Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge official match day thread  (Read 29510 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:49:39 »

That's got to be the end of PB, lets hope he takes LP with him. On this run of form we're looking at loosing our league status.

Yep cos LP fucking off right now and leaving the club on the brink can only be a good thing!

Fuck me
Flashheart

« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:50:41 »

I also doubt the severity of Doughty's injury. I reckon he's just thought 'fuck this'.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:51:23 »

Unlike other times when we've reached a point where I think a Managerial change is right, I don't think very many of the players need to shoulder much responsibility here.  Someone else mentioned it, I don't see see players drifting, not putting in effort.  I see three older heads who are not good enough anymore, despite their past efforts in two cases.  The rest seem lost, not knowing what we are trying to do.  Those ants that run in a circle until they die because they lost the leader, that's what we look like.  You can't say those ants are not trying to find a way out, they are just lost and working themselves into the grave.
Panda Paws

« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:56:26 »

He has to go after that. It should have 4 or 5.

I agree with Rob. I genuinely don't blame the players for the majority of this. They haven't got a clue what they're supposed to do, how they're supposed to defend or attack, and it's not their fault there's blind faith in the three pensioners.

What do we achieve by not getting rid? How does it get worse? What happens Saturday if he goes that is worse than the last 6 weeks?
Sir red ken

« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:56:54 »

Yep cos LP fucking off right now and leaving the club on the brink can only be a good thing!

Fuck me
Where do you think we're heading with LP in charge, are you still buying into the 5 year plan? Another 6 to 8 weeks of this and we'll be right in the brown stuff (pun intended). Our form isn't playoff's its conference, how bad does it have to get before you face facts? As for the club its on the brink now!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 20:57:04 »

That ranks behind the Lincoln game, awful.  Sorry Bamboo, stats don't win games.  We had two good chances all game, the rest were not a real threat, but Cambridge could very easily have had 4 or 5 by the end due to a plodding defence.

I understand the need to change something and go for it.  I also understand the fact Dave was up and down today and messed up twice for the goals, but there was seemingly no thought about structure when making the change.  Yet again, what little shape we did have then vanished.  As bad as Flitcroft in that sense.

Brown has offered nothing to suggest he knows a way out of this other than to keep rolling dice.  He's got players, not for the way he wants to play though, whatever that may be.  He's also left himself some gaps which make it tough to change the set-up.

It's a mess.  I'd wave him goodbye and give someone a chance to review ahead of January.  It's a shame really.  The first few games offered some glimpses of an emerging improvement, there are some players with a bit of talent, but the mix is wrong and we are changing our way out of form and into a complete loss of confidence.

Completely understand what you're saying RobT. I just felt we were the better team 2nd half but purely because Cambridge didn't need to be. I think PB did make the right changes to try and go for it but something isn't right and it does seem that he is losing some of the dressing room. An insistence to play ALL of the older heads when most are underperforming are his worse calls to date. As you say there are some players in that team and even tonight I looked at it and thought, yep there are some weak links but we should have more than enough to beat Cambridge. In fairness the games result hinged on the madness in minutes 11 and 12. The alarming thing is, it would've likely ended up a 0-0.

I'm torn tbh, because I think this team is good enough to come good. With 2-3 January additions. I also think PB is good enough too but when in a negative environment and if players decide to not perform then that's compromised.

One thing that doesn't help though is the dickheads in the Town End constantly booing Lancashire on the ball. It was akin to Joey Beauchamp returning here for Oxford. Totally unnecessary. Lancashire did not deserve that and I hope one of the players has mentioned it post match.

Ahhh, bloody football!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:00:34 »

Oh, and as for stats.

One reason we had the possession we did etc is because they allowed us to. 2-0 up against a team that can't score against a woeful Mansfield that were a man down for 45 minutes +. It was easy for them. Cambridge could just let us faff about with it and try to score from the break, which they nearly did several times.

I did actually mention this was the reason why we had more of the possession etc. 2nd half, because Cambridge didn't need to have possession. They knew at 0-2 the worse they could ever come away with was a draw.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:03:35 »

But what was our XG?

Things get better but they never get good
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:04:40 »

I also doubt the severity of Doughty's injury. I reckon he's just thought 'fuck this'.

This was my feeling too. 0-2 down 16mins in. Nahh fuck that I can go and get a hot chocolate and a nice soak. I'm sure that's not his mindset but if it is, then we are a little fucked because MDs commitment has been top notch to date. If PB has lost MDs faith then yep. Not good.

Would we be likely to go after Sam Ricketts and give him a go at the job, if the inevitable were to happen?

'Incessant Nonsense'

aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:05:27 »

Has Brown’s post match interview started yet?
Flashheart

« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:05:46 »

But what was our XG?

Minus something.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:07:13 »

Well that was gash  Suicide
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:07:55 »

Has Brown’s post match interview started yet?

Wake, you mean surely?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:09:35 »

Where do you think we're heading with LP in charge, are you still buying into the 5 year plan? Another 6 to 8 weeks of this and we'll be right in the brown stuff (pun intended). Our form isn't playoff's its conference, how bad does it have to get before you face facts? As for the club its on the brink now!

Point missed

Unless there is some billionaire itching to get there hands on the club right now then the middle of season is the wrong time for boardroom chaos.

We aren’t on the brink, behave. Well unless you are oblivious to when the club has genuinely been on the blink multiple times in the last 30 years

Don’t get me wrong I want Brown out now, LP can wait til the summer
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 21:10:11 »

I genuinely think Dunne was man of the match for us tonight, that’s how bad it was. For all the huff and puff, corners, possession, shots, we have zero end product. We could be playing until tomorrow and we still wouldn’t score. And worryingly this was against a very poor side - but unfortunately we are a very poor side as well. We gifted them 2 goals through rank bad football. The older heads as everyone keeps harping on about are a problem - Richards is gone, Lancashire is just poor and Taylor cuts a frustrated figure who knows his best days are behind him. But the younger players are just as much a problem - Anderson just runs with the ball like a headless chicken  and you know damn well he’s gonna lose it, Bayo seems to have an uncanny knack of timing his jump just right so he doesn’t win a header, Conroy just isn’t match fit as far as I can see. It could have been 4-0 to Cambridge tonight quite easily as they missed 2 sitters near the end and they are an awful side. Very concerning as nothing positive to take out of tonight (or Saturday for that matter). All that said, our “fans” are a disgrace booing Lancashire during the game - by all means boo as much as you want after the first half or at full time but not during the game. If you’re that frustrated, this should be vented towards the chairman or even the manager.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: