Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 49216 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:08:52 »

And there is no chance of persuading the stay aways to come back. Their mind is made up.

Mind you the issue has always been around for as long as I remember. Good winning football and success, or stupidly cheap season tickets are the only things that have made a difference. And I don't think the latter would work now even if we could do it
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:19:31 »

And there is no chance of persuading the stay aways to come back. Their mind is made up.

Mind you the issue has always been around for as long as I remember. Good winning football and success, or stupidly cheap season tickets are the only things that have made a difference. And I don't think the latter would work now even if we could do it

We have a core fan base of 4.5k people maybe at the moment. The only way to grow that is a prolonged period of relative success. Short term success adds short term fans only. If you halved season ticket prices i doubt we would sell double.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:23:27 »

that's my point!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:32:26 »

What are fans actually paying for?
To cheer, sing and support? Don't see much of that.
To be entertained? Don't see much of that.
To catch up with friends? Possibly, but would be cheaper to meet up for a coffee.
To get out of the house? Lots of options there.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:35:49 »

I am not a fan of Power, never have been, never will be.

But

He actually hasn't done that much wrong, all I can genuinely level at him was taking too long to get rid of Williams when things obviously weren't working out for him, if he had gone in January I think we could have stayed up, but we didn't hence why we are in this league now.

The only other point could be that he has stripped the budget down to a point we are not competitive but he has to balance the books with dwinding attendances and player sales not making up the shortfall.

Anyone who thinks that the shit on the pitch isn't hurting Power must be a grade A idiot.

He has but "X" million into the club and with every on pitch defeat the value of his investment goes down, hurting him in his pocket.

Who else will come in and buy a shit, underperforming club? are there any wealthy investors out there? no. Can the Trust afford to buy the club? no. Will Power sell if he makes a little extra on top of the deal (which is only to be expected) yes he has always said he wanted to steady the ship and then set sail, so where are the hoardes of major investors? the monied buyers? nowhere, just as there were no options when Power took over originally...which is the major reason we have him as owner now.

Offer a genuinely viable alternative rather than just saying Power "fuck off".

Absolutely spot on!  Those that continuosly spout that Power needs to go are just wasting everyones's time.  Doesn't mean it's not true, but constantly repeating it is like me constantly posting that I need to win the lottery - totally true, but until the right numbers come up it ain't gonna happen.  Might be a shit analogy but it's the best I could come up with at the moment.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:45:36 »

Absolutely spot on!  Those that continuosly spout that Power needs to go are just wasting everyones's time.  Doesn't mean it's not true, but constantly repeating it is like me constantly posting that I need to win the lottery - totally true, but until the right numbers come up it ain't gonna happen.  Might be a shit analogy but it's the best I could come up with at the moment.
Disagree to a certain extent. Sometimes people need to know the club is available for sale before anyone takes it over
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:47:13 »

...so you're *not* a fan of the Facebook groups then Smiley

Example:

Adebayo has to play down the middle

#PowerOut

---

Happy Birthday, mate!

#PowerOut

---

The sky is blue.

#PowerOut
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:47:37 »

Not liking Power is one thing, he doesn't do himself any favours at times. SOMEBODY has to be in that position, though. If Power did go then there would have to be a replacement. An alternative is a must.

That alternative could be worse. Much, much worse.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:51:35 »

...so you're *not* a fan of the Facebook groups then Smiley

Example:

Adebayo has to play down the middle

#PowerOut

---

Happy Birthday, mate!

#PowerOut

---

The sky is blue.

#PowerOut

Don't forget the now popular and really fucking shit:

#pexit
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:52:33 »

#pexit

I don't go on there that much. I missed #Pexit.
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:53:30 »

#pexit

Oh no, really?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:56:26 »

He’s a crap manager living off success with Hull from 10 years ago. He should be sacked after last night.

You're saying it again and that simply isn't true DV. He had lots of relative success with Southend. Got them out of L2, made them a L1 club and got them within a gnats cock of potentially being a Championship side. You can't keep saying he's living off his Hull success because more recent history tells us he's achieved elsewhere. Likely, with that relative success, was the reason behind Power giving him the job.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:57:50 »

Not sure Power has made a single good managerial appointment.

Ling? Shame how it turned out but made an instant impact.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:59:37 »

Yeah, I make the mistake of dipping in for 5 minutes occasionally.  Angry
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:59:58 »

If Power isn't looking for any alternatives, we are indeed in dreamland if we think Aladdin will come along and rub his magic lantern...………..because Power is in sole control of the club.  

There is no separation as between Shareholders, Chief Exec/MD and the club itself is only part of Power's financial structure.  As has been pointed out he has absurdly acted even as Operations Manager in the past.

Simply saying Power feels defeats because they harm his investment isn't the end of it as far as I am concerned.  Unlike Power, we are STFC fans and feel the defeats for what they are.

Great credit to Power that I no longer start a season feeling that the no. 1 objective is to avoid falling into liquidation and out of the FL.  There are other ways of hitting the Conference however.  

I couldn't bear Reg being proved right about that ( Wink) but STFC HAS slipped.  It's no player or manager's fault and it's certainly not the fans' fault.  The multi-roled Power is accountable to NO ONE at the club.

I doubt he gives a shit for the club itself but we fans are absolutely entitled to hold him to account.  It's not much but that is why I believe supporting the Trust is vitally important to the Club's ultimate best interests.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: