Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48929 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 20:59:14 »

and switched back to white, didn't it get us relegated?

No the black got us relegated 73/74.  I associate the red with McMahon 96/97, watching 5 straight without a goal and 1 in 8, and wondering if we'd ever have a shot again, let alone score... we're not quite there yet, but that was in Div 2 and this is Div 4.  Late McMahon seemed to overide the positive of the Hoddle era.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 21:37:52 »

I blame The Mighty Boosh.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sir red ken

« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 21:49:07 »

We can't blame past managers players or owners, neither do we have the pleasure of blaming the political class. Yes the FA shat on us but we never ended up in div 2 after so its not their fault. Having ruled out all other options it means its the fans fault. I'm OK with taking my share of the blame but that makes us fans a bunch of wankers. LP & PB get off scott free,
no blame can be attached to our current management. That feels better having got to the truth.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 23:45:10 »

I am not a fan of Power, never have been, never will be.

But

He actually hasn't done that much wrong, all I can genuinely level at him was taking too long to get rid of Williams when things obviously weren't working out for him, if he had gone in January I think we could have stayed up, but we didn't hence why we are in this league now.

The only other point could be that he has stripped the budget down to a point we are not competitive but he has to balance the books with dwinding attendances and player sales not making up the shortfall.

Anyone who thinks that the shit on the pitch isn't hurting Power must be a grade A idiot.

He has but "X" million into the club and with every on pitch defeat the value of his investment goes down, hurting him in his pocket.

Who else will come in and buy a shit, underperforming club? are there any wealthy investors out there? no. Can the Trust afford to buy the club? no. Will Power sell if he makes a little extra on top of the deal (which is only to be expected) yes he has always said he wanted to steady the ship and then set sail, so where are the hoardes of major investors? the monied buyers? nowhere, just as there were no options when Power took over originally...which is the major reason we have him as owner now.

Offer a genuinely viable alternative rather than just saying Power "fuck off".

Fuck this hand wringing understanding shit. If you still care (to be honest I'm not sure I do) then at least go down fighting, not watching your team mediocre themselves into non-league whilst you sigh with a "there's nothing else which can be done".

There might not be an alternative to the current manager and board. And If any of you are millionnaires with an alternative then give me a few quid instead. But at least pretend you care and kick up a fuss. This justifying the shit is the most depressing thing I've seen. Kick up a fucking fuss anyway.

Sorry Not sure I quoted the right post.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 06:12:32 »

flammable, do you fancy dusting off your interview skills and storm the directors area Wink
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 08:24:32 »

It's not even possible to rip the season ticket up in a public display of disgust these days.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 08:46:22 »

Fuck this hand wringing understanding shit. If you still care (to be honest I'm not sure I do) then at least go down fighting, not watching your team mediocre themselves into non-league whilst you sigh with a "there's nothing else which can be done".

There might not be an alternative to the current manager and board. And If any of you are millionnaires with an alternative then give me a few quid instead. But at least pretend you care and kick up a fuss. This justifying the shit is the most depressing thing I've seen. Kick up a fucking fuss anyway.

Sorry Not sure I quoted the right post.

Problem is fB, I don't think enough people really care any more.  This is a consequence of moderrn football and how particularly at STFC the bonds that linked fans to club have been destroyed down the years... it also mirrors society.

When I pointed out last season how many of the teams between us and the Conference were teams who had recently been in non league.... Ferret pointed out not surprising as the Conference is effectively Div 5.

In our collective fan head,    getting there would be a disaster, in Power's head, just would mean trimming the budget a bit more.  

Whilst there might be some who'd knock it on the head many more would still wander along to what is now a niche activity.  The proper hardcore away traveller types would probably enjoy it all those new grounds.... WB could add to his Wetherspoon's tick list, to such an extent that he could probably bring out a guide book to the Wetherspoon's of Britain (assuming there isn't already such an august tome)

Further there's now the Irn Bru Cup, (Scottish Challenge Cup)   Boreham Wood and Sutton both got in that for finishing 3rd and 4th in the Conference last year, and so play v Sweatie teams below the SPL but also Crusaders  and Coleraine of soon to be what used to be Norn Iron, Bohemians and Bray from RoI and New Saints and Connah's Quay Nomads from Cymru.  OK you might want to give Connah's Quay a swerve, sort of place when I was there 40 years ago, you entered at your peril.

But you could get as I think BW did Dunfermline.... surely you'd be all over that... chance to do the Calvin Harris trail, which if it doesn't exist should exist.  

The icing on the cake could be a trip to Waterford... got to be better than Chelsea U 21 in the Boycott.

« Last Edit: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 08:50:06 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 09:02:11 »

Problem is fB, I don't think enough people really care any more.  This is a consequence of moderrn football and how particularly at STFC the bonds that linked fans to club have been destroyed down the years... it also mirrors society.

When I pointed out last season how many of the teams between us and the Conference were teams who had recently been in non league.... Ferret pointed out not surprising as the Conference is effectively Div 5.

In our collective fan head,    getting there would be a disaster, in Power's head, just would mean trimming the budget a bit more. 

Whilst there might be some who'd knock it on the head many more would still wander along to what is now a niche activity.  The proper hardcore away traveller types would probably enjoy it all those new grounds.... WB could add to his Wetherspoon's tick list, to such an extent that he could probably bring out a guide book to the Wetherspoon's of Britain (assuming there isn't already such an august tome)

Further there's now the Irn Bru Cup, (Scottish Challenge Cup)   Boreham Wood and Sutton both got in that for finishing 3rd and 4th in the Conference last year, and so play v Sweatie teams below the SPL but also Crusaders  and Coleraine of soon to be what used to be Norn Iron, Bohemians and Bray from RoI and New Saints and Connah's Quay Nomads from Cymru.  OK you might want to give Connah's Quay a swerve, sort of place when I was there 40 years ago, you entered at your peril.

But you could get as I think BW did Dunfermline.... surely you'd be all over that... chance to do the Calvin Harris trail, which if it doesn't exist should exist.   

The icing on the cake could be a trip to Waterford... got to be better than Chelsea U 21 in the Boycott.

some pointless facts (kind of) about Dunfermline.

* My sister lives on the outskirts of Dunfermline
* I have been to East End Park to watch Hearts play against the Pars (not sure how DA get that nickname)
* I have played and scored (a brace no less) on East End Park in an 11 a side game (they had a plastic pitch and so allowed punters to play on the pitch
* I bought a car at a garage within stone throwing distance of East End Park.

Boring, and not useful.

*East End Park is the name of Dunfermline's ground.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 09:22:08 »

some pointless facts (kind of) about Dunfermline.

* My sister lives on the outskirts of Dunfermline
* I have been to East End Park to watch Hearts play against the Pars (not sure how DA get that nickname)
* I have played and scored (a brace no less) on East End Park in an 11 a side game (they had a plastic pitch and so allowed punters to play on the pitch
* I bought a car at a garage within stone throwing distance of East End Park.

Boring, and not useful.

Au contraire, this is the stuff we want. I do recall watching a stage of the Tour of Britain 3 or so years ago on the box, as it passed through Dunfermline and thinking it looked a bit run down... I guess Eedinburgh commuting might raise the house prices?  Does Calvin Harris at least have a blue plaque?

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 09:26:38 »

Steady on with all this optimism Reg. Wink

I now see that it's the rest of us who are curmudgeonly naysayers viewing the Conference as some kind of disaster
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 09:47:00 »

Au contraire, this is the stuff we want. I do recall watching a stage of the Tour of Britain 3 or so years ago on the box, as it passed through Dunfermline and thinking it looked a bit run down... I guess Eedinburgh commuting might raise the house prices?  Does Calvin Harris at least have a blue plaque?

I am going to sound like an Edinburgh snob here a little bit, but most towns I went to in Scotland north of the Forth Road Bridge tend to look a little run down. (I was going to use Motherwell as an example but that's a Glasgow overspill, don't get me started on Partick!!) Dunfermline City Centre is ok I suppose, and for those who like a walk Dunfermline Abbey and Pittencrief Park are quite nice for a stroll in the sun.

Re house prices, I am not sure but commuting from South Fife into Edinburgh is really easy so you are probably right.

I am also unable to confirm about the blue plaque about Calvin Harris, although Robert the Bruce is buried in Dunfermline if that helps?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Flashheart

« Reply #116 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 09:52:13 »

It's not even possible to rip the season ticket up in a public display of disgust these days.

You don't need to. The current M.O. is to tell all and sundry that you are not going anymore. Several times just to be sure that everybody heard you. Don't forget to let everybody know that you've been a season ticket holder for X number of years as you voice your disgust.
Flashheart

« Reply #117 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:04:55 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17006336.swindon-town-boss-phil-brown-urges-his-players-to-show-belief-in-front-of-goal-amid-tough-run/

Waffling shite is a clear sign if a manager that is struggling:

My confidence comes from the players playing well, and they are playing well to a certain extent.

No, Phil. They are not playing at all well. You're deluded if you think they are.

“Fans are going to get frustrated when a team doesn’t quite get over the line.

“But I’ll go back to the effort and attempts on goal. If we weren’t trying, I could understand the fans’ reaction.

It's not a case of not quite getting over the line. We are failing miserably. We're not even close to the line, Phil.

“But they can surely see that the players are working hard enough to try and alleviate the pressure that’s coming on everybody.”

OK then Phil. They're working hard so that makes it all OK does it? Working hard alone is enough to get us promoted is it?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:13:07 »

Where are these mysterious efforts on goal PB refers to? I have watched the last 3 games and can't remember off the top of my head ANY clear cut chances created.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, October 25, 2018, 10:14:38 »

I am going to sound like an Edinburgh snob here a little bit, but most towns I went to in Scotland north of the Forth Road Bridge tend to look a little run down. (I was going to use Motherwell as an example but that's a Glasgow overspill, don't get me started on Partick!!) Dunfermline City Centre is ok I suppose, and for those who like a walk Dunfermline Abbey and Pittencrief Park are quite nice for a stroll in the sun.

Re house prices, I am not sure but commuting from South Fife into Edinburgh is really easy so you are probably right.

I am also unable to confirm about the blue plaque about Calvin Harris, although Robert the Bruce is buried in Dunfermline if that helps?

I guess being commutable for Edinburgh creates a bubble....

Oddly, I was in Gloucester cathedral last week, where Edward II is buried, he being defeated by the Bruce at Bannockburn. His tomb recently being tarted up.... Edward got a bad rep for Bannockburn and its consequences, hence the whole red hot poker up the arse at Berkeley story for his alleged homosexuality.

Edward's older bro Alphonso, would have become king had he not died.... I wonder if we'd have then had 8 king Alphonsos rather than Edwards?

The Pars came out on top on pens after a trip to Herfordshire, after a 0-0 draw.   Sutton fared better, winning 1-0 at what I still call Airdrieonians, following up by losing on pens to Bohemians of Dublin after another 0-0 draw  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: