Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 49005 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:03:24 »

I honestly think this is superficial and all will be fine should things get better on the pitch. It's just that we've had a few years of dull, ineffective football now. Some of that is Power's fault, and some of it is not.
But up until the start of last season, everything on the pitch was down to Power anyway. Signings, tactics and even substitutions if you believe some people.
The adver ban, the Sherwood saga, Wembley fiasco, leaving it so long to sack Williams all things that we is to blame for that haven’t helped the atmosphere around the club.
Granted, and fair play to him, he has taken a step back, but I feel we are now one of them clubs that regardless of who’s in charge the results will stay the same because there is an underlying issue.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:04:03 »

Power - sustainability off the pitch but gone backwards on it. This club does not belong in the bottom half of League fucking Two. 5 years of this chancer is more than enough. Sell up and give us our club back.

Brown - should never have got the job after his absymsal stint last season. Ignorant of the areas most in need of improvement, a dreadful start to the season and a tactical moron.

The fans - for accepting mediocrity all the fucking time. Wake up.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:05:00 »

Power - sustainability off the pitch but gone backwards on it. This club does not belong in the bottom half of League fucking Two. 5 years of this chancer is more than enough. Sell up and give us our club back.

Brown - should never have got the job after his absymsal stint last season. Ignorant of the areas most in need of improvement, a dreadful start to the season and a tactical moron.

What do you suggest we, as fans, should do? Yourself included.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:06:14 »

Who is Power going to sell up to?

Why do you think it’s that easy to get a new fucking owner. Wake up
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:12:04 »

he could however attract new investment. I mean it's possible, I assume Axis have chucked a bit in. maybe there's more of the ground gets purchased?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:24:14 »

I am not a fan of Power, never have been, never will be.

But

He actually hasn't done that much wrong, all I can genuinely level at him was taking too long to get rid of Williams when things obviously weren't working out for him, if he had gone in January I think we could have stayed up, but we didn't hence why we are in this league now.

The only other point could be that he has stripped the budget down to a point we are not competitive but he has to balance the books with dwinding attendances and player sales not making up the shortfall.

Anyone who thinks that the shit on the pitch isn't hurting Power must be a grade A idiot.

He has but "X" million into the club and with every on pitch defeat the value of his investment goes down, hurting him in his pocket.

Who else will come in and buy a shit, underperforming club? are there any wealthy investors out there? no. Can the Trust afford to buy the club? no. Will Power sell if he makes a little extra on top of the deal (which is only to be expected) yes he has always said he wanted to steady the ship and then set sail, so where are the hoardes of major investors? the monied buyers? nowhere, just as there were no options when Power took over originally...which is the major reason we have him as owner now.

Offer a genuinely viable alternative rather than just saying Power "fuck off".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:30:53 »

What do you suggest we, as fans, should do? Yourself included.

Create an atmosphere that will lift the team, they will respond by giving 110%, we'll batter every team we face. Promotion.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:34:30 »

But

He actually hasn't done that much wrong, all I can genuinely level at him was taking too long to get rid of Williams when things obviously weren't working out for him, if he had gone in January I think we could have stayed up, but we didn't hence why we are in this league now.

The only other point could be that he has stripped the budget down to a point we are not competitive but he has to balance the books with dwinding attendances and player sales not making up the shortfall.

Anyone who thinks that the shit on the pitch isn't hurting Power must be a grade A idiot.

He has but "X" million into the club and with every on pitch defeat the value of his investment goes down, hurting him in his pocket.

Who else will come in and buy a shit, underperforming club? are there any wealthy investors out there? no. Can the Trust afford to buy the club? no. Will Power sell if he makes a little extra on top of the deal (which is only to be expected) yes he has always said he wanted to steady the ship and then set sail, so where are the hoardes of major investors? the monied buyers? nowhere, just as there were no options when Power took over originally...which is the major reason we have him as owner now.

This has been the best post on the TEF for a very long time. It is a very good reality statement, which some of our fans actually lack.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:36:34 »

In all my years as a Town fan, I've not felt this low after yet another clueless performance since...….err..... Flitcroft ……. and before that...………... who could forget the Williams / Gilet Man combo?  I really try not to even groan and never boo during a game but the suggestion that our loyal fans might somehow be the problem is ridiculous.

The Manager situation is a bit like Theresa May being the shittest PM ever...and with no palatable alternative.  For James Dunne to be our best player (and credit to him) surrounded by more talented players who patently lacked the confidence or knowledge to implement a plan has to be the manager's responsibility.  But is there really anyone better available?  Another roll of the dice is as good as it gets, imo.

STFC was surely in no worse a financial position than many L.1 clubs when Power took over.  Fair play, he did what was necessary but frittered away our League 1 status on the back of the failed "loan" policy with submissive managers.  If we do indeed start a third year in the Football League's national bottom tier, STFC will be one season away from equalling its LOWEST EVER bottom league status.  Power is responsible.  No one else.

Mustn't grumble.  Last time that happened, we ended up in the Premiership.  
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:43:00 »

This has been the best post on the TEF for a very long time. It is a very good reality statement, which some of our fans actually lack.

Personally I think Power's done a fair bit more than the above, in terms of meddling with the squad, formation, bringing in Tactics Tim etc. That said, I agree with the general point of PV's post. Every loss potentially hits Power's pocket and there aren't many out there who'd be able, let along willing, to take over.

I don't want to press the panic button but am wondering if a change of manager and a couple of new players in January might be the only way to salvage any hopes of the POs. A bottom-half finish in this division is a pretty sickening thought.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:48:26 »

But

Bravo PV.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:55:24 »

What we don’t know for certain is if anybody has approached Power with a view to either investing or buying him out. Just because nothing gets into the public domain doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened.

Power may be hanging on to get the very most he can from the club and any lessening of the club’s value may well be les than what he will make by hanging on to it.

I think we can safely say that if he wasn’t still making money from the club he’d get shot of it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:59:55 »

I think we can safely say that if he wasn’t still making money from the club he’d get shot of it.

Well, he may see potential future profit as a reason to stick around.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:02:58 »

But

PV going to get a big head but i agree with most of this. Power's problem has always been how he communicates with the fans and who he appoints as manager.

Realistically the club is a top half league one club. We will sometimes be above that and sometimes below as we are now. Its been a long time since we have been above it so this current league two spell hurts the more because of it.

Not sure Power has made a single good managerial appointment. Cooper was left over from MacDonald, did a good job but had one of the best teams ever for league one and still couldn't get us over the line. Williams was a coach not a manager. Flitcroft was a complete 180 that failed to work and fit in at the club, Brown is Flitcroft adjacent but is tired and failed and doesn't have the new ideas to change anything. At some point we need a good managerial appointment who can get more than the some of the parts from a team, the last one probably being Sturrock?

I have to say i do question the fan base, it would seem we have one of the worst in football IMO. No atmosphere, people give up for whatever reason they tell themselves, they treat it as any other business when football is different. At some point people need to realise that if attendances went up by 2k our budget would go up and we would have a chance at having a better team. But people come up with crap about Power taking the money or whatever nonsense they want to believe.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:07:38 »

This is complete bollocks of which there is no evidence. There is no way anyone is making money from the club at the moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: