Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48931 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:21:38 »

With Hull being in a worse position than us, and with his current track record here, would they really want him back ?,  certainly can't see them wanting to pay to get him back.  No, I think we're stuck with him, just got to get his finger out and get things turned around here.

It's a long shot but funny things happen in football. For me, PB gets 3 more games, and needs at least one win or three draws.... anything less and he should be replaced. However there's no magic wand here, I suspect it'll be McDonald or Taylor.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #136 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:32:52 »

It's a long shot but funny things happen in football. For me, PB gets 3 more games, and needs at least one win or three draws.... anything less and he should be replaced. However there's no magic wand here, I suspect it'll be McDonald or Taylor.
If we don't get 1 win in the next 3 then he must go, not even 3 draws is enough for me (yes I know as Mr Williams says 3 draws is a win blah blah blah) but its the actual WINNING of a game thats important.

I too think McDonald will take over probably with Taylor as his assistant and then its like theres been no change so for me that won't work.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #137 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:36:15 »

I'd be happy with a few small steps initially, a few shots and a proper goal would be a start :-)
Sir red ken

« Reply #138 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:48:29 »

I'd be happy with a few small steps initially, a few shots and a proper goal would be a start :-)
Redbuck honestly, there's always one person, with an over inflated expectation of what's possible.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:53:17 »

If we don't get 1 win in the next 3 then he must go, not even 3 draws is enough for me (yes I know as Mr Williams says 3 draws is a win blah blah blah) but its the actual WINNING of a game thats important.

I too think McDonald will take over probably with Taylor as his assistant and then its like theres been no change so for me that won't work.

I reckon with a relegation six pointer and a trip to the Div's highest scorers, who are armed with Norris, a couple of draws would be highly satisfactory.  We need to get back to first principles, starting by understanding we're in a battle for our FL future.

I'm not entirely sure that Taylor would want the job, having had a bit more time to have a look.  He might prefer a coaching post at a higher level, probably less grief and more money, and he'll have a good rep on the circuit.

If in the unlikely event Power looked outside, then Kevin Nolan could be a shout.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:00:42 »

starting by understanding we're in a battle for our FL future.

Yes!!!!!  Pint  Pint
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:06:08 »

Brown says 'I take blame' in the Adver today. 'Fans should criticise me, not players.'

Well that's handy then because we are.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:08:01 »

well, if brown doesn't sort out the obvious, he may actually be right!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:34:12 »

well, if brown doesn't sort out the obvious, he may actually be right!

At this stage last season Barnet were 4 points adrift of where we are now... Yeovil 2 points, Yeovil stayed up by 2 points.

At this stage the table tends towards indicating the end of season, of course there are always a few who go one way or the other but it is only a few, last year 15 games in Crawley had an improvement, Grimsby had a terrible slide, and managed to get out by winning something like 4 of the last 5.  Grimsby's problem couldn't score...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:41:23 »

it's too early to call. the signs are frightening, but there is a transfer window and a couple of players to get back up to fill speed that could make a difference.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:54:12 »

Redbuck honestly, there's always one person, with an over inflated expectation of what's possible.
Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 10:55:46 »

Minded to agree. Not normally one to start looking for the panic button this early, but it's worrying at the moment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 11:04:04 »

it's too early to call. the signs are frightening, but there is a transfer window and a couple of players to get back up to fill speed that could make a difference.

True, but we need to be alert to the warning signs.... it is possible just to slide into the Conference like Rovers did a few years ago.... an average first 15, then a decent next third with only something like 3 defeats, got them seemingly safe in mid table then lost 8 of the last third, slipping into bottom 2 on the final day.

I'm sure the Gasheads didn't think they could possibly manage that.... complacency can do that you.
REDBUCK

« Reply #148 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 12:23:56 »

I've got a feeling that they waited until 10 games from the end until they replaced their manager.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 12:28:02 »

reg, I don't disagree these are worrying times.

Just got to hope we are all being melodramatic and it turns around.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: