Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48938 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 22:57:03 »

Seems very precise and inaccurate

Also if players are turning down contracts for the difference of £25 pw then they want fucking. Sure it's just bollocks or likely we have a budget and stick to it. If a player isn't that keen on going somewhere and another club is interested, they only have to raise their package by £1300 pa. I don't believe though that we "missed out" because of a £25 pw shortfall though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, November 17, 2018, 23:54:39 »

Also if players are turning down contracts for the difference of £25 pw then they want fucking. Sure it's just bollocks or likely we have a budget and stick to it. If a player isn't that keen on going somewhere and another club is interested, they only have to raise their package by £1300 pa. I don't believe though that we "missed out" because of a £25 pw shortfall though.
Swindon is an expensive place to live. Money goes a lot further in most of the clubs at our level and plus or minus one. It's totally believable but it's not the £25 difference but the overall package.
woolster

« Reply #197 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 00:37:01 »

supported this club for over 30 years, never thought we would be tinkering with the prospect of non league football, as someone stated the only 2  wins at home we got out of jail late on,
has anyone got Paul Harts number Crying
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 09:27:50 »

Every managerial decision Power has made since that Preston game has been the wrong one.. we lost the last of the Di Canio era players as well as Byrne & Luongo replacing with garbage like Robert, Barry, Ojaama & BOO which ultimately lost Cooper his job, Ling was a good appointment but sadly wasn’t to be, Williams was then shoehorned into a role he wasn’t fit for, Sherwood came in and confused the matter then disappeared, Flitcroft was appointed too late into pre season wasted the budget then walked away, Brown came in did nothing and got the job and then assembled the most unbalanced squad I have ever seen, Wellens needs time to put his mark on things, but his honeymoon period is over already.

Our transfer business is scattergun and always done too late, we have wasted money on players like Woolery & Anderson that have no resale value. We have tried to polish turds, just because it worked once with Gladwin. Then went from a transfer policy of teenagers to OAP’s in just over a season. Transfers always appear to have the finger prints of Power on them.

All of these things have turned the fans away and fed the internet trolls, who in turn have whipped the brainless part of our fan base into a frenzy of keyboard bashing which has spread through the younger social media fans like a virus. I know so many longtime fans who no longer go as they have lost the love for the club and will probably never return, even with an upturn in fortunes.
The fans that do remain at the CG now boo at every opportunity, it won’t be long before the team is booed before kick off. But with our home record looking like below since Preston it’s not surprising fans have turned this way as there is no longer any entertainment.

Played - 78
Won - 28
Drawn - 19
Lost - 31
GF - 97 (1.24 per game)
GA - 113 (1.44 per game)
3 or more conceded - 10
No goal scored - 22

Power has not helped any of this by creating a news black out and distancing himself from problems and failed managers.

In short Power is to blame as he is ultimately the one that has created this with his decision making. Although looking across to Waterford, has he just been unlucky with his decisions!? He has always tried to change things when it hasn’t worked, but he always tends to make the situation worse.

« Last Edit: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 09:29:35 by Trashbat? » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:03:26 »

Sauce?

Someone I know, has a mate. This mate has a relartive in the club. Also forgot this, a DOF is being lined up. If the latter is true then after yesterday’s dogs dinner it maybe sooner rather than later, though I suspect that one is a flight of fantasy. Power is unlikely to throw £50k plus on a non playing DOF, he’s savvy enough to use that money on new blood if he has it under the sofa.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:08:53 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:05:19 »

They say any organisation rots from the head down. 5 Power years and he still hasn’t got it anywhere near right.

We don’t know whether stated budgets are true or not but whoever was in charge of spending them has fucked up every time.

We’ve had the owner recruiting, a DoF and 2 experienced managers giving it a go. All to no avail.

Power said he didn’t agree with a few of Flitcroft’s signings - some are obviously still here. Not sure how that’s gone down within the squad.

People say clubs sleepwalk to relegation. We seem to be embracing it head on.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:43:52 »

Someone I know, has a mate. This mate has a relartive in the club. Also forgot this, a DOF is being lined up. If the latter is true then after yesterday’s dogs dinner it maybe sooner rather than later, though I suspect that one is a flight of fantasy. Power is unlikely to throw £50k plus on a non playing DOF, he’s savvy enough to use that money on new blood if he has it under the sofa.

That’ll be Paul Jewell then
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:50:21 »

That’ll be Paul Jewell then

Is it?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:57:56 »

No STFC fan can say hand on heart that things are not bad under Power. Since Preston in the play-offs we’ve gone backwards and Power has to take ‘credit’ for that, of course he does.

We ALL want better for our football club, 18th in the bottom league, I believe, is our lowest position in HISTORY.

It’s shit, it really is but look at the club’s history, we’ve had two spells of administration, probably very close to going to the wall, the club was a mess financially. The Andrew Black era was a complete anomaly and I think some fans judgement has been affected by this period of time, which was wonderful.

I want better, we all want better. Fact is we HAD to cut our cloth accordingly and Power has done that and has us running within our means. It’s dull and on the pitch mistakes have been made with poor managerial appointments. None of them (apart from Ling) have worked.

I’d love a new chairman and new ideas but what do people really expect LP to do? Just walk away? What happens then? Has there been interest in the club from other parties? These magic billionaire unicorns aren’t going to appear if LP puts the club up for sale.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:57:58 »

Horseshit. The fan base is roughly split between those who think he should go, and those who argue that without an alternative there's no choice but to lump it i.e. grudging acceptance. Never heard anyone "signing his praises", much less "most of our fan base".

Spot on. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10:58:39 »

Would be my guess.

Worked with wellens before, powers mate, son was chief scout at the club. Thats who i’d put my money on if we were to get one.

Failing that,  ruel fox 😎
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 11:08:39 »

an experienced DOF above Hunt and Wellens makes the appointment much more sane.

what's Pat Fenlon up to?!
Flashheart

« Reply #207 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 11:10:27 »

A DOF would be a good idea. It's clear that Power is struggling to manage the football side of things.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 11:11:38 »

an experienced DOF above Hunt and Wellens makes the appointment much more sane.

what's Pat Fenlon up to?!

Gone to Linfield
tans

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, November 18, 2018, 11:12:09 »

A DOF would be a good idea. It's clear that Power is struggling to manage the football side of things.

Wasnt this what that Seamus geezer did?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: