Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who Do we blame ?, Power/Brown/Players or fans ??.  (Read 48922 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 08:50:11 »

Don't really know what to say here,  a manager underachieving,  a team that can't score and an owner who doesn't give a fuck.
We are in the shit, up the creek without a paddle.  I Don't think many people realise the severity of the situation we are in, just look at the league table,  we are sinking fast. I don't want to appear negative but after 50+ Years of following the town this has to be one of the worst situations we have been in, other than the mid eighties.
Hopefully we will have enough in the tank to see us above the line come the end of the season.
Do we blame the owner, the manager or the team ?.
Really can't see anyway out at present,  something needs to change and quick.
Finally,  who are the fucking idiots in the town end booing their own player ?, if you don't like it fuck off, Lancashire may not be the best,  and probably would rather not be playing 90 minutes, but we are where we are,  players are not going to perform when dickheads boo their every move.  His confidence must be sky high now.  Find the twats and kick them out of the town end, better still kick them out of Swindon altogether.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:02:57 »

Us being in L2 in the first place is Power's fault.

This season in isolation is Brown's fault.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:11:51 »

I went Saturday and felt there was no singing to support the squad. I know there isn't much to cheer at the moment but getting a Lincoln type mentality might help, what happened to loud and proud?
Answer to the question - it's not the fans.
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:17:23 »

Us being in L2 in the first place is Power's fault.

This season in isolation is Brown's fault.

Close the thread.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:23:04 »

Firstly, we can’t keep on blaming the ‘Swindon 3’. That ship has sailed. The mistakes are there for all to see from almost every individual player - whether it’s a poor final ball, a poor, simple pass or a horrendous cock up at the back.

Yes, there are options to Lancashire but, tbf, he’s hardly been the worst offender lately. Conroy was dreadful last night.

Who is there to replace Taylor that’ll improve things? Ditto Richards.

Brown has bought a fancy Dan midfield lounge with creaking floorboards and no roof. The balance of the squad just isn’t there.

It’s his fault. Taxi.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:36:23 »

When did Power ask us to judge him?

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:39:04 »

When did Power ask us to judge him?

Five years wasn't it? Isn't that this coming winter?

Even though the balance of the squad is off, I'm convinced a better manager gets this bunch of players up the league and towards the top 7, especially with some astute recruitment of a LB and a striker in Jan.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:41:59 »

Power hasn’t helped at all...but...unless you know someone with millions ready to buy the club and invest, he’s here.

Admirable that he’s got us living within our means but that should be a short term plan to even us out & find investment. Long term all that will do is lead to a slow painful death.

Brown doesn’t have a clue what he is doing. Probably has the players but doesn’t have a clue how to use them, what formation to play and what is best XI is. He’s a crap manager living off success with Hull from 10 years ago. He should be sacked after last night.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:43:47 by DV Canio » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:44:54 »

Bigger picture it is all Powers fault, This season is Browns fault entirely. That squad is better than what he is getting from them,so much better
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:48:09 »

I blame Brown. His record at the end of last season and the start of this is very poor.

The players, on paper look good enough for a top 10 assault. You can't fault the effort, and I can't exactly put my finger on it, but something just doesn't appear right. We are sluggish at the back and pose little threat up front despite having a decent set of forwards for this level.

Yes under Power's leadership we have gone backwards on the pitch but financially we appear to be in a relatively good place. As others have said, unless a very wealthy person or consortium is willing to take us over, Power is not going anywhere.

Until the training ground is completed, and the redeveloped ground is complete bringing in new financial streams I can see us plodding along at this level. Yay!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:49:59 »

Difficult to answer who is to blame without knowing the club's MO.

I'd say whoever was in charge of recruitment is the most to blame for getting such an unbalanced squad.

Brown is definitely culpable for continuing to rely on past it players. Now I'd have signed them on myself to be honest, but you need quality alongside them in case it doesn't work. And to be big enough to drop them when that becomes clear. And how the hell you can't see Anderson and Woolery won't score goals is criminal. And Lancashire as captain has made him hard to drop (though I don't think he's been that bad to be honest, yesterday aside).

Brown is also to blame for a confused system that isn't working. Bizarre systems and selection at times and odd subs.

And yes as fans in general we are waiting for the first mistake. We don't get behind them like we should really. I think that is only true in recent weeks, early on when we were creating but losing the fans did respond in a good way. A number of years of shit home performances and a loss in confidence in Brown has taken its toll. Should we be better, more supportive - yes. But frustrations boil over eventually and its building now. Always has done.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:53:42 by Batch » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:50:48 »

For me, off the pitch, Power has ripped the soul, atmosphere and excitement away from the club. There is never going to be any optimism under him because as DV has said a number of times, it feels like we are just making up the numbers. I can’t see us progressing at any point as a club under him.

On pitch, Brown clearly hasn’t got a fucking clue what to do with the players we have. Constantly picking the same players that have been poor, or because he didn’t sign players to replace them because he signed 5/6 centre midfielders and used the budget up. His substitutions are desperate, there doesn’t seem to be any way of playing, and if we don’t get a win in the next 2/3 games the atmosphere is going to get very sour.
Last night was up there with Cheltenham away, the Gurney/Heywood finger saga for me, it was that bad.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:51:30 »

Trouble with plodding at this level is the serious risk of dropping out if the league. The good base level support will vanish and it will be hard to get that back. Who wants to support a club with no obvious ambition?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:56:15 »

Trouble with plodding at this level is the serious risk of dropping out if the league. The good base level support will vanish and it will be hard to get that back. Who wants to support a club with no obvious ambition?

In effect Ambition = cash. Power doesn't have it. We need someone in who does. Can't see Power diluting his disillusion ROI.

Its desperate
Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:57:25 »

For me, off the pitch, Power has ripped the soul, atmosphere and excitement away from the club. There is never going to be any optimism under him because as DV has said a number of times, it feels like we are just making up the numbers. I can’t see us progressing at any point as a club under him.

I honestly think this is superficial and all will be fine should things get better on the pitch. It's just that we've had a few years of dull, ineffective football now. Some of that is Power's fault, and some of it is not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: