 years were easier to watch than the Di Canio era. The Di Canio era was entertaining, brilliant at times, but unsustainable unfortunately and the rest is history. If Black had held his nerve until the end of that season, we would have been a championship team, we would have been easier to sell and we would have got big money for Ritchie if a new owner had wanted to cash in. However, the money we were spending was not what Black had signed up for and he wanted out as soon as possible. Nothing we can do about it now though - so lets move on otherwise it just gets even more depressing than it already is.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:42:27 »

I blame Reverend William Pitt. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

William Pitt? William Shitt more like.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:48:26 »

I blame the lack of concerts which were promised by Jed and that Rick Wakeman look-a-like fella. Rice?

Bullshit alert!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:51:28 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:48:57 »

I blame Reverend William Pitt. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

William Pitt? William Shitt more like.

Yeah him as well.

I also blame my parents for taking me to watch Swindon when I was young and knew no better. Why didn't they just sit me in front of the tv so I could become some plastic supporter who has no connection to the club they support other than watching them win the FA Cup final in 1983.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 15:50:05 »

A lot of things have been done wrong, but I feel that every team that comes to the CG are stronger, fitter,faster and better organised than us.  It cannot be coincidence that we hardly ever win a second ball, that every team knows our style of play and continued weaknesses.  In that respect it must be the whole coaching team that shoulders a lot of the blame.  As for Power out, well Jed and his bunch of chancers were not exactly a bed of roses were they?  I was surprised to see Richards start last night but what is the alternative?  Brown must be getting closer to the dreaded vote of confidence and the ultimate sack.  Fall on your sword Philip . . . please!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: