Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48946 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2018, 22:30:28 »

We could put the Simpsons cardboard cutouts back on the Bank, but this time put them directly behind the net & tell our players to aim for them.
Only problem might be with a cardboard cutout of Krusty; telling our players to aim for the clown throws up a wide range of targets

I come from a land down-under
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 01:22:44 »

That's interesting and we definitely do need to start quicker but that also infers we have;

Won 3 more when we've been behind at HT.
&
Most glaringly. When we've been drawing at HT, it's stayed a draw! I wonder if that trend continues? Good one for the betting man. Shows up the fine margin of being on 1pt and converting it to 3pts or 0pts.

Feeling a bit nostalgic tonight... Was it around the tail end of the Danny Wilson era where we went something silly like a year and a bit without coming back from behind to win? Something in my brain is twitching, maybe malpas?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 07:08:33 »

It was certainly something that was very rare in the Di Canio era. It's possible we never managed it with him in charge (not that we actually went behind that often in his time)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 07:28:02 »

I seem to remember DV enjoying that stat at some point.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 08:49:49 »

I seem to remember DV enjoying that stat at some point.
I remember DV enjoying every stat at some point  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 08:55:44 »

I remember DV enjoying every stat at some point  Wink

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #276 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 08:57:12 »

Cheesy Lovely lad though is our DV
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 10:14:46 »

Magdeborg fans in Germany..

Frankly is something that could do with being done, would bring back some humour to the place and also some possibly good publicity to lift the doom and gloom.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 10:23:31 »

Frankly is something that could do with being done, would bring back some humour to the place and also some possibly good publicity to lift the doom and gloom.

in the current atmosphere we wouldn't get any fans interested enough but yes, something that hasn't been done in this country and would bring some humour in times of adversity.

if any team was to try it I actually thought it was huddersfield as 2 matches ago they hadn't scored a goal at home. fans instead backed their team to the hilt to turn the tide. and it worked last 2 games!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 10:26:46 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 10:37:46 »

in the current atmosphere we wouldn't get any fans interested enough but yes, something that hasn't been done in this country and would bring some humour in times of adversity.

Wellens thanked the fans on Saturday for not giving out too much stick, he thought more was justified... the demographic of our fans is ageing, and as such has no longer got the younger element, that can raise the enthusiasm to protest against Power... I guess he knows it. 

The anti Diamond Mike stuff is 11/12 years ago now and most of the leading lights are well into middle age, pipe and slippers at the ready, or gave up going some years ago.

The subsequent generation has Facebook.... where something can flutter for 5 mins, before people disappear like the JayBox lot, into cyber space.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:03:25 »

Apart from a couple of decent seasons the clubs been going nowhere since the early 90s. No apparent drive to bring success and advancement to the club, just plodding. Not surprising interest is low. Still rather go now and then than become an armchair premier team fan.
Trouble is the last 3 games for me have yielded nil goals for Swindon and five against. Dire.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:05:48 by 4D » Logged
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 11:59:48 »

if any team was to try it I actually thought it was huddersfield as 2 matches ago they hadn't scored a goal at home. fans instead backed their team to the hilt to turn the tide. and it worked last 2 games!
[/quote]

The fact that they are in the Premier (bollocks) League  could have something to do with it.
We stuck with our team when we were there despite conceding 100 league goals.

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 12:50:39 »

Apart from a couple of decent seasons the clubs been going nowhere since the early 90s. No apparent drive to bring success and advancement to the club, just plodding. Not surprising interest is low. Still rather go now and then than become an armchair premier team fan.
Trouble is the last 3 games for me have yielded nil goals for Swindon and five against. Dire.

The main problem is poor home form.... usually you'll pick up a few home wins here and there even if a bit shit.  So for example we went 8 games in the Prem without a home win... but we knew it was going to be difficult, so no great surprise.

A poor run of home games without a win is usually a pretty good indicator of a relegation season or at least, a battle. The daddy season is 10/11... when we went 13 games from about Christmas to the end of the campaign without a home win. This was generally reckoned at the time to be one of our worst ever sides... despite having some seemingly good players.

Another candidate would be 99/00, where we went 9 games without a home win... but again like in the Prem, no great surprise as Admin meant a fire sale of players, and we weren't able to compete in Div 2.

We know our current 7 is a record for Div 4 , but it's now starting to resemble one of the relegation seasons, where we look out of our depth.... surely that can't be the case in Div 4  Hmmm

The next up is Stevenage... which simply is a must win game. There comes a point whereby you have to show you'e capable of winning at home not just talking about it, if you want to survive at the level being played at.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 12:56:57 »

It was certainly something that was very rare in the Di Canio era. It's possible we never managed it with him in charge (not that we actually went behind that often in his time)
Came from behind twice at home against Rotherham live on Sky, was the turning point for Di Canio's reign.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: