Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48932 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:16:10 »

I think the Cambridge keeper made one (comfortable) save to his left in the second half and pushed out a Dunne effort in the first.

Richards put an effort wide in the second too..

But yeah, unsurprisingly we never really looked like scoring. again
Flashheart

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:18:00 »

... and the Cambridge defence were woeful at times. All over the place and there for the taking.

Alas...
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:19:43 »

Conroy missed a sitter in the first half - free header straight at the keeper from close range, but that was the only real clear cut opportunity - unlike Cambridge who had 4 clear cut chances, scoring from 2 of them and blowing the other 2 in the second half.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:31:52 »

You don't need to. The current M.O. is to tell all and sundry that you are not going anymore. Several times just to be sure that everybody heard you. Don't forget to let everybody know that you've been a season ticket holder for X number of years as you voice your disgust.

The ones who make the most noise about it are normally among the first to stop going.
After that, people just tend to slip away quietly. It's sad.

Anyway, onwards.
Forecast is for skies to be grey on Saturday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:40:54 »

The ones who make the most noise about it are normally among the first to stop going.
After that, people just tend to slip away quietly. It's sad.

Anyway, onwards.
Forecast is for skies to be grey on Saturday.

Twas ever thus.... like how you never hear anything from Loud and Proud these days, whereas my alternative Quiet and Ashamed is still in fine shape.

I used to spend alot of time in Nottingham, and reckoned it did grey better than anywhere else I'd been to in England, may have been the grime attached to the sanstone buildings.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 12:43:26 »

Conroy missed a sitter in the first half - free header straight at the keeper from close range, but that was the only real clear cut opportunity - unlike Cambridge who had 4 clear cut chances, scoring from 2 of them and blowing the other 2 in the second half.

Richards had a header well saved in the 2nd half but otherwise yeah you're pretty much right.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 16:06:39 »

I come from a land down-under
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 16:13:41 »

It has to be Brown doesn`t it...it`s his team...games I have seen we have looked okay and not as bad as the current position shows - I think the talent is there so he needs to sort it out and quick....it`s just all so Swindon Town...COYR

Bathtime
Sir red ken

« Reply #128 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 17:37:40 »

It has to be Brown doesn`t it...it`s his team...games I have seen we have looked okay and not as bad as the current position shows - I think the talent is there so he needs to sort it out and quick....it`s just all so Swindon Town...COYR
The team is every bit as useless as their league position shows. We've had teams in the past.that look to good to go down but did. As for PB I wasn't that impressed when he took over as we slipped out of the playoffs,what's more his win rate is sh1te. Our current form is bottom 2 and there's still enough time to join them. PB's team selection is always wrong to start the game and his subs are often baffling? So yes its Browns fault but here's the problem, we've had a succession of bad managers of late and they've been appointed by Power who in my opinion couldn't pick a successful if his life depended on it. Either that or he doesn't want success! I think we know where the fault lies ultimately.
REDBUCK

« Reply #129 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 19:53:11 »

That's a lot of waffle, for a Power Out opinion.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 21:56:38 »

I guess being commutable for Edinburgh creates a bubble....

Oddly, I was in Gloucester cathedral last week, where Edward II is buried, he being defeated by the Bruce at Bannockburn. His tomb recently being tarted up.... Edward got a bad rep for Bannockburn and its consequences, hence the whole red hot poker up the arse at Berkeley story for his alleged homosexuality.

Edward's older bro Alphonso, would have become king had he not died.... I wonder if we'd have then had 8 king Alphonsos rather than Edwards?

The Pars came out on top on pens after a trip to Herfordshire, after a 0-0 draw.   Sutton fared better, winning 1-0 at what I still call Airdrieonians, following up by losing on pens to Bohemians of Dublin after another 0-0 draw  Smiley
They are called Airdieonians by everybody now.  Changed their name a few years ago.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 00:16:44 »

They are called Airdieonians by everybody now.  Changed their name a few years ago.

That's reassuring... I know they went bust and had to reform a bit like Bristol City 82 Ltd. But you don't want to be losing a name like Airdrieonians.

Names are important, look at Hull, went to shit after their owner wanted to rebrand them Hull Tigers, and got a fan backlash, you can imagine the outcry if 82, had become Slave Traders.

Could Hull really reappoint Brown? It would be best all round, with the proviso, that Brown's replacement on sacking was Iain Dowie.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 07:52:14 »

That's reassuring... I know they went bust and had to reform a bit like Bristol City 82 Ltd. But you don't want to be losing a name like Airdrieonians.

Names are important, look at Hull, went to shit after their owner wanted to rebrand them Hull Tigers, and got a fan backlash, you can imagine the outcry if 82, had become Slave Traders.

Could Hull really reappoint Brown? It would be best all round, with the proviso, that Brown's replacement on sacking was Iain Dowie.
With Hull being in a worse position than us, and with his current track record here, would they really want him back ?,  certainly can't see them wanting to pay to get him back.  No, I think we're stuck with him, just got to get his finger out and get things turned around here.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Sir red ken

« Reply #133 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 08:12:17 »

That's a lot of waffle, for a Power Out opinion.
Yes it is, but I don't know what we're going to do, unless there's a takeover we're stuck with him. In the mean time us fans can only sit on our hands and watch the club sink. All we have to look forward too is another manager, appointed by the person who gave us all the other managers.All our good players have been sold and we are staring into the abyss. Sad times for a club with a history like ours.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Friday, October 26, 2018, 09:01:32 »

Brown says 'I take blame' in the Adver today. 'Fans should criticise me, not players.'

ust be the oldest
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: