Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48995 times)
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:05:35 »

The buck stops with Power - he is the chairman / owner / dictator after all. However, I agree with others, unless someone knows a secret multi millionaire fan, we are stuck with him and we could end up with worse. Who's decision was it to sell Norris and Mullen and bring in a young loanee and rely on another good year out of Richards, Woolery to get fit and Twine to come of age? Possibly Power, possibly Brown - either way, it appears to be right royal fcuk up at present as we don't look like scoring against 10 men, let alone 11. It's not the fans fault we are where we are, booing our own players won't help, but in order to get some atmosphere going, something has to happen on the pitch to get us going. Interestingly, all of our supporters groups seem to be pretty quiet with no new initiatives being planned to up the atmosphere - it's been terrible for some time, there seems to be more chatting than chanting - it's like day 2 of a test match at Lords (but with a lot less people!). But all focus is on the ground - which is great, but we won't have anyone left at the ground by the time it's sorted. At present, the product on the pitch, is like watching an average Sunday league game and something needs to happen quick to turn it around.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:22:46 »

From a Sarfend fan

‘How are you playing though, is it hideous hoofball into corners? Brown was not a bad manager for Southend but whenever a sticky patch came about he would revert to horrible, ugly hoofball. This was ok if we scraped a 1-0 with a Barry Corr header but more often than not it just made the problems worse.’

Sounds familiar

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:25:18 »

Maybe today’s US winner of their lottery would fancy sprinkling a little of their $1.6 billion on little’ol STFC.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:26:40 »

Yeah, I make the mistake of dipping in for 5 minutes occasionally.  Angry
Don't do it mate it will just make you angry!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:29:40 »

Who's decision was it to sell Norris and Mullen and bring in a young loanee and rely on another good year out of Richards,
Mullins wife wanted to move back 'oop North and Norris has wanted out since the well publicized (on here) disagreement with Anderson.

Not replacing them is a major problem though, attacking options this season have cost us.

Flashheart

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:35:56 »

Brown was looking for strikers, he just failed to get one. Whose fault that is I don't know.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:47:36 »

Not replacing them is a major problem though, attacking options this season have cost us.

This is true JJ but I genuinely think PB thought he could squeeze another season out of Richards and use one of the younger lads to build their confidence. Going on his previous form I think many of us would've made that decision. I'm sure given hindsight he knows it's not working but it's a case of who do you put in because most of us seem to think that any combo of Keshi/Crazy, Crazy/Woolery, Woolery/Keshi just won't bring any end product. Call me mad, but would it not hurt to try Alzate up front closer to Richards, could be a revelation?

1/3rd of the way through the season we shouldn't really be having this discussion. PBs plan for Richards has clearly backfired and I guess that's why he is tinkering. Surprised at Woolfie not getting game time recently as I would prefer him over Lancs (unless playing a RCB,CB, LCB three of Woolf, Lancs, Sid). I know I've said it but I'm certain PB is desperate for the Transfer Window. Between now and then he needs to have some kind of epiphany, admit he's cocked up and turn it around. Head Hurts

In the real world. Happy Anniversary for the other day. Sorry I couldn't match your exquisite commentary updates. I waned after 20mins Wink
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:50:15 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:54:59 »

In the real world. Happy Anniversary for the other day. Sorry I couldn't match your exquisite commentary updates. I waned after 20mins Wink
Thanks mate Smiley on matchdays all I ever do is write what I see, of course not everyone agrees but some agree less than others Cheesy

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:55:33 »

Brown was looking for strikers, he just failed to get one. Whose fault that is I don't know.

Well he passed up the opportunity to sign MA-F but who knows how that may have panned out. Could've been genius, could've been a waste of wages. I'll hinge of the latter but yes he failed to bring in another or ran out of time. Maybe some of those targets are still lined up for January? As long as it isn't Elliot Benyon.

Billy Clarke is coming back from injury though for Charlton and would be 4th choice behind the Aussie guy, someone else and Ajose. Surely some game time for him would be valuable? He's 30ish so a stint in L2 (loan) could be a good confidence boost. I'd take him.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:56:21 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
Thanks mate Smiley on matchdays all I ever do is write what I see, of course not everyone agrees but some agree less than others Cheesy
no we don't
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:58:48 »

I could quote Brian Clough but I don't need to Smiley

Tbh though I think the resident StefTrol was actually having a dig at me for suggesting an idea of doing an 'otional' live audio feed of alternative commentary. You know, just for a bit of fun but of course, we can't have fun any more Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 13:29:22 »

He was looking at CBS too, until the final minutes of the window.

As soon as a midfielder comes into view he’s like a kid in a sweet shop, though. Can’t resist another one.

He’s turd. Get rid.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 13:47:50 »

Power for the underpinning situation we are in - he had a concept, knowing he had some leverage to get talent in, once that dried-up he didn't switch and that cost us the slide down here.  Since then he's done the right thing - he's put Managers in charge with okish records, he's given them (by all accounts) a budget to compete for play offs at least and he's got active in looking at the ground (well done Trust for pushing the agenda on that I think).

So, to now.

Flitcroft and Brown in equal measures.

First one squandered what he had, created no sense of style the fans could by into with that budget and played lottery style football while pretending he was a football genius.

Brown has taken that, shaken it up and ended up in the same location through an inability to find a squad and playing style and formation that works together.  Audrey is right on one thing - kid in a sweet shop with Doughty and Dave when he had other players in that position, probably exhausting his budget.  Batch is also right in my opinion, relied on old heads in the wrong positions, didn't support them if the gamble failed with others to fill the slots.  Right now it looks like he has made a pigs ear of what he was given, which was a pretty free reign to bring in a squad of players having the benefit of 10 competitive games to assess the old squad with what appeared to be no pressure for results.  Managers would kill for that, even with us.  Imagine being told you can have enough money to compete (not walk it, but in the hunt with others) and several months to try it out before you decide as well.

Never liked the guy, worried he'd be like this, moment of hope at the start of the season when it looked like he'd found something, but he's lost it quickly and can't remember what it was.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 13:55:51 »

Call me mad, but would it not hurt to try Alzate up front closer to Richards, could be a revelation?

Strange idea, Mad.  Alzate probably lacks a striker's gene.  I think the whole team needs to put its shooting boots on in training.

He does have a little of the impudence of a player before your time, namely Alan Mayes.  As a defender, I'd certainly be wary of lunging in with a tackle on him in or near the box.  He could win pens and free kicks.  If he were told to concentrate on shooting or finding Richards (or Elijah), it might helpfully close down his options.

What we do seem to be lacking is players attacking aerial balls (Nelson apart)

« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 13:58:23 by RedRag » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 14:16:51 »

Flitcroft and Brown in equal measures.

You really won't let this go despite all the evidence.

It would have been oh so easy for us to have been in the current situation last season.  We never went more than 3 games under Flitcroft without a win it's those wins which keep you in or around the PO slots and certainly mostly well clear of any drop fears.    If you have to play a bit ugly to achieve that so be it.

Think it ws Audrey who posted about Brown's football turning ugly at a time of crisis to get that clutch result.... that's encouraging, as it needs to start form Saturday, we can't afford to lose at Meadow Lane.

PS it's all Power's fault, it's his club therefore the buck stops with him.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 14:25:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: