Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge official match day thread  (Read 28415 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:45:53 »

Need a striker from the Austin/Cox category
Flashheart

« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:50:25 »

We also could not handle Cambridge's high pressing last night. We had no answer to it, asides from some very precarious passes around the back. A mistake waiting to happen.

Simultaneously, they had all men behind the ball by the time we got close to their area. It was clueless all over the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:51:13 »

All teams do through bad patches I think we'll agree. we've seen that King team not win in 10, and call in Coppell to help for example.

But the thing nagging away at me is those first few  games. we created loads of chances, scored few of them. I thought this was a good sign at the time, goals would come.

but on reflection, if doughty hadn't scored those penalties we'd be looking at a Reg level doom scenario. Alarm bells should be ringing.

But as I said, King managed to turn it around... anyone got super Sam's number?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 09:51:54 »

All teams do through bad patches I think we'll agree. we've seen that King team not win in 10, and call in Coppell to help for example.

But the thing nagging away at me is those first few  games. we created loads of chances, scored few of them. I thought this was a good sign at the time, goals would come.

but on reflection, if doughty hadn't scored those penalties we'd be looking at a Reg level doom scenario. Alarm bells should be ringing.

Constanza? Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:04:19 »

You can always turn things around when you’ve got a 20 goal a season striker wearing number 9
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:08:11 »

yeah, I know DV. we need to wait until January and hope we get very very lucky from non-league/loan market.

this summer's recruitment looks like a colossal fuck up to me
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:09:26 »

I think Adebayo can hit 15+

Just need to build the team around him, play to his strengths and keep his confidence up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:18:22 »

He might, but its a hell of a risk to expect it from a young and inexperienced player. He's looked well out of sorts the last 2 games too.

Being on the left wing won't help that either. For me I'd go 4-4-2 and stick him up with Richards.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 10:58:57 »

He might, but its a hell of a risk to expect it from a young and inexperienced player. He's looked well out of sorts the last 2 games too.

Being on the left wing won't help that either. For me I'd go 4-4-2 and stick him up with Richards.

Confidence maybe?
Parkin, Cox, Austin hardly seasoned pro’s on arrival.

Would like to see him and Woolrey in a 2 man up top.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:01:26 »

Confidence maybe?
Parkin, Cox, Austin hardly seasoned pro’s on arrival.

Would like to see him and Woolrey in a 2 man up top.

Yeah that probably plays a big part (confidence that is). I can't see a Woolery/Adebeyo combo working myself, nothing would stick. But hell, stranger things have happened. And sticking with what we have ain't working.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 11:41:36 »

Just need to build the team around him, play to his strengths and keep his confidence up.

Agree

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:49:31 »

I think we need Taylor in the team, I think he still offers something, he does have that never say die attitude, and last night it was only him and Vigs that was prepared to make their voices heard, even our captain seemed to retreat into his shell.

Let bring it back to basics, go 442 give Woolery 60-70 mins up front with Adebayo, Dave & doughty in the middle with Iandolo and Mcglashan supporting with width and Nelson & Wolf at the back, it cant be any worse, if we are not going to score lets at least try and get a point by being solid.

I really hope Keshi get's dropped though, he fine when he is running but he runs into too many dead ends and loses possession to often.

I think if Brown went then it would be a case of starting all over again with a manager wanting his own players, current players not good enough, causing problems, not fitting style of play etc etc and we cant keep having a big overhaul we need some consistency, although the longer this winless run continues the more you wonder about Brown and his future here....it cant continue into December surely
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:58:29 »

I think we need Taylor in the team, I think he still offers something, he does have that never say die attitude, and last night it was only him and Vigs that was prepared to make their voices heard, even our captain seemed to retreat into his shell.

Let bring it back to basics, go 442 give Woolery 60-70 mins up front with Adebayo, Dave & doughty in the middle with Iandolo and Mcglashan supporting with width and Nelson & Wolf at the back, it cant be any worse, if we are not going to score lets at least try and get a point by being solid.

I really hope Keshi get's dropped though, he fine when he is running but he runs into too many dead ends and loses possession to often.

I think if Brown went then it would be a case of starting all over again with a manager wanting his own players, current players not good enough, causing problems, not fitting style of play etc etc and we cant keep having a big overhaul we need some consistency, although the longer this winless run continues the more you wonder about Brown and his future here....it cant continue into December surely

If Anderson could find a red shirt with a pass every now and again I think he would be a good weapon. He is pacy and quite tricky but the number of times a good run ends with him losing it is frustrating.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:58:51 »

I've given Anderson the same assessment, but I don't think we have anybody better, certainly not carrying the ball forward.

from the little I've seen, I do think Smith is a little unfortunate (sounds familiar Smiley ). McCourt may as well go on holiday until January
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 13:26:26 »

We are a bit stuck formations wise - the midfielders we have are all central bar McGlashan and maybe Iandolo.  The front players are all set-up to play off someone who isn't there and we have a left back who is not really a left back and can only really perform when he doesn't have to worry about defending (even last night he was targeted and lost either the header, the player or put the ball into touch reaching for a header).  It is all a bit squiffy.  I think the squad can really only play 4-5-1 or 3-5-2.  That means we have to work out the best starting eleven that will work as a team and get it gelling.  I don't see Alzate and Anderson working together for example.  neither is really much good out wide and both are too likely to go down a blind alley to play together in the middle of midfield and could not be relied upon as the central forward.  Richards is never going to work in the 4-5-1 with his current legs and style of play.  He might work in the 3-5-2 with the right delivery and partner.  Lancashire would probably have to play in the three man defence and that is a problem, something is just not right with, I do think he is broken somewhere and it is not his fault.  So then you think you have to go with 4 at the back and that exposes Taylor..................messy.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: